British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/over-40s-moving-back-catching-up-701116/)

windsong Mar 30th 2011 2:32 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9274257)

Gosh, Cheers, that's one of the best real-time cams I've ever seen. Very little time lag there.

cheers Mar 30th 2011 3:32 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by windsong (Post 9274291)
Gosh, Cheers, that's one of the best real-time cams I've ever seen. Very little time lag there.

My all time favorite is the Abbey Road, London live webcam. It was raining there when I looked a few hours ago.

http://www.abbeyroad.com/visit/

Mummy in the foothills Mar 30th 2011 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9274257)

It looks like a really nice day today :thumbsup: People wandering on the beach and enjoying the weather.

chriswinter Mar 30th 2011 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9274396)
My all time favorite is the Abbey Road, London live webcam. It was raining there when I looked a few hours ago.

http://www.abbeyroad.com/visit/

Cheers....Thanks bunches for the links to these Live Cams!!!:thumbsup:

I had to chuckle right now, watching 4 young people, who evidently couldn't make up their minds on which way they wanted to go. Crossed back and forth twice. If they only knew someone in Chicago was watching them crossing back and forth across the street. These particular live cams, are really good...moving in real time. Thanks again, Cheers!

sallysimmons Mar 30th 2011 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by chriswinter (Post 9274462)
Cheers....Thanks bunches for the links to these Live Cams!!!:thumbsup:

I had to chuckle right now, watching 4 young people, who evidently couldn't make up their minds on which way they wanted to go. Crossed back and forth twice.

They may have been Beatles fans. People come from all over the world to cross that zebra crossing. Weird but true.

Edited to add: Just after I posted that I went to look and saw a guy take off his shows, run onto the zebra crossing and then pose for a picture walking barefoot. He was being Paul Mccartney!

aviva Mar 30th 2011 7:37 pm

This is a couple of doors down from where I'll be house-sitting, always makes me drool when I walk the dogs:

http://chateauemanuel.com/unique-features/views

:thumbsup:

bandrui Mar 31st 2011 12:03 am

Originally Posted by sallysimmons (Post 9273978)
I always liked the idea of keeping chickens, but I've now realized that I couldn't take it when they got ill! If I saw one of them being carried away by a fox, I think I'd be traumatized. It's funny because I grew up in a farming village and my early boyfriends were all farmers. I used to think I wanted to be one too but I couldn't have been less suited! I think hormones were curdling my brain :lol:

Have fun aviva!

Here the ravens get them if they are out and about so you have to time their walkabouts after the ravens have had their breakfast :lol:. Their pens have to be up off the ground too because the racoons will bury under the fence. I was really mad about this son of a lady who I used to garden for. They have farmed here for the last 50 years and after the lady died, the son let the ravens get all the chickens :frown:.

windsong Mar 31st 2011 12:31 am

Originally Posted by aviva (Post 9275088)
This is a couple of doors down from where I'll be house-sitting, always makes me drool when I walk the dogs:

That is absolutely beautiful! Having said that, I would not want to live there. Stately homes and mansions have never appealed to me as crazy as that might sound.

I just want a comfortable home, nature, and my pets. To me, that's paradise.

windsong Mar 31st 2011 12:32 am

Originally Posted by bandrui (Post 9275632)
Here the ravens get them if they are out and about so you have to time their walkabouts after the ravens have had their breakfast :lol:. Their pens have to be up off the ground too because the racoons will bury under the fence. I was really mad about this son of a lady who I used to garden for. They have farmed here for the last 50 years and after the lady died, the son let the ravens get all the chickens :frown:.

That son should have been hung, drawn and quartered!!

aviva Mar 31st 2011 12:41 am

Originally Posted by windsong (Post 9275655)
That son should have been hung, drawn and quartered!!

Unconscious sort! Fortunately these ladies are well protected and valued for their contribution. The owners had a duck who was in love with one of the chickens, but drove it crazy, so they re-homed it to a duck sanctuary. So sweet! I miss the quack quack tho.

windsong Mar 31st 2011 12:49 am

Originally Posted by aviva (Post 9275661)
Unconscious sort! Fortunately these ladies are well protected and valued for their contribution. The owners had a duck who was in love with one of the chickens, but drove it crazy, so they re-homed it to a duck sanctuary. So sweet! I miss the quack quack tho.

That is such a cute story!!

I love the ducks and chickens, too.

One of the things that really makes me smile when watching the British property shows on the iplayers (such as Escape to the Country) is that many people have chickens and even other animals outside. I love it!

bandrui Mar 31st 2011 1:54 am

Originally Posted by aviva (Post 9275088)

No kidding ;) !

bandrui Mar 31st 2011 1:57 am

Originally Posted by aviva (Post 9275661)

That poor duck is probably love-sick :lol:

bandrui Mar 31st 2011 2:01 am

Originally Posted by windsong (Post 9275666)
That is such a cute story!!

I love the ducks and chickens, too.

One of the things that really makes me smile when watching the British property shows on the iplayers (such as Escape to the Country) is that many people have chickens and even other animals outside. I love it!

They are passing new bylaws in Vancouver so that people can have chickens in their yard. They already can in Victoria. A return to the old ways. :)

cheers Mar 31st 2011 2:33 am

Originally Posted by bandrui (Post 9275742)
They are passing new bylaws in Vancouver so that people can have chickens in their yard. They already can in Victoria. A return to the old ways. :)

Eggs are down to $.99 a dozen here. No comment of how the chickens are kept.
Linda check your email please.