Wikiposts

Our Home is on the Market

Old May 16th 2008, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our Home is on the Market

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I hope you, tracey and nu shooz get a quick sale sooon!

must be very worrying trying to sell in this market.

fingers crossed
Well at least this way I am droppinga couple of pounds in weight with the worry......well you have to look at the positive side of things......really though out of all the homes we have sold (3 here in Perth) I really, really want this so much to sell it's painful!!!!! it's our nicest home so far here in Aus but it's the one I want to sell the most!!!! asking the gods, angels etc to help out...even mightwrite to Chat magazine (my OH reads it..honest!!) for a few spells on selling a home....yep...getting that desperate!!!!
Old May 16th 2008, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I can't see how changing my agent would help sell it really. There just isn't enough buyers. My agent does a good job, not much more she can do.
No way am i dropping my price again. Dropped 20K and that is it. Didn't come here to make a loss or give it away. So we will do what you are going to do..rent it out and get more that way. If they don't want to buy it, they can rent it then this time next year, hopefully this crappy market has recovered. So we'll try again to sell it....effing farce.
I knowwhat you mean...some agents said we could sell very quickly if we went in for $579.....honestly if we thought that was what our home was worth we might of considered it but we would be giving it away at that price...we built at the height of buildings costs....bought land at the highest rate ever...so there is not a chance in the world I am giving it away.....they say not enough buyers but where are all the British Migrants we are told arriving each day in Aus living?......or is that a Myth as well!!!
Old May 16th 2008, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Brits1 just wanted to add my good wishes, I hope you hear some good news soon
Old May 16th 2008, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nicola411
hi Brits

I was up until 1am last night tossing and turning and running through all the possible scenarios in my head to get us back to the UK.

I must say I am scared the house wont sell
I know it's awful......my OH says "stay positive there are always ways around things"...oh I hope so.....in all the homes we have sold both here in Aus and at home...we have always missed the "boom" times...honestly....but we have got through and still be able to get to where we need and want to be....it's been a bit harder but worth getting there in the end...so thats how I am thinking now.....well....the thought of staying here is just not an option...even if I have to start selling my body on the "Dilly"....(mind you I would end up owing!!!) we will find the money to return home....!! oh I was only joking about the last bit...well I would have to be with my bod!!!! ha ha
Good luck and try not to worry to much....if you want something and stay positive it happens......(that's my mantra!!!)
Take care
Jackie
Old May 16th 2008, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

The first person that viewed our house last weekend came back again before the end of the home open for another look and said he would be putting an offer in during the week. Not heard a dicky bird from him, very strange.
Old May 16th 2008, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manc1
The first person that viewed our house last weekend came back again before the end of the home open for another look and said he would be putting an offer in during the week. Not heard a dicky bird from him, very strange.
hi Manc

Whereabouts in Qld are you trying to sell?

Sorry if I am being nosey?
Old May 16th 2008, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and try not to worry to much....if you want something and stay positive it happens......(that's my mantra!!!)
Take care
Jackie[/QUOTE]

Yes I try to keep that as my mantra too but sometimes in the middle of the night when you cant sleep its hard.
Old May 16th 2008, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

We had something similar, only the guy was def going to bring his wife round, never showed... Our agent actually said there is a catch phrase "Buyers are liars", he looked sheepish when he'd said it, but its true, they will say one thing to your face and then do another. Anyhoo, we had our 3rd week with no viewers, we've dropped the price $10k, changed the viewing times to 11.30 and we'll see how we get on next week. Oh we do have a woman coming round on TUesday morning, so you never know your luck in a raffle (yes I do, I never win them! )

Infact we were so sure we wouldn't get viewers today, we stayed here and had a cuppa and a natter with the agent. He used to live in the UK before moving here, so we get on quite well!

Good Luck Brits1. I'm sure attitude has a lot to do with it. Icant stand my house and I'm sure that comes across, its like living in an empty biscuit tin, cant believe I gave up my 105yr old house for this Silly bint....

