British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/over-40s-moving-back-catching-up-701116/)

windsong Apr 19th 2011 10:10 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by Mallory (Post 9314946)
I wasted some chocolate today then! :ohmy: I bought three Cadbury eggs at Wal-Mart, and ate all of them! :blink: (They were meant to be for my grandson). :eek:

OMG!! I love those things. They are super sweet but there's just something about the caramel ones that I adore!

sallysimmons Apr 19th 2011 10:32 pm

Re: Off-topic posts from over 50's/60's thread

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9315031)
The forum won't die because the BE forumis huge, it would take an awful lot more than a bit of mud-slinging in one thread to kill this forum, trust me :)

Yes, I meant to say the thread rather than the forum. Sorry.

Derrygal Apr 19th 2011 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9315031)
The forum won't die because the BE forumis huge, it would take an awful lot more than a bit of mud-slinging in one thread to kill this forum, trust me :)

If you aren't "getting on" with another poster, ignore them. Don't reply to their posts. Use other threads - BE is big enough that we can all manage to avoid posters that we don't get on with. Mods don't get on with everyone and I think most of us have posters that we avoid. Leaving the forum is rather like cutting off your nose to spite your face, as you are the one who will lose out in the end.........
Likewise, if you know a topic winds up the posters on a particular thread - please stop posting about it! It causes work for the Mods and annoys your fellow posters.
Life's too short for stuff like this, lets please draw a line under the squabbling........:)

Exactly!! Unfortunately some people with hurt feelings act like kids in kindergarten and have to go and complain to the teacher!! It's ridiculous.

Mummy in the foothills Apr 19th 2011 11:54 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by dontheturner (Post 9314463)
Well, Mum, it's all according who is in charge of it. love Don

:lol:

maybe it should have said,
Chocolate... Mmmmmmm except it gives me migraines, but it's worth it once in a while.

cheers Apr 20th 2011 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Derrygal (Post 9315181)
Exactly!! Unfortunately some people with hurt feelings act like kids in kindergarten and have to go and complain to the teacher!! It's ridiculous.

Is this classified as bullying?;)

windsong Apr 20th 2011 12:36 am

Okay, let this expat family get back to the subject of talking about their native land :)

Mummy in the foothills Apr 20th 2011 12:49 am

Originally Posted by trottytrue (Post 9314942)
Thats Mummy and BTW....I am afraid I have not much faith in it selling but you cannot just let it go by. You have to clean and get it in order as if this is the one.:) At least its clean and I wont need to do much for another couple of weeks. I had to clean all the windows they had got so dirty over the winter. I was going to take the screens out and wash them one by one but I bought this sponge that claimed to clean them without removing. It worked great:)
Saved me alot of work.

I need one of those sponges, I was looking at my kitchen windows yesterday in the sunshine and they are really bad, but I hate pulling off the screens and washing too. The screens are full of dust and dirt too and I'm sneezing up a storm.

windsong Apr 20th 2011 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 9315257)
:lol:

maybe it should have said,
Chocolate... Mmmmmmm except it gives me migraines, but it's worth it once in a while.

OMG, now I have a craving for chocolate and I just might have to go and get some - hmmmmm . . . .

anishq Apr 20th 2011 1:07 am

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9314600)
So who can bring Easterner, DDL and Islandwoman back on here?

I want to know about the wee dog and the commute and the car buying and the family in Canada.

DDL I want to know about the new job and house search.

Islandwoman I want to know how you are doing in the Blue House and Salisbury and the countryside.

Did I leave anyone out?

Cheers

Incidently I thought there was a new thread started to investigate or get input looking for a house that would be a halfway house for returning Expats. I never saw it but I thought it was suggested

Wasn't it Don who brought up the question of halfway housing? He was returning to UK from Thailand.

Sue Apr 20th 2011 1:21 am

Hey, you can always contribute to my recent thread, I had a really bad craving today ..... :D:D

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=713910

chriswinter Apr 20th 2011 3:44 am

Originally Posted by windsong (Post 9315338)
Okay, let this expat family get back to the subject of talking about their native land :)

I thought this was the "off-topic" posts thread??? :confused::unsure:

trottytrue Apr 20th 2011 3:50 am

Mummy.....I ripped the cover off the sponge and threw it away. When I go to the shops this weekend I will look for the name of it. Will save you alot of work.

windsong Apr 20th 2011 5:52 am

Originally Posted by chriswinter (Post 9315604)
I thought this was the "off-topic" posts thread??? :confused::unsure:

Yes, you are right, Chris - wrong thread :(

Easterndawn Apr 20th 2011 6:37 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by windsong (Post 9314029)
Easterndawn - Why do you have to read things into what I wrote? You are making this up as you go along . . .

I did not mention AT ALL that the UK was perfect.

Also, my personal feelings about the USA have nothing whatsoever to do with my comment about the industrial and financial issues. I have no idea what could possibly have you made you think that they were related. Totally different topics.

This is what some of the newspapers do . . . they put their own spin on things and the story that comes out is totally different than the facts that went into the story in the first place.

Windsong, I do not have to twist or read things into what you have wrote it is there in black and white. Think what you will, my only probllem is when people put down other countries where people were either born or have family who are citizens of that country, which you have done constantly through out many of your posts.

I have never complained to any of the moderators, I say what I have to in the thread. I have no intention of making this a slaggin match, I just think that putting down someones country of birth is not the way to go on the original thread as it does not do anyone any good or help them make the move back to the UK.

bandrui Apr 20th 2011 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 9315367)
I need one of those sponges, I was looking at my kitchen windows yesterday in the sunshine and they are really bad, but I hate pulling off the screens and washing too. The screens are full of dust and dirt too and I'm sneezing up a storm.

Pressure-washer. That's what you need. They work great for all sorts of things.