Reasons For Returning

Old Jan 20th 2010, 11:23 am
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Reasons For Returning

Originally Posted by dunroving
You are a complete tit.

You do not know Quoll at all, and you you are judging, pontificating, making impossible suggestions and generally missing the mark completely. Read some of the threads on here before jumping in with both feet.
Hilarious. That's why I want to move home. Noone in Canada would call someone a 'tit'. It just sums it up. Lovely job Dunroving!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

bobbarker12345 is a jewel in the roughbobbarker12345 is a jewel in the roughbobbarker12345 is a jewel in the roughbobbarker12345 is a jewel in the roughbobbarker12345 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lilybilly101
I have to say none of my friends and family sit around slagging off the immigrants but then again they are all educated, happy, working people that don't blame immigration for their failings. I'm also the proud daughter of a successful immigrant who was better educated than most when she arrived in Britain from Africa in the 60s and was welcomed warmly by the majority of Brits both professionally and socially. She loves it and has never entertained moving from the UK for a minute!

A recession will always bring out the racists. 'They come over 'ere take our jobs and our women....'
yeah, well my mum emigrated to the UK from sri lanka when she was 7. because of my slightly darker than your typical anglo color i have received the racist treatment you speak of. i am sure that any failings that your family has had are not related to immigration.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 11:51 am
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bobbarker12345
yeah, well my mum emigrated to the UK from sri lanka when she was 7. because of my slightly darker than your typical anglo color i have received the racist treatment you speak of. i am sure that any failings that your family has had are not related to immigration.
There were times that were really grim at school and the bullies had a field day with my complexion too BUT that was the joyous 60s/70s and I had good friends to support me through hand bag kicking at discos (I never use hand bags now) and a couple of severe beatings......but I can't say I've had anything like that since I was very young....thank goodness!

Last edited by lilybilly101; Jan 20th 2010 at 11:54 am.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Well I don't know anyone who slags off immigrants here either.I also don't know anyone who wants to leave the country,or who is unhappy with their lot!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
You are a complete tit.

You do not know Quoll at all, and you you are judging, pontificating, making impossible suggestions and generally missing the mark completely. Read some of the threads on here before jumping in with both feet.
Thanks D! Love that turn of phrase
Old Jan 20th 2010, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Hide the food
Attached Thumbnails Reasons For Returning-troll.jpg  
Old Jan 20th 2010, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

deadlock will become famous soon enough

walking my dog on the south downs in winter,going to the pub with the family on a friday night,my brothers,watching the footie live in the afternoon,clubbing in brighton,long summer nights,ale festivals,transport festivals,the bike scene in general,going to harrods and realising how poor i am,buying a carrier bag from harrods,castles,ploughmans lunches,roast beef,danish bacon,falling asleep on a train and waking up in france,the bystander cafe in brighton,the lake district,the west country,cider in summer.etc.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 12:13 am
ble
Forum Regular

ble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud of

I miss my friends and family (but we have that here in NZ and back in UK).
I miss the autumn walks and the bluebells in teh woods. I miss the cooler summer and crisp winter days. I miss the family focus at christmas time and people having time to sit with a coffee, not rushing as it is summer and so must do things. I miss the highland games. I miss the fact that the kids don't have their heritage there, I miss the history. I miss going for a walk one day and a castle or something the next. I miss the variety of things to go and do every weekend, different shows or concerts or festivals. Not one or two a month to choose on. I miss the banter. Pubs. Sunday lunch at said pub. I miss the scenery. The ability to drive for a short space of time and be in a totally differnet place from when you started depending on the direction. I miss the ability to travel at a reasonable cost.

I miss home.

And it was only been my home for 6 years, but it took coming back to where I was born to appreciate all that I had gained.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 12:54 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
I want to live in a place that is mellow, where people talk to you and have the same sense of humour and the conversation you began 15 years ago continues as if there has never been a hiatus. Where there is variety when you drive from A to B, when your day begins and you have no idea what the weather will be like, where the grass is GREEEEEEEEEN and the gardens full of bright beautiful flowers that change with the seasons, where you can walk down a street and be confronted with a thousand years of human endeavour without even looking.

I long for long summer nights and cold winter days in front of a fire with a real Christmas feel at Christmas time.

I love my people - close ones and friends and I want to be there to share all those special times with them, the births, the marriages and, sadly, the deaths, to see my cousins and friends and their kids moving, growing and changing with the times.

I appreciate the variety in the shops as well - takes me a good two weeks to get over that gobsmacked awe of the variety there too.

Basically, I want to live where I belong and not where I am an alien with alien views, alien noises and alien attitudes to batter my life every single day.

