British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/over-40s-moving-back-catching-up-701116/)

Mummy in the foothills Mar 31st 2011 5:17 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9275769)
Eggs are down to $.99 a dozen here. No comment of how the chickens are kept.
Linda check your email please.

Wow thats cheap, the store brand are usually over $2 a doz here, and the cage free happy chicken eggs I get are $3.45 a doz.
It took me the longest time to remember to buy eggs after our last couple of chickens died, I was running a geriatric chicken ranch and the old girls still managed to lay an egg most days :lol:

Beedubya Mar 31st 2011 11:38 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by aviva (Post 9275088)
This is a couple of doors down from where I'll be house-sitting, always makes me drool when I walk the dogs:

http://chateauemanuel.com/unique-features/views

:thumbsup:


Wow that is one seriously fancy pad, mind you way too much cleaning involved, then again if I could afford to live somewhere like that I could afford a cleaner LOL!! :thumbsup:

cheers Mar 31st 2011 4:44 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 9275891)
Wow thats cheap, the store brand are usually over $2 a doz here, and the cage free happy chicken eggs I get are $3.45 a doz.
It took me the longest time to remember to buy eggs after our last couple of chickens died, I was running a geriatric chicken ranch and the old girls still managed to lay an egg most days :lol:

Yes milk is high in California too. It is about $1.99/gallon here at Costco but we do pay a 3% sales tax on food here.

Mummy in the foothills Mar 31st 2011 6:07 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9277152)
Yes milk is high in California too. It is about $1.99/gallon here at Costco but we do pay a 3% sales tax on food here.

:eek: We are paying $3.89 a gal, still cheaper with tax for you. I hate that it's so expensive here.

windsong Mar 31st 2011 7:42 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9277152)
Yes milk is high in California too. It is about $1.99/gallon here at Costco but we do pay a 3% sales tax on food here.

Here in the midwest where I am, milk is "on sale" at $1.99. It's normally $2.49-$2.99.

windsong Mar 31st 2011 7:43 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 9277334)
:eek: We are paying $3.89 a gal, still cheaper with tax for you. I hate that it's so expensive here.

Ouch, Mummy! Where are you? That's a horrendous price to pay.

aviva Mar 31st 2011 8:52 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by windsong (Post 9277558)
Ouch, Mummy! Where are you? That's a horrendous price to pay.

Got to get gas tomorrow - cheapest around here today $4.01:eek:

Mummy in the foothills Mar 31st 2011 8:54 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by aviva (Post 9277719)
Got to get gas tomorrow - cheapest around here today $4.01:eek:

Same here. I went to safeway and got my 3¢ a gal discount it didn't help much :lol:

chriswinter Mar 31st 2011 8:57 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 9277334)
:eek: We are paying $3.89 a gal, still cheaper with tax for you. I hate that it's so expensive here.

$3.99 a gallon here...around $2.59 gal milk...bought jumbo eggs on sale a few weeks back $.99 a doz.!!! :thumbup:
Chicago sales tax on food..believe this...is 9.75%!:thumbdown:

dunroving Mar 31st 2011 9:28 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by chriswinter (Post 9277732)
$3.99 a gallon here...around $2.59 gal milk...bought jumbo eggs on sale a few weeks back $.99 a doz.!!! :thumbup:
Chicago sales tax on food..believe this...is 9.75%!:thumbdown:

So, if we could find a way to make cars run on milk, we'd be just fine. ;)

sallysimmons Mar 31st 2011 10:07 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by dunroving (Post 9277794)
So, if we could find a way to make cars run on milk, we'd be just fine. ;)

Better for you than drinking it :lol:

cheers Mar 31st 2011 10:48 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by aviva (Post 9277719)
Got to get gas tomorrow - cheapest around here today $4.01:eek:

$3.559 per gallon at Costco.

aviva Mar 31st 2011 11:06 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9277972)
$3.559 per gallon at Costco.

I live 5 mins walking to Costco, but not one that has gas:frown: I'd have to drive 7 miles in the other direction to get $3.97 at next Costco. Saw on the gas price map:
http://www.losangelesgasprices.com/m...sid=857&tl=All
that I can get that price on the way to my housesit tomorrow:D

cheers Mar 31st 2011 11:57 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by aviva (Post 9278018)
I live 5 mins walking to Costco, but not one that has gas:frown: I'd have to drive 7 miles in the other direction to get $3.97 at next Costco. Saw on the gas price map:
http://www.losangelesgasprices.com/m...sid=857&tl=All
that I can get that price on the way to my housesit tomorrow:D

We go down in your direction four times a year since my DW cardiologist is in Encino. We have been staying at a hotel in Simi Valley overnight but we like staying at the Holiday Inn in downtown Burbank because we like the town. If its good enough for Debbie Reynolds and her daughter its good enough for us.:)

aviva Apr 1st 2011 12:36 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread
 

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9278112)
We go down in your direction four times a year since my DW cardiologist is in Encino. We have been staying at a hotel in Simi Valley overnight but we like staying at the Holiday Inn in downtown Burbank because we like the town. If its good enough for Debbie Reynolds and her daughter its good enough for us.:)

Burbank is a nice town. There's lots to do, nice walking town. I was there this morning, that's where the gas Costco I was talking about is located. Forgot about the gas when I was there.;)
The train station comes right into downtown Burbank so you can hop on it and get around the city a bit from there (since the traffic is God awful).


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:13 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.