Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Ok - so what do you think about 'biscuits and gravy'?

View Poll Results: Biscuits and gravy - your vote
Eeeeew! How disgusting!
43.55%
Great stuff, gimme more!
41.94%
Never tried it, the look and smell put me off!
14.52%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Ok - so what do you think about 'biscuits and gravy'?

Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:07 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ok - so what do you think about 'biscuits and gravy'?

The last meal I ate on British soil was a good old fry up .....expensive as all hell at Manchester airport ...but double helpings of black pudding and of course hp sauce made it a meal to remember
Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:08 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I never had it 'til I moved to the Midwest-it's not a New England thing. But I like it fine.

i bet your OH is glad you like it...the biscuits and gravy i mean
Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:12 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul1968mcr
how can they be eaten for breakfast??????

went to a real dodgy grill for breakfast with one of the guys from work, he ordered us a Man's Breakfast.

2 plates each arrived PILED high with omlette, runny eggs, ham and bacon and a plate full of biscuits and white gravy. He mixed all the lot into a runny swill and ate it all.

I managed 1/2 an omlette and the ham - I honestly have never quite felt sooo ill watching someone eat.
Mix it up! That's the way you eat another one of my favorite greasy spoon breakfast items... Behold, The "Slinger"...
Attached Thumbnails Ok - so what do you think about 'biscuits and gravy'?-slinger_at_diner_grill%5B2%5D.jpg  
Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:14 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
i bet your OH is glad you like it...the biscuits and gravy i mean
Yes, although I don't make 'em.
But he is a funny guy- we HAVE to go to Cracker Barrel every Friday night so he can get his fish (cod) and chips. They say biscuits or cornbread and it's biscuits for him-he won't touch corn bread.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Mix it up! That's the way you eat another one of my favorite greasy spoon breakfast items... Behold, The "Slinger"...
Looks like a cow pat.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:23 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Looks like a cow pat.
Like the biscuits and cornbread with jam and butter gravy is bland and tasteless
Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:25 pm
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Arrrrghhhh....I forgot about the bleached slug hash browns, those tasteless dry part boiled shreads of spuds were in there too.

I'm gonna hurl!
Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of

What about grits?

"One bowl of gruel please".
Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:28 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Looks like a cow pat.
Well, there's an all-beef patty in it! Some people call it St. Louis' gift to the world, but I don't think it's caught on yet... Here's a little history...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slinger

"The Slinger is a Midwestern diner specialty typically consisting of two eggs, hash browns, and a hamburger patty (or any other meat) all covered in chili (with or without beans) and generously topped with cheese and onions. The eggs can be any style. The Slinger is considered to be a St. Louis late-night culinary original. It is described as "a hometown culinary invention that might account for St. Louis' high rate of heart disease: a mishmash of meat, hash-fried potatoes, eggs, and chili, sided with your choice of ham, sausage, bacon, hamburger patties, or an entire flippin' T-bone steak. It's dirt cheap, damn good and a drunk's dream." [1]"

You can also add white sausage gravy to it...
Attached Thumbnails Ok - so what do you think about 'biscuits and gravy'?-yin-yang.jpg  
Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:29 pm
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
The last meal I ate on British soil was a good old fry up .....expensive as all hell at Manchester airport ...but double helpings of black pudding and of course hp sauce made it a meal to remember
manchester airport - bet the server was Polish.

Black Pud' is the one food I missed out on when I went home....It's funny, when I describe it to the Americans at work, they turn pale!!! Ha Ha Ha! Revenge!!
Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Ok - so what do you think about 'biscuits and gravy'?

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
....or 'tasteless scones with flour and bacon/sausage grease', as I prefer to call them.

The most disgusting food source known to man, IMHO, am I alone?
The so-called "biscuits" are ok but the gravy?? Yuk

I'll never forget the look on my ex's face after she first tried Marmite. Was priceless. Suffice to say, she didn't like it much! I love it myself.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:45 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

the only thing to have with biscuits is a cup of PG tips, and the only thing to have with Gravy is chips.

Everyone who says different is just wrong.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:47 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ededed
the only thing to have with biscuits is a cup of PG tips, and the only thing to have with Gravy is chips.

Everyone who says different is just wrong.
sorry it's mayo with chips for me or curry sauce
Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:54 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

I like sausage biscuits, but not the gravy. I would rather have a proper bacon butty mind.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:57 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit3964
I'll never forget the look on my ex's face after she first tried Marmite. Was priceless. Suffice to say, she didn't like it much! I love it myself.
Is that why she's your ex?

Seriously though, has anyone found an American that actually like Marmite? All the ones that I have let try it have turned their noses up. Then they go and eat PB & J. There is something very wrong there...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.