Reasons For Returning

Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reasons For Returning

Originally Posted by bobbarker12345
it seems like you suffer from 'the grass is greener' syndrome. i had it before i moved back to the UK, but reality will cut through that once you get back here. people who have lived away from the UK for a long time come back to find its just not the same place, and not in a good way.
Rubbish!

You make the assumption that I have no idea what is going on in UK - I go home regularly and have my eyes wide open without any rose tints, I see the differences and I know where things have changed and where they have not. I know where I belong warts and all but what I cherish is not here in Australia. Not all of us are living in the past you know. My next visit in 3 weeks and I will enjoy every moment because I belong there. And as for the grass - Canberra is definitely not the place for grass - either green or otherwise, we are in drought and just have crappy rough fescue at the best of times, no nice lawns for us! So the grass is, unequivocally, greener in UK!

Last edited by quoll; Jan 20th 2010 at 10:35 am.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

bobbarker12345 is a jewel in the roughbobbarker12345 is a jewel in the roughbobbarker12345 is a jewel in the roughbobbarker12345 is a jewel in the roughbobbarker12345 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
For you maybe. For many many others, the UK is home and regardless of superficial changes, it will always be home and anywhere else is just that - anywhere else. Every country has problems. People who love a country - whether it's home or not takes no notice of those problems. People who don't love a country find the problems insurmountable.
so to summarize - home is home, anywhere else is anywhere else, people who love a country dont notice problems, people who dont find them insurmountable?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Utter rubbish

I have been away for 10yrs and came back in April. I love it more than ever.
thanks for sharing. personally, i have found after 15 years away the british appear jaded. the UK is not a large country but the politicians decided to let in a huge amount of immigrants, and the british dont seem to be pleased.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:37 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Rubbish!

You make the assumption that I have no idea what is going on in UK - I go home regularly and have my eyes wide open without any rose tints, I see the differences and I know where things have changed and where they have not. I know where I belong warts and all but what I cherish is not here in Australia. Not all of us are living in the past you know. My next visit in 3 weeks and I will enjoy every moment because I belong there. And as for the grass - Canberra is definitely not the place for grass - either green or otherwise, we are in drought and just have crappy rough fescue at the best of times, no nice lawns for us! So the grass is, unequivocally, greener in UK!
went to the woods yesterday Q. Saw a beautiful clump of snowdrops
And.... unbelieveably one solitary daffodil!! Bit early for them!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

bobbarker12345 is a jewel in the roughbobbarker12345 is a jewel in the roughbobbarker12345 is a jewel in the roughbobbarker12345 is a jewel in the roughbobbarker12345 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by quoll
Rubbish!

well if you really love the UK that much, i recommend you move back permanently. it sounds like you would be happier there.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:39 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

so to summarize - home is home, anywhere else is anywhere else, people who love a country dont notice problems, people who dont find them insurmountable?

thanks for sharing. personally, i have found after 15 years away the british appear jaded. the UK is not a large country but the politicians decided to let in a huge amount of immigrants, and the british dont seem to be pleased.
Soo..you are an ex immigrant yourself complaining about immigrants?
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:49 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

well if you really love the UK that much, i recommend you move back permanently. it sounds like you would be happier there.
There you are

Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Why do so many people assume its that easy to move back home?
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:51 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Hey, i'm bored... can i say..
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:54 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Hey, i'm bored... can i say..
You are free to feed the troll rotten cabbage and throw turds at it.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Soo..you are an ex immigrant yourself complaining about immigrants?
im afraid so. but when i lived in the USA, being british was not frowned upon by americans. in the UK, people generally feel negatively about most immigrants. i can understand this because the country is very densely populated.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 11:08 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

You are a complete tit.

You do not know Quoll at all, and you you are judging, pontificating, making impossible suggestions and generally missing the mark completely. Read some of the threads on here before jumping in with both feet.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 11:13 am
I don't give a damn

im afraid so. but when i lived in the USA, being british was not frowned upon by americans. in the UK, people generally feel negatively about most immigrants. i can understand this because the country is very densely populated.
Why do you have the arrogance to say that?
I dont feel negatively about immigrants... probably because i'm married to one!!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 11:14 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by dunroving
You are a complete tit.

You do not know Quoll at all, and you you are judging, pontificating, making impossible suggestions and generally missing the mark completely. Read some of the threads on here before jumping in with both feet.

Thats my first smile of the day D.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 11:19 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

A lot on here would love to do so but sometimes it isn't that easy. Finances, health, partners and so on can make it very hard.
You really need to be more thoughtful for others circumstances.
I can't agree with your views on the UK either. There has been a recession that has hit the country hard, but considering this I found spirits very high and most people to be quite happy. Every country has a section that slag off immigrants. Here in Australia it happens often in spite of the fact they are needed and actively encouraged.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 11:20 am
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

I have to say none of my friends and family sit around slagging off the immigrants but then again they are all educated, happy, working people that don't blame immigration for their failings. I'm also the proud daughter of a successful immigrant who was better educated than most when she arrived in Britain from Africa in the 60s and was welcomed warmly by the majority of Brits both professionally and socially. She loves it and has never entertained moving from the UK for a minute!

A recession will always bring out the racists. 'They come over 'ere take our jobs and our women....'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.