Our Home is on the Market

Old Jun 5th 2008, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our Home is on the Market

Originally Posted by manc1
Trouble is Ruby you have a nutty chairman. Hughes is a good manager but unless he wins the treble he will probably go the same way as Sven.
I think it will be an interesting next season....time will tell
Old Jun 6th 2008, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
I think it will be an interesting next season....time will tell
I just think Manc 1 is jealous as am sure Ut- had plans for him to take over after Fergie leaves....and I think our Chairman is very astute....you don't get to have the money he has otherwise.....Sven was never my cup of tea....honestly....a British Manager is the way to go.....they know our game inside and out........and Mark Hughes can handle himself......he's no push over and I think our Chairman (know his name just cannot spell it) will like that in a Manager.....our home is open tomorrow (Sunday).....and the way our agent is shaping up (not) it will probably a wasted day...but well you have to try....off now to watch our oldest boy play football....good game today it's against Sorrento!!!!!
Have a good weekend to you all and for all of us who have "home opens" lets hope we get the buyers this weekend......anyone watch the Cricket from Trent Bridge?....glorious weather and some beautiful scenery....great historical comments about the area from Botham......
Old Jun 6th 2008, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Having a break from the madness for afew months. Putting it back up later with another agent ( Harcourts)..so see how things move then. We are still going home this year, before Xmas anyway. I'm not stressing about it now, over all that, things will happen when they happen. Our health and happiness is more important than this hole.
We have to be back for August or at least the end of it as our sons have a place at College and High School and we really don't want them to start a few weeks in so if it does not sell we will have to rent it out...not stressing at all now (just our agent is well.....bad....had to tell him to re do our broucher as he missed out lots of things......)and still no home open dates or times on our sale board after asking him all week.....and still no home on the internet!!! AND its not in the homebuyers (again) this week...so all in all just going how my life usually does......not to plan!!!!
Old Jun 6th 2008, 1:34 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by brits1
We have to be back for August or at least the end of it as our sons have a place at College and High School and we really don't want them to start a few weeks in so if it does not sell we will have to rent it out...not stressing at all now (just our agent is well.....bad....had to tell him to re do our broucher as he missed out lots of things......)and still no home open dates or times on our sale board after asking him all week.....and still no home on the internet!!! AND its not in the homebuyers (again) this week...so all in all just going how my life usually does......not to plan!!!!
Your agent sounds abit useless. Hope this guy i'm using is better than the other.
Now my house is off the market i feel alot more settled (can you believe it)! I think it's just nice not having to worry and clean up for the home opens (which are useless too).

Good luck Jackie. I looked into renting it out but it wasn't worth the hassle.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Your agent sounds abit useless. Hope this guy i'm using is better than the other.
Now my house is off the market i feel alot more settled (can you believe it)! I think it's just nice not having to worry and clean up for the home opens (which are useless too).

Good luck Jackie. I looked into renting it out but it wasn't worth the hassle.
Do you thik ou will stay then?...I have felt unsettled since w have put our house on the market but I think that is because you still cannot put a date on the calander and the stress of having home opens is a pain....but it has to be done..when I think like that I just think if we stay then there will be no family Christmasses.....visiting our fav. towns......going to the Med. and also just our friends and family.....then it puts it all into prospective.....and the hard work and "stress" now will be a thing in the past when we are home (touch wood)........
Old Jun 12th 2008, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Our Home is on the Market

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Our home was on the market last year for nearly 12 months and did not sell. The housing market in the US is really slowing down. We had hoped to be back in the UK by now but are waiting to see how the market does at the moment people want homes for as little as possible. We live in New England. I have been here for nearly 30 years so I suppose I can wait another year. Unfortunately as we thought this process would be much quicker we had our dogs tagged and ready to go but now 2 of them are gone and the other one is sick. Nothing goes as planned. By the way I have three grown children and two grandchildren but I still want to go home.
Hi there i noticed that you are heading back to the UK after a long time living away i have been considering a move back to the UK for a while now but im having such difficulty deciding as i have 3 small grandchildren here aged from 8 months to 3yrs and thats the hardest part for me i just feel so torn...Can i ask are your grandchildren young or a bit older and do you have any tips for coping with this.

Also do you know anything about the pension over there i am guessing that i wouldnt maybe qualify for one (im not of pension age yet though im 50) as i have only paid the National Insurance stamp briefly when i worked there for a year some years back and then about 4 yrs ago when i worked over ther for 7 months so not a grea contributor in the grand scheme of things lol....
Any tips would be much appreciated....
Cheers
Cally
Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Cally my Grandchildren are two boys one is 3 and the other is 5months. I do agree that is going to be hard to leave them but we live quite a few hours from them so we do not get to see them very often. In a way it helps I think it would be much harder if I was to see them every few days. I don't see the point in sitting around waiting for visits and having no life of my own. I really dont have any tips I have thought about it alot and I know my daughter-in-laws parents live around the corner from them and they have a big family circle so I dont think we will be missed it will be me doing the missing.

I took a look at the bigger picture and what would be best for me, I think it will be harder for me to leave my daughter behind and my other son as they are both single. But they all have lives of their own. If you have a full life were you are and plenty of friends and really enjoy being in the US I would stay. I don't have any friends in the area were we live and I am not keen on this area its very secluded.

On the other hand even though I have been away from the UK for many years I still have relatives and many lifetime friends. Plus living in an area were I am able to get out and about I will be able to make new friends and become independant again. I think thats what I miss most about the UK is the way of life, just everyday things that others take for granted. Getting on a bus into town walking around the shops meeting friends for lunch.

As to the pension I worked for quite along time before we came to the US so my pension is nearly 45pounds a week. My husband who only worked their for 5 years gets about 15pounds per week.

