Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its a stunning city, I love it!! Visiting my best mate here for a few days, then off to bristol to see the family for a couple of weeks, then another burst of London on the way back to Australia.
Off to Seaford for the day today - visiting some long-neglected friends, just fab being on the train through the Suessx countryside. And I'm accompanied by a couple of cans of Weston's cider Went into M&S this morning (don't get jealous peeps ) and they are selling Weston's cider as their own brand stuff, inventively named just "cider"but it does say on the cans where its from!
Good to hear you arrived OK! It was fun watching you fly over the Channel on Saturday - you did scream when you went over Burnham on Crouch, didnt you?

Say hello to Bristol for me - we lived in the shadow of the BMH hospital chimney for a few years. Bristol has scrubbed up well of late I think even if Raj Doot has closed down at the top of Park St!
Old Apr 11th 2011, 1:10 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

For anybody who knows Liverpool, be prepared for BIG CHANGES!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/barbwindermere/
Old Apr 11th 2011, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

I know many of you will like my find of the day.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-32471408.html
Old Apr 11th 2011, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Something strange with the forum.
I'm getting a combined forum that includes Chit Chat and Part II.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 3:00 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Something strange with the forum.
I'm getting a combined forum that includes Chit Chat and Part II.
That's because the TITLE says Part II of the relevant posts that have been moved........
Old Apr 11th 2011, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

chriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of light

Great find Cheers! Thank you! 825 per mo? Am I reading that right?
As I contemplate a future pulling up stakes..I am always looking at rentals in England. Buying a home there is simply not possible for me. Nor would I even want the responsibility at my age now. I wouldn't be driving there either..so public transport would have to be close by, as well as reasonable walking distances to the shops.
Still in all Cheers...I know I could be quite happy living in this 'rental'!
Old Apr 11th 2011, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

I hope all here stateside can watch the new first episode of Upstairs, Downstairs series on Masterpiece Theater tonight. Keep a watch for it.
You can see how "Rosie" has aged since the original series. She is the only one in the cast from the old series and a lot of the original cast have past away.
I watched that Cheers...wasn't it great. I get KCTS the public broadcasting channel from Seattle. A lot of what I watch (the British shows) is on that channel or KNOW a local public broadcasting channel. And no commercials to boot!
Old Apr 11th 2011, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

This is beautiful, especially for £825 a month! It looks as if it is way out in the country so I think you would need a car there.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Luverly!
Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:22 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I love that one.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bandrui
KNOW a local public broadcasting channel. And no commercials to boot!
Yea, but that plays havoc with the bladder.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:38 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, but that plays havoc with the bladder.
It does, I have a heck of a time watching BBC when I'm back in UK I keep waiting for a break to make a cuppa or go pee, it makes my Mum laugh so thats good.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fife in Scotland was voted the best area in the UK for social care, followed by Lanarkshire and Cumbria.

• Fife was also voted as the best for access to places of worship.

• The older you are, the more likely to be happy in where you live: 75 and overs report 50% higher levels of satisfaction than 55- to 59-year-olds.

So there
Old Apr 11th 2011, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

I would like to ask Susan, our moderator, to change the title of this thread.

Any suggestions???

"Over 50's to Over 70's and going strong".

Just a suggestion
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Can we lower age to 49.. Im not 50 yet but not far off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.