Wikiposts

Our Home is on the Market

Old May 19th 2008, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our Home is on the Market

Originally Posted by nicola411
Good luck and try not to worry to much....if you want something and stay positive it happens......(that's my mantra!!!)
Take care
Jackie

Yes I try to keep that as my mantra too but sometimes in the middle of the night when you cant sleep its hard.[/QUOTE]
I use to wake up at nights worrying about should we go home...the thought of staying here forever deep down was something that I knew I did not want to do..so when decision was made it was a relief...back to sleeping...now the housing market is quiet I wake up worrying I will never get back home....we all want to be back home so much...the mood in our home is just wonderful...we are all just wanting to be on that plane home today, yesterday!!!....I am staying positive though....I have to.....this has aged me beyond my years (well that's my excuse).....good luck to everyone and lets hope we all find buyers so we can all be back to where we belong...home!!! can you imagine if some of us were all on the same plane back to the U.K?...now what would you do?....me I would be Partying, Partying...? I think my husband and sons for once would not be saying (when we have left Aus in the past for a holiday) "wish we had a one way ticket".....
Good luck and Best Wishes and thank you for the comments.....they do help!!!
Old May 19th 2008, 12:57 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Good luck brits1 in selling

We're 4 months in, price dropped by 20k so far, still no offers. We'll drop the price again in August and hope.

Oh, must tell folks who know my story with my aussie loving husband:I said to him the other day "What are we going to do if the house hasn't sold by the end of September?" to which he replied "We'll drop the price again. We've got to get home for me to start my training" (he's re-training as a plumber when we get back)

And then last night he said, out of the blue "Do you know what I want my first meal to be when I get back? A donner kebab!"

Looks like my hubby has finally come round to the idea of going home and is actually finding positives about it!!!!
I cant wait for decent fish and chips. I am going to find the nearest chippy to Heathrow airport and fill my face when i get back. Oh for decent chips, with lashings of salt and vinegar.........
Old May 19th 2008, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lorids
Hi jackie
so hope you sell your house.. and you get 'home' asap! Believe me 'home' is so good, euphoria after 3 months back still not worn off!! Good luck x
Thank you Lorids...I am so "chuffed" you are enjoying being home!!! I have everything crossed and I am staying positive.......I do wish we had sold last year but as per usual the time was wrong (our home was not finished anyway)!!! if we cannot sell we will have to rent.....not ideal......I would like to be home for Aug but at this stage as long as I am home asap it does not matter.....I would like to show my OH the Edinburgh Tatoo....I just loved it when I went many years ago!! Not long now until your OH joins you...I bet you have really missed each other...it's hard I know but in some ways it really makes you appreciate each other.......
All the best and take care in Bonny Scotland.....
Jackie
Old May 19th 2008, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Renie
I am just as desparate to sell this house, enough so that when people drive past slow I run out and say you can have a look if you like....how desparate is that, it made me laugh though, but you're right they tell you one thing and do another, but we have got 3 lots interested at moment, I want out of here and within a month is being patient
I know what you mean...I live opposite a park and after school young mums and their children play on a small play area for a short while...I want to go over and say "you can sit outside this home having a coffee while watching your kids play on the park".....but I have not got the nerve (yet)!!!! I am so wanting just to be going home..after years of being here I am now starting to "crawl the walls"!!!!!...good luck..and hope all three start a bidding race for your home
Jackie
Old May 19th 2008, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cherry6
I cant wait for decent fish and chips. I am going to find the nearest chippy to Heathrow airport and fill my face when i get back. Oh for decent chips, with lashings of salt and vinegar.........
Hi Cherry, I have those Chat Mags if you want them?...first thing I would like (list is to long to mention) is Walkers Cheese and Onion Crisps, and visit the "chippy" near my father in laws and have Curry,Rice and Peas....in a tray eating it on the way home....bliss....such a simple person that I am!!!!...loads more I would love to do but it would take me all day to write the list!!!!!!
Take care
Jackie
Old May 19th 2008, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Renie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really nice