It looks like its going to be quite sometime before we move to the UK waiting for the house to sell in this bad market and also we have to consider the exchange rate which is really bad at the moment, I think its a $1.97 for a pound.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute

Cally my Grandchildren are two boys one is 3 and the other is 5months. I do agree that is going to be hard to leave them but we live quite a few hours from them so we do not get to see them very often. In a way it helps I think it would be much harder if I was to see them every few days. I don't see the point in sitting around waiting for visits and having no life of my own. I really dont have any tips I have thought about it alot and I know my daughter-in-laws parents live around the corner from them and they have a big family circle so I dont think we will be missed it will be me doing the missing.

I took a look at the bigger picture and what would be best for me, I think it will be harder for me to leave my daughter behind and my other son as they are both single. But they all have lives of their own. If you have a full life were you are and plenty of friends and really enjoy being in the US I would stay. I don't have any friends in the area were we live and I am not keen on this area its very secluded.

On the other hand even though I have been away from the UK for many years I still have relatives and many lifetime friends. Plus living in an area were I am able to get out and about I will be able to make new friends and become independant again. I think thats what I miss most about the UK is the way of life, just everyday things that others take for granted. Getting on a bus into town walking around the shops meeting friends for lunch.

As to the pension I worked for quite along time before we came to the US so my pension is nearly 45pounds a week. My husband who only worked their for 5 years gets about 15pounds per week.

It looks like its going to be quite sometime before we move to the UK waiting for the house to sell in this bad market and also we have to consider the exchange rate which is really bad at the moment, I think its a $1.97 for a pound.
Oh thanks so much for replying was interesting what you mentioned about the pension i would probably get about .22pence a week then lol...........I had heard that you can actually "top up" your national insurance if its so many years before you retire like pay extra contribtions (i may be wrong though i am sure someone will put me on the right track with that)

Yes the grandhildren is what my problem is and to be honest i dont really have much of a life here as when my ex and i seperated we lived in a very isolated part of the country with a population of 250 people and he stayed there with my friend he went off with so i ended up having to move away as i just couldnt bear running into them and so i ended up living in a town just because thats where my son lived.

The thing for me is i have 2 grandsons in this town and the 3y old everytime i see him says i wuv you nona! which is a real tug at my heart strings his 8month old brother wouldnt notice if i left but im sure the 3yr old would and the thing is though i used to have such a lot to do with the 3yr old as his dads away at sea for weeks at a time (5 weeks on and 5 weeks off) and unfortunately his mum and I (its my sons fiance) had a disagreement and things were said that cannot be taken back by both of us and although we get on fine together when we meet the daily phone calls from my grandson and me just popping in to play with the kids whilst mum gets things done have ended and it seems like every time we meet the poor little guy is so excited to see me he gets a bit silly and spends most of my visit in "time out" because hes done something very minor in his excitement! And i end up just sitting there looking stupid.....

I really only have one lot of friends here in this town and they run accommodation so are very busy people im in a dead end relationship thats going nowhere (hes a very big drinker and wouldnt care if i was here or not) My worry is the 3yr old grandson he has dad in and out of his life another of his friends has just gone to live in aus and i will so feellike im abandoning him if i leave buti do need to and deserve to have a life of my own lol....
Anyhow thats just a brief rundown of my situation goodness it looks like it would make a good movie lol
Well you have a great weekend and i hope all your plans go well...
Cheers
Cally
Old Jun 12th 2008, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh thanks so much for replying was interesting what you mentioned about the pension i would probably get about .22pence a week then lol...........I had heard that you can actually "top up" your national insurance if its so many years before you retire like pay extra contribtions (i may be wrong though i am sure someone will put me on the right track with that)

Yes the grandhildren is what my problem is and to be honest i dont really have much of a life here as when my ex and i seperated we lived in a very isolated part of the country with a population of 250 people and he stayed there with my friend he went off with so i ended up having to move away as i just couldnt bear running into them and so i ended up living in a town just because thats where my son lived.

The thing for me is i have 2 grandsons in this town and the 3y old everytime i see him says i wuv you nona! which is a real tug at my heart strings his 8month old brother wouldnt notice if i left but im sure the 3yr old would and the thing is though i used to have such a lot to do with the 3yr old as his dads away at sea for weeks at a time (5 weeks on and 5 weeks off) and unfortunately his mum and I (its my sons fiance) had a disagreement and things were said that cannot be taken back by both of us and although we get on fine together when we meet the daily phone calls from my grandson and me just popping in to play with the kids whilst mum gets things done have ended and it seems like every time we meet the poor little guy is so excited to see me he gets a bit silly and spends most of my visit in "time out" because hes done something very minor in his excitement! And i end up just sitting there looking stupid.....

I really only have one lot of friends here in this town and they run accommodation so are very busy people im in a dead end relationship thats going nowhere.
My worry is the 3yr old grandson he has dad in and out of his life another of his friends has just gone to live in aus and i will so feel like im abandoning him if i leave but i do need to have and deserve to have a life of my own lol....
Anyhow thats just a brief rundown of my situation goodness it looks like it would make a good movie lol
Well you have a great weekend and i hope all your plans go well...
Cheers
Cally
Old Jun 12th 2008, 6:02 pm
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cally49

Cally
You can 'top up' your contributions but I believe you can only back date a few years so don't think you can top up for 30 years which is the minimum amount of years now for pension contributions.

I rang the NI Contributions Dept about this as we want to top up but now I can't remember what the guy said to me.

There is a specific UK number for people overseas for queries about this and also the NI website gives you pension planner so you can put in your contributions and see how much you will get. You can also find out how much you've paid in.

I'll see if I can find the website and number for you. It is around somewhere.