Jo

Old May 16th 2008, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
I'm planning our reunion as we speak!!!! it will involve lots of liquids, decent food (shop bought...I don't want to kill anyone)....already planning Bonfires, Christmas and New Years........oh to start living again...I feel like I've spent to long being put "out to fodder" here in Perth....may the good times roll pretty soon.....please....pretty please........!!! have a great weekend Kath....don't let the weather spoil it for you!!!!!!
We trying out our trailer tent next weekend sos we can haul ourselves up your way for a few drunken nights

We got more stuff in that tent than i have in my whole kitchen, plus heater and mat and Kates new addition to the family a hamster!!! Mind you she only had Basil four days he died yesterday and we had to go get another one today I hope this one lasts a bit longer

Its pissing it down here and Ive had to put the heating back on, mind you at least we got heating here not like our house in Kinross it used to be bloody freezing in winter, I remember the first winter we where there I had woolly socks and a big woolly cardi on and remember looking out at the pouring rain thinking OMG is this ever gonna stop and ringing my Mum saying "this rain is worse than uk"

Kath

Last edited by Kath & Graham; May 16th 2008 at 11:38 pm. Reason: cos i cant bloody spell
Old May 18th 2008, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

lorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of light

Well our home is on the Market.... we have had most of the agents south of the river coming "through" our home....most were "cheeky" to say the least on their valuations!!! anyway picked an Agent who if anything I found "nice" and experienced and dare I say "honest"...hope it's the rights choice...I got sick of Agents saying "Homes are now falling at a big rate in price"....when what they really mean "For the first time in years we have to really work for our money"!!!!!? I know it's a slow market and I know the reasons why but we are not going to "give our house away" at some of the valuations we were given....so fingers crossed we will get a fair price and head off home....I am anxious now.....not because it's all "happening" or we are having "doubts"...but in case we cannot sell our lovely house here and be heading home soon.....Good luck to everyone who is in the same situation...wherever you are in the world......
Hi jackie
so hope you sell your house.. and you get 'home' asap! Believe me 'home' is so good, euphoria after 3 months back still not worn off!! Good luck x
Old May 18th 2008, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

HI JO

I hope she comes on Tuesday, so changing the time didnt help.

I am in the same vein as you I cant stand my house here just want to move back to central heating, double glazing, a gas cooker and a normal sized garden not acreage.

I told OH I didnt want to buy it but he insisted now I know he regrets it he just wont bloody admit it.

Best of luck chuck
Old May 18th 2008, 12:14 pm

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Good luck brits1 in selling

We're 4 months in, price dropped by 20k so far, still no offers. We'll drop the price again in August and hope.

Oh, must tell folks who know my story with my aussie loving husband:I said to him the other day "What are we going to do if the house hasn't sold by the end of September?" to which he replied "We'll drop the price again. We've got to get home for me to start my training" (he's re-training as a plumber when we get back)

And then last night he said, out of the blue "Do you know what I want my first meal to be when I get back? A donner kebab!"

Looks like my hubby has finally come round to the idea of going home and is actually finding positives about it!!!!
What you drop in price Tracy - you'll make up for in currency exchange - well at least some of it! Chin up!!
Old May 18th 2008, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Renie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mrs Best
What you drop in price Tracy - you'll make up for in currency exchange - well at least some of it! Chin up!!
I am just as desparate to sell this house, enough so that when people drive past slow I run out and say you can have a look if you like....how desparate is that, it made me laugh though, but you're right they tell you one thing and do another, but we have got 3 lots interested at moment, I want out of here and within a month is being patient
Old May 19th 2008, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes we had that, a lady came on the same day as we signed with the agent...agent said they were keen to have a home with a view...the lady arrived a 2pm...loved our home and then said wanted to come back with her husband either later on that day or on Sat. well agent phoned and said Sat was looking okay then another call the next day from the agent to say the husband did not want to live opposite a park!!!! very strange as in the "burbs" that's about the only "view" they might have.....STRANGE!!!
Old May 19th 2008, 12:55 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Yes we had that, a lady came on the same day as we signed with the agent...agent said they were keen to have a home with a view...the lady arrived a 2pm...loved our home and then said wanted to come back with her husband either later on that day or on Sat. well agent phoned and said Sat was looking okay then another call the next day from the agent to say the husband did not want to live opposite a park!!!! very strange as in the "burbs" that's about the only "view" they might have.....STRANGE!!!
Time wasters, we had the same thing when we were trying to sell the house we had previously. I had a guy round who 'apparently' (according to the agent) 'loved' it and was already deciding where to place his furniture. I am still waiting for his offer, 2 years later.........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.