The Plan

Old Jan 28th 2019, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

pendledreams5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Plan

Originally Posted by Sammy2018

It can be a tough decision but eventually you will make a decision!!
Yes! Either way a decision will be made!
Old Jan 30th 2019, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pendledreams5

hi Still game,
Just wanted to thank you for posting the original thread, it’s really helped to know that there are other people grappling with the decision to move. My husband is British, I’m American and our kids are dual citizens. Hubby has lived here for almost 20 years. We have established roots in the US, but both of us have been feeling the longing to move to UK very strongly for about 2 years now. And we’ve gotten more serious about it in the last 6 months. As with you, we aren’t taking this decision lightly and are fully aware of the pros and cons and the enormity of such a move; financially, emotionally etc. But the feeling hasn’t gone away. We just had a conversation with family over in the UK today about moving back and it didn’t go so well. Their good intention is to get us to think about all the ramifications, mostly cost of things, but I feel like it set me back and was very negative. Surely, it would be so easy to just stay in the US, where things are stable. We don’t have jobs lined up as of yet in the UK. I know we’re taking a massive risk moving, but we both aren’t happy here in the US, and feel we are better suited to a life in the UK. So many other factors are going into a potential move, that are too long to list here. The back and forth of making a final decision is SO hard. Thanks for reading
Thanks pendledreams5 you're welcome. It felt quite cathartic to write it all down and at the very least it's probably an egotistical timeline for me to look back on and add to along the way.

Good for you re writing pros and cons and considering all angles. It's a big decision after all. Regarding your family - sorry but it's up to you and your immediate family. Sure if there was one gravely ill parent/close relative left I can understand but otherwise, nope. That may sound harsh and I don't mean it to, it is lovely after all to have family and friends who want you to be nearby and be part of their lives. But the decision is yours. Do your research, yes it will be expensive, yes there will be hard days, yes you will challenge your choices over and over again but if it's right, it will be right in the long run. You're able to move freely between the two places - how lucky is that - if you really turn over every stone you can and the decision is still to move then why not.
Old Jan 30th 2019, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

An update for me. I have a job interview! Don't want to get too excited however I have literally applied for hundreds and hundreds of jobs. Jobs I can do (and can provide proof of experience) but never getting a response. Day after day for a year now, writing cover letters, tweaking the CV, responding to every type of selection criteria that is out there. Sure this job isn't something I would say is a first, second or third choice but get a job, I must, so I'm delighted to receive an invite to interview and fingers cross I'll suit them and they'll suit me. :-)
Old Feb 1st 2019, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Still Game
An update for me. I have a job interview! Don't want to get too excited however I have literally applied for hundreds and hundreds of jobs. Jobs I can do (and can provide proof of experience) but never getting a response. Day after day for a year now, writing cover letters, tweaking the CV, responding to every type of selection criteria that is out there. Sure this job isn't something I would say is a first, second or third choice but get a job, I must, so I'm delighted to receive an invite to interview and fingers cross I'll suit them and they'll suit me. :-)
Yeah things happen for a reason... best of luck I am sure you will knock the interview out of the park !!!