Reasons For Returning

Old Jan 29th 2010, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reasons For Returning

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
You live in a really shitty area glad i don't live near you. My area is wonderful, not a turd in sight
I'm lucky I live in a good area too.I have come across the odd turd()on my walks but to assume it does'nt go on in other countries is unrealistic.I came from a small country town in South Oz and they used to get a teacher every morning to check for turds around the school ground,as people would walk their dogs on the school oval after hours and consequently would let their dog s*** where it liked!Nice!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 10:50 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bizzymum
It goes on everywhere. I was at a dog park where they provided bags near the bins and you will see poop right by where you can get the bags. People are just lazy and it is not unique to the UK.
Exact same here - I think the scent sets dogs off and makes it a "pooping preference" spot. So when you walk over to drop your bag in, you end up with more than you bargained for, on the sole of your shoe.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 11:08 am
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Loving the poo thread! OK, so I'll give you the Vancouver Island, Canada poo situation.....

If you're a retired middle class lady or gentleman you walk a dog that is no bigger than your average cat and it deposits small lumps that are promptly put in a bag by retiree, (health allowing). However, if you live in my village (high portion of red necks) you let your dog roam around and deposit its business wherever, whenever. The responsible red neck will tie it up in the yard all seasons, all day, all night, no shelter, no stimulation (apart from barking savagely at passers by) where it can only poop in a very small area. Nice.

OK, I'm pooped.....off back to bed.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:02 pm
Erica

Erica is a name known to allErica is a name known to allErica is a name known to allErica is a name known to allErica is a name known to allErica is a name known to allErica is a name known to allErica is a name known to allErica is a name known to allErica is a name known to allErica is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Elvira
It's amazing how soon the nice weather looses its attraction. I live in Northern California - probably one of the best climates on the planet - but for me it's just not part of the Quality of Life equation anymore.
Hi Elvira. Where do you live? I am living in Berkeley, CA. The weather is wonderful and you can grow veggies all year round. I am still going back though, there is more to life than weather.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

thepeacock is an unknown quantity at this point

yes I do realize it goes on everywhere but when I was in the U.S.A. their culture seems much more about cleaning up after your dogs crap. UK you kind of get funny looks if you pick it up.

The parks in the US were a LOT CLEANER that here.

And you do not think it goes on in Australia
Old Jan 29th 2010, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

thepeacock is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL I could have told you that....

The thing I get really tired of is the people who think Australia is a kind of paradise where people are automatically nicer and better behaved. I've seen nothing to make me think that's true.
Generally people are the same. Slight different cultures due to weather, population, income, etc but generally we are al lhuman (I hope) so you get all kinds everywhere.

Biggest factors about moving from the UK for me are:

Property value for money. I know USA/Canada/Oz/Timbuktoo has equal expensive areas. But generally in the UK you do not get good value for money.

2) Gridlock....you can't drive many places at many times any more without sitting in traffic jam after jam. The growth I seen from my time away from 1997 -2003 was massive. And it's gettig more and more packed every passing year. They say UK will be at 70M+ by 2050....I can't see how we are going to cope.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:24 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thepeacock
LOL I could have told you that....

Generally people are the same. Slight different cultures due to weather, population, income, etc but generally we are al lhuman (I hope) so you get all kinds everywhere.

Biggest factors about moving from the UK for me are:

Property value for money. I know USA/Canada/Oz/Timbuktoo has equal expensive areas. But generally in the UK you do not get good value for money.

2) Gridlock....you can't drive many places at many times any more without sitting in traffic jam after jam. The growth I seen from my time away from 1997 -2003 was massive. And it's gettig more and more packed every passing year. They say UK will be at 70M+ by 2050....I can't see how we are going to cope.
I think people are FAR from the same, we are all totally and utterly different whether we speak the same language or not. But that's just me.....that's why so many leave to go home because they can't relate to the people, the culture.

I think it's the same old, same old. If you want to leave and start a new life you'll see poo, if you want to go home you'll see beyond the poo!

I also think it depends where you are. We all talk about Canada, Aus, UK and USA and actually what we're talking are our experiences in one teeny weeny part - wee towns, big cities, some wealthy, some impoverished and so on.

Traffic is a bugger in the UK BUT I have friends in Vancouver who leave home at 5am to be at work for 8.30 and he is going OUT of the city. A leaf on the road can bring Vancouver to a stand still as it's all bridge connections. Nightmare. And there is limited public transit......

