Reasons For Returning

Old Jan 23rd 2010, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

fific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to all
Default Re: Reasons For Returning

Originally Posted by manc1
Most have been mentioned already but here goes. The changing seasons, the sense of humour, the football. A good local, historical buildings and availability to travel to other interesting Countries nearby.
I am smiling at the number of people who have mentioned walking their dogs - thought I was the only weirdo who so misses walking in the woods with my dog and my best friend where we would discuss our week in depth - one week we could be laughing together all the way around then next crying together and the next having one of our many hearty heated debates on the latest topic without fear of offedning or "falling out".

I miss I think overall love and trust - of my close family and friends.

(Oh and the bluebells and rain you can walk in)
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neil52
That really was a great heartfelt post why are you not living your dream?
No dreaming just an Australian husband who wont move!
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 5:42 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fific
I am smiling at the number of people who have mentioned walking their dogs - thought I was the only weirdo who so misses walking in the woods with my dog and my best friend where we would discuss our week in depth - one week we could be laughing together all the way around then next crying together and the next having one of our many hearty heated debates on the latest topic without fear of offedning or "falling out".

Yes, I think walking loosens the mind and the jaw muscles as well as invigorating other areas of the body.

It's great for talking.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

bizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nice

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
Me too - oh why did I continue reading this I promised my hubby I would stop all of my complaining (I agreed to give it another 3 years here) I am trying to think of this as 'enjoy it now while you have it' but can't... I also remembered more things I am missing too.....

Defo the NHS, my free uni education (curtsy of NHS), Cheap Travel to Europe... what I wouldn't give to be heading off to France for the weekend with my mates for 35 quid snowboarding, or going to Dublin for a quid for a girlie weekend. And I miss how you can walk your dogs anywhere and everywhere - I never once saw a sign saying no dogs allowed in UK (apart from shops) but here they wont let dogs anywhere apart from the dog beach which is tiny and covered in poop!
BTW - I always do and always have picked up my doggie dumpages, so it's not my dogs making the turds
I miss the public transport because in Texas if you have no car, you are SOL. I miss the local pub that was located right by the tube station in Redbridge. I miss family reunions that would fill the house and front and back gardens and the all the Jamaican food mixed with some English goodies and loads of drink and music. I also miss the simpler way of life. Here in the US people want MORE and BIGGER and EXPENSIVE.
I miss that you can travel for cheap into the continent even for a weekend.
The festivals and carnivals that would nearly shut down the city because everyone was participating, even the police.
AND...how pet friendly everywhere was. Dogs everywhere.
And I also miss the weather and I miss helping the pensioners as we walked to the station. They were so gracious and it made my morning.
I lived around good people.
I know it is not the same because we are humans and things progress and change,but home is home.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 7:08 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bizzymum
I miss the public transport because in Texas if you have no car, you are SOL. I miss the local pub that was located right by the tube station in Redbridge. I miss family reunions that would fill the house and front and back gardens and the all the Jamaican food mixed with some English goodies and loads of drink and music. I also miss the simpler way of life. Here in the US people want MORE and BIGGER and EXPENSIVE.
The festivals and carnivals that would nearly shut down the city because everyone was participating, even the police.
And I also miss the weather and I miss helping the pensioners as we walked to the station. They were so gracious and it made my morning.
I know it is not the same because we are humans and things progress and change,but home is home.
EXACTLT Bizzymum, home is where the heart is
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 7:27 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fific

You have a talking dog? You could make a fortune!!!

(I talk to my dog too, but it's a bit of a one-way conversation)
Old Jan 24th 2010, 1:54 am
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Beedubya
EXACTLT Bizzymum, home is where the heart is
They have fridges the size of some apartments in the UK. Thirty something cubic feet for a couple and one kid. Madness. Love, love, love the big washing machines though.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 8:05 am
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bizzymum
I miss taking my little boy on trains and buses which he loves. The UK is one big transport adventure unlike here (like Texas) if you have no car...you're simply buggered!

I miss winding country lanes and falling off a motorway to find a lovely village and a great pub totally by accident. Lovely. So much variety, so much to explore.

I miss the buzz! AND, AND, AND........
Old Jan 24th 2010, 8:13 am
Lost in Space

Originally Posted by lilybilly101
They have fridges the size of some apartments in the UK. Thirty something cubic feet for a couple and one kid. Madness. Love, love, love the big washing machines though.
Sorry, forgot to say....'home is where small fridges and Mini coopers are!'
Old Jan 25th 2010, 12:59 am
Just Joined

knconsulting is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mono
What are the things that you prefer about the UK/missed whilst you were away?
Family, The countryside, gastropubs, fish and chips, great curries, trains with bars, decent chocolate, farmer’s markets, country fairs, Brighton Pier, the BBC in its entirety, the NHS, politicians that are not actually retarded, sense of humour, black cabs driven by people with The Knowledge, The Times, the architecture, having sunlight at 10pm in the summer, Boots, Markies, Waitrose, London theatre, the Edinburgh festival, Guy Fawkes Night, Hogmanay, St. George’s Day, CAMRA, more than four flavours of crisps, The National Trust, the Tube, The Cotswolds, The Dales, castles, The Queen’s speech, Christmas crackers & hats, Sunday Roasts, cricket, Morris Men, canal boats, flowers and green grass in the winter, seaside piers, roundabouts, the Eurostar, Poppy Day, British music, pints after work, and everything else except chavs and council estates.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

EnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud of

Just because its home. It might have its problems, but more than anything else in the world, I want to go home, and I want to get out of this horrible, horrible country that I was stupid enough to think would be ok because I loved my husband.

I have no chance of going home, though. I would have to leave my husband.
But I have considered, at times, killing myself to get out of here! If the American health system doesn't kill me first.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 8:36 am
Banned

mono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EnglishTeaDuck
Just because its home. It might have its problems, but more than anything else in the world, I want to go home, and I want to get out of this horrible, horrible country that I was stupid enough to think would be ok because I loved my husband.

But I have considered, at times, killing myself to get out of here! If the American health system doesn't kill me first.
You poor thing. I feel for you - truly. I know what it's like to feel trapped.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 6:14 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

EnglishTeaDuck I feel heartfelt sorrow for you. Hang in there and come and vent on the Rovers Return forum any time you feel like, lots of people have been (and still are) in your position, I see regular posts on here from other people trapped in their situation.

Take care
Old Jan 27th 2010, 6:31 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by mono
You poor thing. I feel for you - truly. I know what it's like to feel trapped.
Mono you too, so sorry you are feeling like this. It may help you and Englishteaduck to vent over on the thread called

Tolerance Please - I need to rant.....

At least you will know you are not alone in your thoughts and feelings and that is important because sometimes you have nobody to talk about this stuff with in the real world......
Old Jan 27th 2010, 1:05 pm
Lost in Space

Is there really no way? If you said you couldn't live like this anymore would he really give you up? Maybe you could lure him there on a ticket, hide his passport, rip up his ticket? lol.

I so feel for you and your situation. And it you're truly feeling that dark.....please see someone. Best wishes from a fellow trapped person...for now at least!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.