Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Jan 23rd 2011, 6:45 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Grammar police now!!!!
No, spelling police.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 6:46 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by dunroving
... the lesser-known cousin of Jenson Button.
Spelling police now!!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 6:51 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal
Yes - you're right. Remember when John Ashcroft was Attorney General - he insisted on having some nude statues covered up. I think they were in one of the rooms in the Department of Justice.
What????

That is so Victorian, like covering the legs on a piano!!!

Unbelievable!!
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beachgal21
Talking of tv ... I watched a film last night on BBC iPlayer with Pete Postlethwaite. I can't recall the name of it, but it's where he and a bunch of other guys are employed to paint some electric pylons on the Yorkshire Moors. Apart from the stunning views of Gods own country, I also got a great view of Pete Postlethwaites errmmm .... how can I say this .... tackle After 10 years of US censorship I can tell you it did come as somewhat of a surprise to see the very talented Mr Postlethwaite and his female co-star running around showing off far more than their acting abilities. Don't get me wrong, I'm far from being a prude, but you do get used to not seeing this much CLOSE-UP nudity on tv here.

Apart from having to fit my eyeballs back in their sockets and pick my jaw up off the floor I can relay that I thoroughly enjoyed this black comedy
Gosh I remember that film, it was called Among Giants, the sex stuff amazed me too... LOL
The girl was Australian Racheal Griffiths of Six feet Under.

I hardly noticed Pete till I saw brassed off then I noticed everywhere...

Now I see Im saying what dunroving already said Huhhhhhhhh...

Last edited by Fish n Chips 56; Jan 23rd 2011 at 7:30 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Gosh I remember that film, it was called Among Giants, the sex stuff amazed me too... LOL

House hunters international is in London right now
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aviva
Don't agree there. I think this country is stuck in the past with their Puritan views of sex and the human form.
I will second and third that... way behind the times, and just to keep a few happy.

I get tired of hearing words bleeped on Broadcast TV, its not like we dont know what they are saying, again to keep some happy, I wish there was a better way, channels for bleeped and Not Bleeped.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by aviva
Don't agree there. I think this country is stuck in the past with their Puritan views of sex and the human form.
I've always found it funny how there's no way in hell a bit of boob or tackle is allowed to be shown yet movies with murders, rapes, shootings, drugs, gang activity etc are fine ?? .

I guess boobs are more dangerous than I thought !
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:45 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by fish.01
...not too new for a Georgian terrace.....plenty of them.
I think they are Victorian and Edwardian terraces rather than Georgian........though I have been known to be wrong.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Englishman43
I've always found it funny how there's no way in hell a bit of boob or tackle is allowed to be shown yet movies with mur ders, rapes, shootings, drugs, gang activity etc are fine ?? .

I guess boobs are more dangerous than I thought !
SO true,I am sick of even breakfast TV here .

Peppered with violence as soon as I open my eyes

Well it was ,I don't even turn ON the TV while my little children are around !
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:00 pm
Home Sweet Home

I will second and third that... way behind the times, and just to keep a few happy.

I get tired of hearing words bleeped on Broadcast TV, its not like we dont know what they are saying, again to keep some happy, I wish there was a better way, channels for bleeped and Not Bleeped.
There is a better way, watch British TV!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
I sure will do that, Miss Sallysimmons. At least you didn't use toothpaste like we did in college dorm days! LOL
Me too Rosie, toothpaste rules when It comes to cleaning teeth...

Pollyfilla isn't so good for cavity protection either, it sez nothing about it on the packet so Id stay away from it..... LOL
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

SomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome

There you are Gab....wondered where you'd got to. Haven't heard anything from you for ages.

BTW the TV in Canada is almost as bad, as most of it is US junk, except for the PBS stations and BBC Canada.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SomersetGirl
There you are Gab....wondered where you'd got to. Haven't heard anything from you for ages.

BTW the TV in Canada is almost as bad, as most of it is US junk, except for the PBS stations and BBC Canada.
Hello

I am around ,all over the place/forum these days lol !
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 9:02 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

You must have ESPN
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome

First 5 or 10 minutes of every local newscast is very depressing, its either cops killed or cops killing, gangs or lovers or bar killings, think Ive got um all, its wall to wall Murder here, we have so much to choose from, here in Oregon we are overloaded with local news its on

4-9 in the morning...

12-1 at lunch

4-7 in evening with 30 mins of that national...

then again at 10 or 11 depending which channel...

Very Depressing... no wonder the country is in a mess...

Theft is up here too, at least it seems that way, lots of jewel store robberies, people looking at expensive stuff to buy and running off with it...
Lots of Morons taking ATMs out of mini marts too...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.