Anyway, I'll shut up as I'm currently seeing life beyond the poo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:25 pm
Lost in Space

Originally Posted by livinginreality
I'm lucky I live in a good area too.I have come across the odd turd()on my walks but to assume it does'nt go on in other countries is unrealistic.I came from a small country town in South Oz and they used to get a teacher every morning to check for turds around the school ground,as people would walk their dogs on the school oval after hours and consequently would let their dog s*** where it liked!Nice!
Same here in Canada. Poo patrol go out (the kids) to pick up on the fields before a sports class! Lovely. The bear poos are particularly tricky t et in one scoop!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 5:18 pm
Banned

Neil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thepeacock
yes I do realize it goes on everywhere but when I was in the U.S.A. their culture seems much more about cleaning up after your dogs crap. UK you kind of get funny looks if you pick it up.

The parks in the US were a LOT CLEANER that here.

Get funny looks if you pick it up you will get funny looks in the UK if you DO NOT pick it up.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 5:27 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neil52
Get funny looks if you pick it up you will get funny looks in the UK if you DO NOT pick it up.
Well, it depends.

Dog walker one: Which hand do you use to pick up your dog's turds, left or right?
Dog walker two: I use my right hand, what do you use?
Dog walker one: I don't use my hand, I use a plastic bag.

BOOM! BOOM!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 7:32 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
I want to live in a place that is mellow, where people talk to you and have the same sense of humour and the conversation you began 15 years ago continues as if there has never been a hiatus. Where there is variety when you drive from A to B, when your day begins and you have no idea what the weather will be like, where the grass is GREEEEEEEEEN and the gardens full of bright beautiful flowers that change with the seasons, where you can walk down a street and be confronted with a thousand years of human endeavour without even looking.

I long for long summer nights and cold winter days in front of a fire with a real Christmas feel at Christmas time.

I love my people - close ones and friends and I want to be there to share all those special times with them, the births, the marriages and, sadly, the deaths, to see my cousins and friends and their kids moving, growing and changing with the times.

I appreciate the variety in the shops as well - takes me a good two weeks to get over that gobsmacked awe of the variety there too.

Basically, I want to live where I belong and not where I am an alien with alien views, alien noises and alien attitudes to batter my life every single day.

Easy peasy really!
You took the words right out of my mouth But then I know what you mean because I came home last summer after 3 years in Spain and I love being home for all of those reasons
Old Jan 30th 2010, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
You took the words right out of my mouth But then I know what you mean because I came home last summer after 3 years in Spain and I love being home for all of those reasons
Quoll's good I think has phyic powers and knows just how most of us feel on this site...lol....I should just ditto everything she says and save my typing....lol..
Old Jan 30th 2010, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neil52
Yes I was thinking the same thing!Where do you live Peacock?As for traffic,that depends of course where you live.I live fairly close to Bath and yes you would, as EXPECTED hit traffic!!!!But I live in a village and,nope no traffic gridlock where I am!Where are you planning to move to Peacock?
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Jay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really nice

Things me and my partner appreciate more about the UK since living in OZ and NZ:

- Shopping (more choice & better quality)

- Weather (it aint as bad as you think, id rather stand in rain than go through a 40-45c degree heat wave for 2-weeks, although NZ weather is better).

- Banter!

- Pub availability is so much better but we don't like the yob scene that's present way too often.

- Cafe's - strange one I know but not nearly enough decent cafe's in OZ or NZ compared to the UK.

- non-isolation

- We aren't 10-years behind everything!

- Better standard of living (i.e. less expensive when you work things out). NZ was very expensive to live. Free health care in UK (although its rank).

- Architecture

Things me and my partner don't like about the UK since living in OZ and NZ:

- Waiting list to see a doctor (ridiculous!)

- Weather (haha NZ weather was nice, not so nice in OZ when it gets too hot)

- Lack of competence by work forces / no one can do their job properly. It really annoys me and is making me move away again.

- Drink culture - too many yobs in the UK.

- Youth! arrogant twats!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jay-Producer
Things me and my partner appreciate more about the UK since living in OZ and NZ:

- Shopping (more choice & better quality)

- Weather (it aint as bad as you think, id rather stand in rain than go through a 40-45c degree heat wave for 2-weeks, although NZ weather is better).

- Banter!

- Pub availability is so much better but we don't like the yob scene that's present way too often.

- Cafe's - strange one I know but not nearly enough decent cafe's in OZ or NZ compared to the UK.

- non-isolation

- We aren't 10-years behind everything!

- Better standard of living (i.e. less expensive when you work things out). NZ was very expensive to live. Free health care in UK (although its rank).

- Architecture

Things me and my partner don't like about the UK since living in OZ and NZ:

- Waiting list to see a doctor (ridiculous!)

- Weather (haha NZ weather was nice, not so nice in OZ when it gets too hot)

- Lack of competence by work forces / no one can do their job properly. It really annoys me and is making me move away again.

- Drink culture - too many yobs in the UK.

- Youth! arrogant twats!
I think the last 3 you can get anywhere in the world....I espeically find the work and drink culture here in Perth...not great..work ....and Youth...well don't they most think the "know everything"...lol....I know I did when I was younger...lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.