Reasons For Returning

Old Jan 28th 2010, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

bizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nice
Default Re: Reasons For Returning

Originally Posted by EnglishTeaDuck
Just because its home. It might have its problems, but more than anything else in the world, I want to go home, and I want to get out of this horrible, horrible country that I was stupid enough to think would be ok because I loved my husband.

I have no chance of going home, though. I would have to leave my husband.
But I have considered, at times, killing myself to get out of here! If the American health system doesn't kill me first.
I understand feeling trapped. I have children who have to finish high school first, but that is only 2 yrs and I have 2 older children who are keen to getting a house set up. I just need to get the money for either a shared ownership, or rent to buy. I would have loved to have won the lotto to get the money, I need, but it will take time. I just keep focused that things will fall into place. If I work on it enough and focus, it will happen. For those of us who are desperately homesick. We just have to be patient and put a goal in mind and strive for it and it will come to fruition.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

thepeacock is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah it's disgusting in the UK. The whole culture is to let your dog run into a park where dozens of kids are playing and let it sh*** all over then simply walk away. I feel like grabbing hold of these w***ers and shoving their noses in it. You can't walk on afield any more without steppnig in tons of the stuff. Hardly anyone picks it up.

3 weeks ago when we had our mini ice age we went sledging in the park....it was covered in dog sh**. Must have counted about 30+ in my site and again one guy watches us sledge as his dog craps in the park....he didn't bat an eyelid and walked off.

I havent seen a decent dog turd since I have been in NZ
Old Jan 28th 2010, 8:41 pm
Banned

Neil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thepeacock
yeah it's disgusting in the UK. The whole culture is to let your dog run into a park where dozens of kids are playing and let it sh*** all over then simply walk away. I feel like grabbing hold of these w***ers and shoving their noses in it. You can't walk on afield any more without steppnig in tons of the stuff. Hardly anyone picks it up.

3 weeks ago when we had our mini ice age we went sledging in the park....it was covered in dog sh**. Must have counted about 30+ in my site and again one guy watches us sledge as his dog craps in the park....he didn't bat an eyelid and walked off.
And you do not think it goes on in Australia
Old Jan 28th 2010, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

bizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nice

Originally Posted by Neil52
And you do not think it goes on in Australia
It goes on everywhere. I was at a dog park where they provided bags near the bins and you will see poop right by where you can get the bags. People are just lazy and it is not unique to the UK.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 9:15 pm
Banned

Neil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bizzymum
It goes on everywhere. I was at a dog park where they provided bags near the bins and you will see poop right by where you can get the bags. People are just lazy and it is not unique to the UK.
People think only bad things only go on in the Country they live in....it is quite funny and quite sad at the same time.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

killerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by knconsulting
Family, The countryside, gastropubs, fish and chips, great curries, trains with bars, decent chocolate, farmer’s markets, country fairs, Brighton Pier, the BBC in its entirety, the NHS, politicians that are not actually retarded, sense of humour, black cabs driven by people with The Knowledge, The Times, the architecture, having sunlight at 10pm in the summer, Boots, Markies, Waitrose, London theatre, the Edinburgh festival, Guy Fawkes Night, Hogmanay, St. George’s Day, CAMRA, more than four flavours of crisps, The National Trust, the Tube, The Cotswolds, The Dales, castles, The Queen’s speech, Christmas crackers & hats, Sunday Roasts, cricket, Morris Men, canal boats, flowers and green grass in the winter, seaside piers, roundabouts, the Eurostar, Poppy Day, British music, pints after work, and everything else except chavs and council estates.
Are you my twin brother? I can only add Last Night of the Proms to this amazing list, which is making me homesick as I write. We will be returning!
Old Jan 28th 2010, 10:09 pm
Banned

mono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neil52
People think only bad things only go on in the Country they live in....it is quite funny and quite sad at the same time.
People mainly tend to do this about the UK, though. There is always the assumption that the UK ''has gone to the dogs'' (or some other cliche) and dog turds in parks and kids swearing doesn't happen anywhere else. On the other hand, there tends to be the equally silly assumption/generalisation made that Australia has few problems and is near perfect.

Neither is correct.

Both countries have problems. Different problems in some respects, the same problems in others.

The thing I get really tired of is the people who think Australia is a kind of paradise where people are automatically nicer and better behaved. I've seen nothing to make me think that's true.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by killerhales
Are you my twin brother? I can only add Last Night of the Proms to this amazing list, which is making me homesick as I write. We will be returning!
Same for me....but would like to add..The Christmas Day "quick" drink before your Christmas Dinner in your local with family and friends there all wearing their new presents..ie..my wearing the "jumpers".....of types....jewellery flashing everywhere....purfume and the little kiddies playing with their new toys....well that's what it is like at our local...
Old Jan 28th 2010, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure whats worse...having dog bins and bags and people not using them or just not having any of those things and still letting your pet do whatever...the parks we have lived oposite here in Aus are the same...dog s--- everywhere...and the other thing that gets me here is that at the traffic lights...by the side of the road, the many empty beer bottles just thrown out of the window....again don't know whats worse again....the bottles thrown outside or the beer drinking while driving...and we live in a "nice" area.....does not matter where you live in the world...you are not going to get away from "things" like that.....
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:37 am
Banned

Originally Posted by brits1
Not sure whats worse...having dog bins and bags and people not using them or just not having any of those things and still letting your pet do whatever...the parks we have lived oposite here in Aus are the same...dog s--- everywhere...and the other thing that gets me here is that at the traffic lights...by the side of the road, the many empty beer bottles just thrown out of the window....again don't know whats worse again....the bottles thrown outside or the beer drinking while driving...and we live in a "nice" area.....does not matter where you live in the world...you are not going to get away from "things" like that.....
See, this could have been a post from someone in the UK......People....this and al the other problems with crime anti-social-behaviour happens everywhere.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:41 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

You live in a really shitty area glad i don't live near you. My area is wonderful, not a turd in sight
Old Jan 29th 2010, 9:17 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
You live in a really shitty area glad i don't live near you. My area is wonderful, not a turd in sight
It continues to amaze me that people would rather up sticks and move to the other side of the planet rather than a few miles away to a better area in the UK...
Old Jan 29th 2010, 9:23 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Elvira
It continues to amaze me that people would rather up sticks and move to the other side of the planet rather than a few miles away to a better area in the UK...
Also if the weather was crap in OZ would they still move there!! doubt it.

Plenty of turds where i lived in OZ..along with loads of other disgusting stuff, but hey...it's SUNNY so who cares
Old Jan 29th 2010, 9:26 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Also if the weather was crap in OZ would they still move there!! doubt it.

Plenty of turds where i lived in OZ..along with loads of other disgusting stuff, but hey...it's SUNNY so who cares
It's amazing how soon the nice weather looses its attraction. I live in Northern California - probably one of the best climates on the planet - but for me it's just not part of the Quality of Life equation anymore.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 9:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Elvira
It's amazing how soon the nice weather looses its attraction. I live in Northern California - probably one of the best climates on the planet - but for me it's just not part of the Quality of Life equation anymore.
Is that where Poppygirl lives too?

I know what you mean about the weather aspects of life. I enjoyed the climate in OZ for 12 months or so, but after that it became a pain and i realised weather was not important in my life...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.