Easy peasy really!
YES, YES and YES
Old Jan 21st 2010, 1:39 am
Lost in Space

Originally Posted by ble
I miss my friends and family (but we have that here in NZ and back in UK).
I miss the autumn walks and the bluebells in teh woods. I miss the cooler summer and crisp winter days. I miss the family focus at christmas time and people having time to sit with a coffee, not rushing as it is summer and so must do things. I miss the highland games. I miss the fact that the kids don't have their heritage there, I miss the history. I miss going for a walk one day and a castle or something the next. I miss the variety of things to go and do every weekend, different shows or concerts or festivals. Not one or two a month to choose on. I miss the banter. Pubs. Sunday lunch at said pub. I miss the scenery. The ability to drive for a short space of time and be in a totally differnet place from when you started depending on the direction. I miss the ability to travel at a reasonable cost.

I miss home.

And it was only been my home for 6 years, but it took coming back to where I was born to appreciate all that I had gained.
Oh bugger....now I'm really homesick between yours and Quolls posts. Ouch....need to go home.
Is the UK your adopted home then?
Old Jan 21st 2010, 2:11 am
Banned

mono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shame that people have to always try to rubbish the UK on the grounds of some concocted, entirely subjective notion that it is a bad place to live. Who says? How can you speak for everyone like that? There are plenty of departments in which the UK scores in a major way over and above somewhere like Australia - fact.

Shame that someone always has to come along and go ''oooh, but look at all the immigration - how can you want to be there?''

Immigration, its pros and cons, its rights and its wrongs, is a complex topic and over-simplifying it to a bog-standard Daily Mail, BNP perspective does nothing to make the posters on BE that regularly cite it as a negative in the UK look very intelligent. This coupled with the fact that Australia is founded on immigration. Immigration will continue into the future in Australia - in fact, in terms of % increase in the population, whereas the UK population may go up by 10-15% or so in the next quarter of a century, the Australian population could easily rise some 35% or even more. Some government sources claim that there could be 36 million or so in Australia in 25 years time, which will be a big difference to 21 million at the present time or whatever it is.

Australia doesn't have the vast swathes of livable spaces people think it does, either; nor does it have the resources but ''big Australia'' (which is apparently a semi-official government term for the planned population expansion) will happen.

Then there's the bitching about the apparent evils of the EU that the UK bashers love to bring out when they feel like having a pop at the place and sounding clever at the same time. The EU will likely improve things in the UK as many of the benefits (welfare etc) of the UK that attract some immigrants will become standardised to EU-wide policies that will make the UK no more appealing than anywhere else in Europe.

The bottom line though is that this is all irrelevant. There's good and bad in the UK just as there is in Australia.

Implying that the UK has all the bad and Australia has all the good is dumb.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:31 am
ble
Forum Regular

ble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud of

Originally posted by lillybilly101
Oh bugger....now I'm really homesick between yours and Quolls posts. Ouch....need to go home.
Yip - me too. - homesick that is.
Pushing for the move back this year as I am miserable here.

Married a scot, kids are born there and I felt so at home there.
Came here (NZ) as we felt we need to try it - but I am so beginning to regret that decision as it starts to feel harder and harder to go home.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:51 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbarker12345

thanks for sharing. personally, i have found after 15 years away the british appear jaded. the UK is not a large country but the politicians decided to let in a huge amount of immigrants, and the british dont seem to be pleased.
I think Brits have always been a bit Jaded, doesn't bother me in the least, I am too after being away so long
Honey if immigrants bother you, don't move anywhere else, they are there too and you'll be one of them, getting attitude from locals who don't appreciate you taking a job away from one of them.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 6:40 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
The f + c in NZ are way better than the UK, but u are right about the turds. The only thing i miss is a decent pint of bitter
Best F&C i ever had was up in the Bay of Islands.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:58 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lilybilly101
Me too - oh why did I continue reading this I promised my hubby I would stop all of my complaining (I agreed to give it another 3 years here) I am trying to think of this as 'enjoy it now while you have it' but can't... I also remembered more things I am missing too.....

Defo the NHS, my free uni education (curtsy of NHS), Cheap Travel to Europe... what I wouldn't give to be heading off to France for the weekend with my mates for 35 quid snowboarding, or going to Dublin for a quid for a girlie weekend. And I miss how you can walk your dogs anywhere and everywhere - I never once saw a sign saying no dogs allowed in UK (apart from shops) but here they wont let dogs anywhere apart from the dog beach which is tiny and covered in poop!
BTW - I always do and always have picked up my doggie dumpages, so it's not my dogs making the turds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.