British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/over-40s-moving-back-catching-up-701116/)

Mummy in the foothills Mar 28th 2011 11:27 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by aviva (Post 9270644)
Someone complained and got my posts on 50/60 removed:D

:lol:

cheers Mar 29th 2011 12:05 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

I will be thinking and praying for your family and especially your DH.

Cheers

Derrygal Mar 29th 2011 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 9270552)
Apparently so.
I guess we are the poor relations, we can dither over here and talk about things that are rubbish to our hearts contents.
Heres my rubbish for the day. We got only a partial refund from the IRS :eek: They want more "information" from me and are sending me a letter. I haven't even told Dh, he's really quite sick right now, we have no idea whats wrong with him. Me being a nurse unemployed and living in the boonies(a little knowledge is a dangerous thing) thinks that it could be one of a few things.
Thyroid
Mono
Lyme disease.
I'm probably as far off from right as I could be, we see the doc tomorrow.
If he doesn't get better and get working he will loose his job, our sole income and health ins for the family. We have about 6 month of living expenses so long as there are no medical bills. I'm in panic mode. So fingers crossed for me please that Dh has something that can be settled quickly. He's so weak and lethargic, he's getting depressed, he's usually hyperactive always has been, and he's lost 30lb in the last 6month while trying not too.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband - will be thinking about both of you tomorrow when you see the doctor. It could be the thyroid, if that's the case it can be easily controlled by meds (of course you know this already being a nurse). Anyway - will be thinking about you guys and fingers crossed it's nothing serious. :fingerscrossed:

windsong Mar 29th 2011 1:45 am

Someone complained and got my posts on 50/60 removed:D Too much close to home:lol:

Sorry to hear that, Aviva. I can only guess which posts were removed and it's just a shame they didn't look at the root cause of it all.

bandrui Mar 29th 2011 2:06 am

Originally Posted by aviva (Post 9270430)
This is the first post:

"So here it is - go for it, if you dare!
This is supposedly for the people who got banished from:
OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK
to:
US Healthcare discussion moved from Over 50's & 60's thread
but we wanted to talk about other rubbish too.

Saaaaaaave me from this time wasting multi-thread craziness and come here to talk about absolutely anything."

Have at it! Hope I didn't sound like a complete crazy over on 50/60. No apologies, I meant it.

You can really talk about anything here.....Elvis has left the building and there are no cameras or microphones:thumbsup:

You are my kinda peeps :rofl: I hate having to watch what I say :sneaky:

bandrui Mar 29th 2011 2:15 am

Apparently so.
I guess we are the poor relations, we can dither over here and talk about things that are rubbish to our hearts contents.
Heres my rubbish for the day. We got only a partial refund from the IRS :eek: They want more "information" from me and are sending me a letter. I haven't even told Dh, he's really quite sick right now, we have no idea whats wrong with him. Me being a nurse unemployed and living in the boonies(a little knowledge is a dangerous thing) thinks that it could be one of a few things.
Thyroid
Mono
Lyme disease.
If he doesn't get better and get working he will loose his job, our sole income and health ins for the family. We have about 6 month of living expenses so long as there are no medical bills. I'm in panic mode. So fingers crossed for me please that Dh has something that can be settled quickly. He's so weak and lethargic, he's getting depressed, he's usually hyperactive always has been, and he's lost 30lb in the last 6month while trying not too.

Lots of us sending love and light to DH... and to you too on those darn taxes!

bandrui Mar 29th 2011 2:19 am

Someone complained and got my posts on 50/60 removed:D Too much close to home:lol:

That's what you get for telling the truth :lol:

trottytrue Mar 29th 2011 4:51 am

Mummy in the foothills.... So sorry to hear about your husband. I hope all goes well. Lyme desease is a big problem here in NH. My daughter was bitten by an infected tick many years ago but I noticed the bullseye mark on her shoulder and took her to the doctors. She was on penicillin for quite a while. She also had mono which does have the same symtons as your husband has. She could not get out of bed. Always tired. She was off school for weeks.

Pollyana Mar 29th 2011 7:07 am

Did you not read Sue's post regarding the ones that are missing from that thread?

Beedubya Mar 29th 2011 8:23 am

Apparently so.
Thyroid
Mono
Lyme disease.

Mummy, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband, hoping for good news for you from the doctor. :fingerscrossed:

cheers Mar 29th 2011 3:07 pm

Barbara,
Any news?
Job. Day trips, Housing, Job seekers allowance.Nice Villages, Food?Weather
Cheers

chriswinter Mar 29th 2011 5:29 pm

Mummy...I posted here to you at about 4:30am, but is not showing. Just wanted you to know that I am sorry to hear about your DH and am so hoping that it is nothing terribly serious and that he will be on the mend soon. :fingerscrossed:

Beedubya Mar 29th 2011 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9271904)
Barbara,
Any news?
Job. Day trips, Housing, Job seekers allowance.Nice Villages, Food?Weather
Cheers

Yes Cheers, have signed on with a few agencies and my CV has been put forward for a number of jobs, so it's just a waiting game now. :unsure:

Went to Delamere last Sunday, Buxton on Wednesday and West Kirby on Friday, all very very lovely places, howzat?

Delamere I posted on t' other thread last week.

Pics of Buxton and West Kirby.

Food? Mmmm going to Slimming World to be honest so no tasty treats for me........for now......... :o

Honestly the weather has been lovely here, of course as you know I am not in a lovely wee village like some, instead am in midst of t' grim Northern town.:sneaky:

sallysimmons Mar 29th 2011 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 9272447)
Pics of Buxton and West Kirby.

Where?? Dying to see them!

instead am in midst of t' grim Northern town
Love the new accent! Do you sound like Peter Kay now?

Beedubya Mar 29th 2011 6:49 pm

Can't seem to post any pics. :confused:

Might put them on Flickr.......