Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Jan 26th 2011, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

add another one to list who is 50 this year..
Old Jan 26th 2011, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by fulwood
add another one to list who is 50 this year..
Do you feel like it's a bit of a landmark birthday too? For me it's like OMG 50
Old Jan 26th 2011, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beachgal21
Do you feel like it's a bit of a landmark birthday too? For me it's like OMG 50
I still have 18 months to 50 but I'm more amazed that it is so close - I just don't feel like I will be hitting 50. When I was young - i.e. in my late teens/early 20's - I thought 50 was old - but I just don't feel old. I still have a lot of life to live and have plans and goals I want to move forwards on - and I do feel young enough to do it!!

50 - as they say - is the new 40!!! Therefore life is just beginning
Old Jan 26th 2011, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorac05
I still have 18 months to 50 but I'm more amazed that it is so close - I just don't feel like I will be hitting 50. When I was young - i.e. in my late teens/early 20's - I thought 50 was old - but I just don't feel old. I still have a lot of life to live and have plans and goals I want to move forwards on - and I do feel young enough to do it!!

50 - as they say - is the new 40!!! Therefore life is just beginning
I can remember lay in bed one night as teenager working out how old I'd be in the year 2000, and I thought I'd be really old then Like you, I dont feel my age and still have a ton of things I want to do in life. Thats one of my main reasons for wanting to leave the US as I just don't feel I can move forward here. I certainly have no intention of growing old gracefully, more like growing old disgracefully
Old Jan 27th 2011, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

hey beachgal 21. honestly I don't know how I feel - bit odd.. I just think of things like well 10-15 years to retire which I can't believe.. starting new career this year. like many have lots of things want to do. need to stay in US so I can establish career that maybe I can at some time continue in England. i have feeling though I will likely end up living in US and UK - in due course will figure that out..gone by way too quickly....
Old Jan 27th 2011, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

to totally digress - do any of you read online British papers.. I look at lancashire evening post but not much in it. I just wondered what you all read whether home or abroad and if you can provide links.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

to totally digress - do any of you read online British papers.. I look at lancashire evening post but not much in it. I just wondered what you all read whether home or abroad and if you can provide links.
Whats the new career that you're going to be starting?

I don't look at any online newspapers, but I do look at the MSN.co.uk page which is quite good for news back home. I also visit the msn political news forum for the UK. There used to be a separate forum for the Americans to use but they started threatening to shoot each other (you know how that goes), so MSN shut their forum down. Unfortunately the Americans then invaded the British forum, so you have to pick through the different threads a bit now. If you want to take a look here is the link http://news.uk.msn.com/forum/board.a...0-000000000000
Old Jan 27th 2011, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

speech pathologist. going to graduate in May with second bachelors degree in Comm Disorders - proving theory never too late I need Masters but need to work for year or two in field then go to grad school.. thanks for info on msn..Until I graduate I am serving my penance working in a call center which is one of the worst jobs ever but it is a job so one has to consider oneself fortunate..
Old Jan 27th 2011, 8:40 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

I read the Daily Fail for a right good laugh about Broken Britain.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 12:05 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my Lord, you're a brave woman.

I read these:

The Guardian http://www.guardian.co.uk/
The Independent http://www.independent.co.uk/
and the local Lake District paper http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk/

The Guardian website is the best I think - lots of great features on all kinds of things along with the news.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 12:35 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Oh my Lord, you're a brave woman.

I read these:

The Guardian http://www.guardian.co.uk/
The Independent http://www.independent.co.uk/
and the local Lake District paper http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk/

The Guardian website is the best I think - lots of great features on all kinds of things along with the news.
this is a good site

http://www.wrx.zen.co.uk/britnews.htm
Old Jan 27th 2011, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
Great link - thanks for sharing.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 1:51 pm

Isabel_7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
Great link - thanks for sharing.

I agree ... a great link. Thanks for sharing it Mallory.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 2:30 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

This morning, we had 12 inches of snow. That landed on top of the 6 inches from last week and what was left of the 15 inches two weeks ago. It's going to snow again tomorrow and Friday then start up again on Tuesday.

Hard to believe that last August it was over 100 degrees for 2 weeks running and we had to fill the house with fans to stay comfortable because the air conditioning couldn't keep up.

This morning looking out of the window, OH said 'I'm dreaming of a grey rainy day in the Yorkshire Dales.'
Old Jan 27th 2011, 2:34 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
This morning, we had 12 inches of snow. That landed on top of the 6 inches from last week and what was left of the 15 inches two weeks ago. It's going to snow again tomorrow and Friday then start up again on Tuesday.

Hard to believe that last August it was over 100 degrees for 2 weeks running and we had to fill the house with fans to stay comfortable because the air conditioning couldn't keep up.

This morning looking out of the window, OH said 'I'm dreaming of a grey rainy day in the Yorkshire Dales.'
He's getting there!!

Today here the humidity is sooo bad, well for me anyway I hate it, give me a cold, crisp, frosty morning any day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.