Originally Posted by brits1
Hi Cherry, I have those Chat Mags if you want them?...first thing I would like (list is to long to mention) is Walkers Cheese and Onion Crisps, and visit the "chippy" near my father in laws and have Curry,Rice and Peas....in a tray eating it on the way home....bliss....such a simple person that I am!!!!...loads more I would love to do but it would take me all day to write the list!!!!!!
Take care
Jackie
I hate all this cleaning and gardening if you call it that....bloody dusty job and back to square one again tomorrow, the leaves never stop dropping all f...... year. P..ses me off, its so not funny anymore, but like to read all your posts, keeps me going knowing I am not alone.
Old May 19th 2008, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Renie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Renie
I hate all this cleaning and gardening if you call it that....bloody dusty job and back to square one again tomorrow, the leaves never stop dropping all f...... year. P..ses me off, its so not funny anymore, but like to read all your posts, keeps me going knowing I am not alone.
The only good news is we are all healthy and the exchange rate
Old May 20th 2008, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

isleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really nice

Well our home is on the Market.... we have had most of the agents south of the river coming "through" our home....most were "cheeky" to say the least on their valuations!!! anyway picked an Agent who if anything I found "nice" and experienced and dare I say "honest"...hope it's the rights choice...I got sick of Agents saying "Homes are now falling at a big rate in price"....when what they really mean "For the first time in years we have to really work for our money"!!!!!? I know it's a slow market and I know the reasons why but we are not going to "give our house away" at some of the valuations we were given....so fingers crossed we will get a fair price and head off home....I am anxious now.....not because it's all "happening" or we are having "doubts"...but in case we cannot sell our lovely house here and be heading home soon.....Good luck to everyone who is in the same situation...wherever you are in the world......
Best of luck with the house sale....lets hope we still have sven at City next season for you all.....
Old May 20th 2008, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

lorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you Lorids...I am so "chuffed" you are enjoying being home!!! I have everything crossed and I am staying positive.......I do wish we had sold last year but as per usual the time was wrong (our home was not finished anyway)!!! if we cannot sell we will have to rent.....not ideal......I would like to be home for Aug but at this stage as long as I am home asap it does not matter.....I would like to show my OH the Edinburgh Tatoo....I just loved it when I went many years ago!! Not long now until your OH joins you...I bet you have really missed each other...it's hard I know but in some ways it really makes you appreciate each other.......
All the best and take care in Bonny Scotland.....
Jackie

Hi Jackie

We are actually renting here in Aberdeen and have leased our Perth house out and I thought it would be a nightmare but in fact it seems to be ok and we still have a foot in the property market albeit the Australian one, and perhaps the Perth one may be better than UK in the long term. Will hopefully catch a bargain next year here if prices continue to fall and will decide then whether to sell Australia. But certainly any anxiety re the house situation is more than outweighed by how much happier the children are, how I can now see the future again for us which seems so exciting and filled with so many opportunities...definitely a vision I lost in Australia big time. Beautiful day yesterday and went for a hillwalk up Bennachie with my middle boy who had a day off school..honestly scenery and weather which could never be beaten.

Just be focused on the end point and imagine the beauty of being 'home'

LDS
Old May 20th 2008, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by isleofmanmike
Best of luck with the house sale....lets hope we still have sven at City next season for you all.....
I know...8-1 and it was dire to watch...I know some City fans think Sven plays to safe sometimes...but you know the old saying "Better safe than sorry"!!!! Europe (hopefully) here we come!!!!..how is your move going?....okay I hope and hope you all settle in well.....
Old May 20th 2008, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lorids
Hi Jackie

We are actually renting here in Aberdeen and have leased our Perth house out and I thought it would be a nightmare but in fact it seems to be ok and we still have a foot in the property market albeit the Australian one, and perhaps the Perth one may be better than UK in the long term. Will hopefully catch a bargain next year here if prices continue to fall and will decide then whether to sell Australia. But certainly any anxiety re the house situation is more than outweighed by how much happier the children are, how I can now see the future again for us which seems so exciting and filled with so many opportunities...definitely a vision I lost in Australia big time. Beautiful day yesterday and went for a hillwalk up Bennachie with my middle boy who had a day off school..honestly scenery and weather which could never be beaten.

