Our Home is on the Market

Old May 16th 2008, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Our Home is on the Market

Well our home is on the Market.... we have had most of the agents south of the river coming "through" our home....most were "cheeky" to say the least on their valuations!!! anyway picked an Agent who if anything I found "nice" and experienced and dare I say "honest"...hope it's the rights choice...I got sick of Agents saying "Homes are now falling at a big rate in price"....when what they really mean "For the first time in years we have to really work for our money"!!!!!? I know it's a slow market and I know the reasons why but we are not going to "give our house away" at some of the valuations we were given....so fingers crossed we will get a fair price and head off home....I am anxious now.....not because it's all "happening" or we are having "doubts"...but in case we cannot sell our lovely house here and be heading home soon.....Good luck to everyone who is in the same situation...wherever you are in the world......
Old May 16th 2008, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Our Home is on the Market

OH Good Luck will keep fingers and toes crossed for you
Old May 16th 2008, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck J, hope you get back "home" as soon as you can.

Speak soon..

Kath
Old May 16th 2008, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the sale! Here's hoping for some great open house vibes for everyone this weekend!
Old May 16th 2008, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tillysmum
OH Good Luck will keep fingers and toes crossed for you
Thanks I'm even going "cross eyed" to help!!!!
Old May 16th 2008, 9:40 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by brits1
Thanks I'm even going "cross eyed" to help!!!!
Hope you have more luck than me, 6 months on and no offers.
Old May 16th 2008, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
Good luck J, hope you get back "home" as soon as you can.

Speak soon..

Kath
I'm planning our reunion as we speak!!!! it will involve lots of liquids, decent food (shop bought...I don't want to kill anyone)....already planning Bonfires, Christmas and New Years........oh to start living again...I feel like I've spent to long being put "out to fodder" here in Perth....may the good times roll pretty soon.....please....pretty please........!!! have a great weekend Kath....don't let the weather spoil it for you!!!!!!
Old May 16th 2008, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by quoll
Good luck with the sale! Here's hoping for some great open house vibes for everyone this weekend!
Thank you....HUGE BIG VIBES to everyone in the same position......
Old May 16th 2008, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Hope you have more luck than me, 6 months on and no offers.
Things might pick up first of July with the stamp duty "thing"......if not were are going to rent this house out and have to go and live with my Dad....(gulp) for a while....even that is a much better prospective (and I don't say that lightly!! ha ha) than living here in Perth!!!!! Have you tried a new agent....I knew the last one was full of b-ll but I feel for it!! changed even before the boards went up......hopefully someone will want this home.....someone....anyone....anything!!!!!..any aliens out there?....course there is.....I live in Perth!!!!!
Old May 16th 2008, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Things might pick up first of July with the stamp duty "thing"......if not were are going to rent this house out and have to go and live with my Dad....(gulp) for a while....even that is a much better prospective (and I don't say that lightly!! ha ha) than living here in Perth!!!!! Have you tried a new agent....I knew the last one was full of b-ll but I feel for it!! changed even before the boards went up......hopefully someone will want this home.....someone....anyone....anything!!!!!..any aliens out there?....course there is.....I live in Perth!!!!!
"sorry" not even opened my white wine (having a Blob tonight!!) and I have spelt something wrong (again) "but I FELL for it"........did'nt want any rude comments so I thought I had better change it QUICK...I know how "quick" your minds work out there in Cyber!!!!!!
Old May 16th 2008, 9:50 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I can't see how changing my agent would help sell it really. There just isn't enough buyers. My agent does a good job, not much more she can do.
No way am i dropping my price again. Dropped 20K and that is it. Didn't come here to make a loss or give it away. So we will do what you are going to do..rent it out and get more that way. If they don't want to buy it, they can rent it then this time next year, hopefully this crappy market has recovered. So we'll try again to sell it....effing farce.
Old May 16th 2008, 1:22 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Well our home is on the Market.... we have had most of the agents south of the river coming "through" our home....most were "cheeky" to say the least on their valuations!!! anyway picked an Agent who if anything I found "nice" and experienced and dare I say "honest"...hope it's the rights choice...I got sick of Agents saying "Homes are now falling at a big rate in price"....when what they really mean "For the first time in years we have to really work for our money"!!!!!? I know it's a slow market and I know the reasons why but we are not going to "give our house away" at some of the valuations we were given....so fingers crossed we will get a fair price and head off home....I am anxious now.....not because it's all "happening" or we are having "doubts"...but in case we cannot sell our lovely house here and be heading home soon.....Good luck to everyone who is in the same situation...wherever you are in the world......
I hope you, tracey and nu shooz get a quick sale sooon!

must be very worrying trying to sell in this market.

fingers crossed
Old May 16th 2008, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

"sorry" not even opened my white wine (having a Blob tonight!!) and I have spelt something wrong (again) "but I FELL for it"........did'nt want any rude comments so I thought I had better change it QUICK...I know how "quick" your minds work out there in Cyber!!!!!!

hi Brits

I was up until 1am last night tossing and turning and running through all the possible scenarios in my head to get us back to the UK.

I must say I am scared the house wont sell
Old May 17th 2008, 12:20 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck brits1 in selling

We're 4 months in, price dropped by 20k so far, still no offers. We'll drop the price again in August and hope.

Oh, must tell folks who know my story with my aussie loving husband:I said to him the other day "What are we going to do if the house hasn't sold by the end of September?" to which he replied "We'll drop the price again. We've got to get home for me to start my training" (he's re-training as a plumber when we get back)

And then last night he said, out of the blue "Do you know what I want my first meal to be when I get back? A donner kebab!"

Looks like my hubby has finally come round to the idea of going home and is actually finding positives about it!!!!
Old May 17th 2008, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Good luck brits1 in selling

We're 4 months in, price dropped by 20k so far, still no offers. We'll drop the price again in August and hope.

Oh, must tell folks who know my story with my aussie loving husband:I said to him the other day "What are we going to do if the house hasn't sold by the end of September?" to which he replied "We'll drop the price again. We've got to get home for me to start my training" (he's re-training as a plumber when we get back)

And then last night he said, out of the blue "Do you know what I want my first meal to be when I get back? A donner kebab!"

Looks like my hubby has finally come round to the idea of going home and is actually finding positives about it!!!!
Tracey thats great news...ofcourse you husband would "see the light" one day....some people here in Perth do (as my huband says) "go over to the dark side"...but the clever ones soon see the light!! it's funny you should talk about Kebabs, my oldest son and I went to Freo (yep we were that bored) last Sunday and decided to have something to eat at the E Sheds and look around the E shed markets (that's a joke but they try!!) my son had a Kebab and it was not cheap....well he said 'Mum" I've had a Kebab in nearly every shopping centre in Perth and even other states but come anywhere near the Kebab I had in ..........Stalybridge"!!! (Cheshire).....he cannot wait to be home have a good Curry and have some decent Kebabs!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.