British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/over-40s-moving-back-catching-up-701116/)

bandrui Jul 12th 2014 12:03 am

Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by feelbritish (Post 11333848)
Last night he came home from work and told me the HR department were not sure he could get 3 months off but are getting together to discuss it. Then today he said he thought about it and would have to be unpaid and I told him with the extra travelling from here and no wages coming in I have my doubts with his plan. I will let him work it out.

On another note and this time positive, just as I was thinking I am going to stay here longer than I want to or have to, I got an email from someone not related to my Realtor, who saw an ad for my B&B for sale on a website that I did not even put it on, and who is interested in it!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: They have made an appointment for Monday night to look over the place and to chat, both her and her husband. They sound the right type of people to run it. Her hubby works away on a 2 week shift and she works from home. I must say I said my prayers after my disappointment and basically thought that if we are to stay then so be it but if we should move back then God (Universe, St Joseph who is in my ground or whomever else is out there) had better pull out the stops!!!

Now all I need are very positive vibes!

Thank you all for replying to my desperate call. I feel so much better today and positive that whatever happens it is to be!

Excellent! Hope this pans into something. If not, then someone else will come along.
I think there's a lot to be said for the fact that when we let go, sometiimes the situation just resolves itself. You've done everything you can; now let's hope that your prayers are answered! :nod:

spouse of scouse Jul 12th 2014 1:32 pm

Just read about the possible hiccup in your plans FB. I do hope you get the price you want for your home - it's a huge thing for those of us who are using the proceeds to largely fund our retirement.

I agree with what others have said about your agent - they really need to be enthusiastic about your house and not panic when one or two prospective buyers make negative comments - most do that in the hope of getting a bit knocked off the price!

I love your positive attitude and will keep my fingers crossed for you :fingerscrossed:

islandwoman120 Jul 12th 2014 9:56 pm

Glimpses:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/island...7645695255933/

greenlane Jul 13th 2014 2:57 pm

Windsong: I expect everything is all set for your big day tomorrow, when you fly home, and that you have a very quick and easy flight across to the UK, and that everything goes according to plan. Looking forward to hearing how it all goes. What an adventure!

cheers Jul 14th 2014 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by greenlane (Post 11335158)
Windsong: I expect everything is all set for your big day tomorrow, when you fly home, and that you have a very quick and easy flight across to the UK, and that everything goes according to plan. Looking forward to hearing how it all goes. What an adventure!

Ditto

Jerseygirl Jul 14th 2014 6:25 pm

Windsong posted a few weeks ago that she would not be posting after she returned...but I suspect she won't be able to resist us. :D

cheers Jul 15th 2014 5:33 pm

Bandrui leaves tomorrow I think for England.
Windsong is reunited with her cats today in Heathrow.
I don't know where Fullwood is but I think he is still in the UK.
Dunroving is back in Scotland I think and I'm stuck in Las Vegas for about 10 days minding my daughters Pug dog while she is up in Lake Tahoe for family reunions.

dunroving Jul 15th 2014 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 11337239)
Bandrui leaves tomorrow I think for England.
Windsong is reunited with her cats today in Heathrow.
I don't know where Fullwood is but I think he is still in the UK.
Dunroving is back in Scotland I think
and I'm stuck in Las Vegas for about 10 days minding my daughters Pug dog while she is up in Lake Tahoe for family reunions.

I am actually in Georgia ATM, and was in Tennessee last week. Busy as all get out but enjoying myself.

And Fulwood is a she. ;)

between two worlds Jul 15th 2014 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by dunroving (Post 11337495)
I am actually in Georgia ATM, and was in Tennessee last week. Busy as all get out but enjoying myself.

And Fulwood is a she. ;)

Crikey dunrovin...If I am sweating like mad in muggy North-east Pennsylvania where I am right now, I can't imagine what it's like down there where you'all are.....

Glad you are having fun though.

dunroving Jul 15th 2014 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by between two worlds (Post 11337513)
Crikey dunrovin...If I am sweating like mad in muggy North-east Pennsylvania where I am right now, I can't imagine what it's like down there where you'all are.....

Glad you are having fun though.

I spent all day Saturday helping friends to fix an electric fence on a horse farm. "Feel factor" of over 100 degrees F and no shade. That ice-cold diet Coke and Mountain Dew mix tasted like champagne at the end of the day.

Perth Jul 15th 2014 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by dunroving (Post 11337495)
And Fulwood is a she. ;)

And windsong has dogs :lol:

between two worlds Jul 15th 2014 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by dunroving (Post 11337518)
I spent all day Saturday helping friends to fix an electric fence on a horse farm. "Feel factor" of over 100 degrees F and no shade. That ice-cold diet Coke and Mountain Dew mix tasted like champagne at the end of the day.

Golly. If that's your idea of fun, more power to you!
I'd rather have less sweat, and real champagne!!!!

windsong Jul 20th 2014 5:29 am

Well, I am still in the USA! In the last few days before intended travel I made the decision to stay here until September which was my original plan. Two more months is not such a long time to wait - and this time I will have my renewed passport.

windsong Jul 20th 2014 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 11336202)
Windsong posted a few weeks ago that she would not be posting after she returned...but I suspect she won't be able to resist us. :D

Don't be too sure! ;)

spouse of scouse Jul 20th 2014 5:35 am

Feel British, how did the Monday night viewing go, with the couple who'd emailed you? I hope they fell in love with the place and made you an offer you couldn't refuse!