Just be focused on the end point and imagine the beauty of being 'home'

LDS
Thank you....I know what you mean about the future...Australia seems "limited" for us in that respect.....we want our sons to know more about the "outside" world other than Australia and that can be a pretty hard thing to to here.....our sons may want to try America, Europe even the Middle East for their line of work (whatever that may be) but I think it will be a lo more easier in the U.K to achieve things like this than Aus......our boys really miss their familis (always have) they feel like "only children" but they know they are not.....I think York will be the first place our 17year old wants to revisit...and our younger son just wants to see Man City play home games (as does our elder son) along with their cousns and friends...little things like that add up to Aus never really being "home" to us......I cannot wait to go walking on the Moors near where we lived.....our dog would love that.....and all the Olde Worlde villages......just the choice of the old and the new....
Good luck and hopefully the U.K will have a lovely summer!!!
ps Have you ever been to Gairloch on the West Coast of Scotland?....we eloped to Gretna Green to be married and spent a week travelling up the West Coast of Scotland and the Beach at Gairloch was just perfect....straight out of a story book I kid you not..plus the weather was glorious....(July).......oh they were the days!!!!!!!
Old May 20th 2008, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

isleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really nice

I know...8-1 and it was dire to watch...I know some City fans think Sven plays to safe sometimes...but you know the old saying "Better safe than sorry"!!!! Europe (hopefully) here we come!!!!..how is your move going?....okay I hope and hope you all settle in well.....
Hi Jackie

Just read lorids post for you.....must be very encouraging to see how they have settled and enjoying the UK....I love hillwalking to, there is no finer place in the world than UK for scenery and great hill and mountain walks. I don't think sven will be our manager next season, A mate of mine told me yesterday that the city owner has wrote to ALL the city players telling them that they are all for sale....no wonder we got beat 8-1. its the never ending saga of city..when will it end.

The move went really well, we are loving living in Peel, the new house we have bought is probably the nicest home we have had, even better than our houses in Perth.....the weather has been fantastic aswell. So there is hope for returnees to the UK to eventually get their dream home...it may take a few years but with determination and hard work it can be done.

I hope the house sale goes well for you.....I am sure you will keep ua all informed.
Old May 21st 2008, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by isleofmanmike
Hi Jackie

Just read lorids post for you.....must be very encouraging to see how they have settled and enjoying the UK....I love hillwalking to, there is no finer place in the world than UK for scenery and great hill and mountain walks. I don't think sven will be our manager next season, A mate of mine told me yesterday that the city owner has wrote to ALL the city players telling them that they are all for sale....no wonder we got beat 8-1. its the never ending saga of city..when will it end.

The move went really well, we are loving living in Peel, the new house we have bought is probably the nicest home we have had, even better than our houses in Perth.....the weather has been fantastic aswell. So there is hope for returnees to the UK to eventually get their dream home...it may take a few years but with determination and hard work it can be done.

I hope the house sale goes well for you.....I am sure you will keep ua all informed.
Great news about your move!!! I must admit my threads have been a bit "off" really as I have had a bit of "stick" now "friends" know our home is on the market (and mainly because the for sale sign is up)....even the mechanic yesterday (to service our car) originally from Warrington said we were mad to go home to "that dump"......anyway I am staying positive......that's bad news about the letter to City players......hope it all gets "sorted" out soon. I watched the Utd v Chelsea game last night....what a way to win/loose a game....not sure how I feel about Utd winning....being a football fan you have to hold you hat to Fergie.....has a brillian record...may the good times role for City soon....the fans derserve it!!!!
Good luck with all the unpacking...and hopefully the weather holds....we had heavy rain last night with some Thunder...it is nice to have a change from the sun though.....honestly!!!! it;s like that for the next few days....we need the rain....and it's nice to see the grass a greener colour.....
Cannot wait to walk on the moors again.....a lot of our family are off to York races next week and staying over.....that's the kind of things we miss.....
All the best and hope your not letting your partner do all the unpacking!!!!
Jackie
Old May 22nd 2008, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jackie

I am one of the few 'City' supporters who do not hate United, I think this is because after living in Aussie for 15 years I was very patriotic about being a Mancunian and did'nt mind watching United on TV and always wanted them to win....my city mates here think I am mad and call united the 'scum'

It was a great game, all the pubs on the IOM were heaving, I watched a bit in my local then the rest at a mates house in Peel......don't like penalties though and don't agree with them being used in major tourmaments.
Old May 23rd 2008, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see more Man City fans on here too Jackie & Isleofmanmike! although there is little to put thumbsup for with their performance this season

Hoping your house sells Jackie........in fact, wishing everyone who has their house on the market in the hope of getting home soon this year the very best of luck.

Ruby x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.