British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/over-40s-moving-back-catching-up-701116/)

Mummy in the foothills Jan 18th 2011 12:06 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Chat away.
I'm making sausage and mash for dinner tonight, I even splurged and got a can of beans from world market :lol:

aviva Jan 18th 2011 12:10 am

Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 9109186)
Chat away.
I'm making sausage and mash for dinner tonight, I even splurged and got a can of beans from world market :lol:

Yes! Food talk is part of "absolutely anything".
What is mash? Not kidding. Mashed potatoes?

Sally Redux Jan 18th 2011 12:11 am

'For mash get Smash' :lol:

SomersetGirl Jan 18th 2011 12:15 am

Originally Posted by aviva (Post 9109192)
Yes! Food talk is part of "absolutely anything".
What is mash? Not kidding. Mashed potatoes?

Bangers and Mash = Sausages and mashed potatoes..YUMMY!!

Is this silly chit chatty enough?

aviva Jan 18th 2011 12:18 am

Originally Posted by SomersetGirl (Post 9109204)
Bangers and Mash = Sausages and mashed potatoes..YUMMY!!

Is this silly chit chatty enough?

Innocent bystander here, don't blame me. Dunroving came up with the name.

GoldCoastMag Jan 18th 2011 12:19 am

Originally Posted by aviva (Post 9109167)
So here it is - go for it, if you dare!
This is supposedly for the people who got banished from:
OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK
to:
US Healthcare discussion moved from Over 50's & 60's thread
but we wanted to talk about other rubbish too.

Saaaaaaave me from this time wasting multi-thread craziness and come here to talk about absolutely anything.

If I post here, since i am not moving back to the UK, will I be kicked off?

aviva Jan 18th 2011 12:21 am

Originally Posted by GoldCoastMag (Post 9109212)
If I post here, since i am not moving back to the UK, will I be kicked off?

Kicking-off is not in our thread vocabulary. All welcome, you don't even need to be an old fart.

Englishman43 Jan 18th 2011 12:22 am

Ageism, bloody rampant ageism , what about us 40 somethings ?? ;)

Aviva must be telepathic or summat ..

Wawa Jan 18th 2011 12:25 am

Great, now there's no-one on the real Over 50's & 60's Moving back to the UK thread :lol:

GoldCoastMag Jan 18th 2011 12:30 am

Originally Posted by aviva (Post 9109216)
Kicking-off is not in our thread vocabulary. All welcome, you don't even need to be an old fart.

That part I qualify for

charleygirl Jan 18th 2011 12:30 am

Mummy what sausages do you get, i still haven't found any i really like.
Its one of my fave things in the UK bangers and mash with fried onions..... Oh god I want some now.

haha Old fart me too......

Mummy in the foothills Jan 18th 2011 12:33 am

Originally Posted by charleygirl (Post 9109230)
Mummy what sausages do you get, i still haven't found any i really like.
Its one of my fave things in the UK bangers and mash with fried onions..... Oh god I want some now.

haha Old fart me too......

After years of looking and even making my own for a while I have given up, we use Jimmy Dean original pre cooked breakfast sausages, not authentic, but the whole family like the taste and they don't have a load of sage in so they aren't breakfasty at all. Oh I love fried onions with sausages, I usually make gravy, but seeing I got this one lovely can of heinz I opened it.

charleygirl Jan 18th 2011 12:35 am

Oh okay never bought those, are they in the freezer section? will give them a go...cant beat richmond, I know we have had this convo before in the other thread but just wondered what you had found. thanks!

beachgal21 Jan 18th 2011 12:46 am

I'd kill for a British banger right now ..... sausage sandwich with brown sauce .... sigh!

Englishman43 Jan 18th 2011 12:50 am

Originally Posted by beachgal21 (Post 9109261)
I'd kill for a British banger right now ..... sausage sandwich with brown sauce .... sigh!

Well I'm sure if you google it you'd find a forum with like minded people for THAT as well you saucy minx ;)