Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Ok - so what do you think about 'biscuits and gravy'?

View Poll Results: Biscuits and gravy - your vote
Eeeeew! How disgusting!
43.55%
Great stuff, gimme more!
41.94%
Never tried it, the look and smell put me off!
14.52%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Ok - so what do you think about 'biscuits and gravy'?

Old Oct 6th 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ok - so what do you think about 'biscuits and gravy'?

....or 'tasteless scones with flour and bacon/sausage grease', as I prefer to call them.

The most disgusting food source known to man, IMHO, am I alone?
Old Oct 6th 2008, 4:11 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ok - so what do you think about 'biscuits and gravy'?

love the biscuits but not the white gravy, just a nice spicy sausage pattie in the middle and a side order of bacon pls

my mil made the best home made biscuits and sausage bless her
Old Oct 6th 2008, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I like biscuits now too, like TB not sure about the white gravy, but like them with the gravy from KFC
Old Oct 6th 2008, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of

I don't like the look of the "biscuits", but I like the gravy.

I loooooove chicken fried steak and country gravy.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 4:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Marty J
I don't like the look of the biscuits, but I like the gravy.

I loooooove chicken fried steak and country gravy.
now i love the irish fresh baked soda bread...that's great for a bacon sarnie
Old Oct 6th 2008, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
....or 'tasteless scones with flour and bacon/sausage grease', as I prefer to call them.

I'm the native USC in the relationship (and from the South to boot) and I absolutely CANNOT stomach biscuits and gravy. I can't stand buttermilk biscuits, and I don't like sausage thus I hate the gravy.

However, my Brit OH loves it!! <insert vomit smiley here>
Old Oct 6th 2008, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TruBrit
now i love the irish fresh baked soda bread...that's great for a bacon sarnie
Soda bread is the best; I love it with bacon and lots of HP sauce.

Everyone in the states looks at me funny when I mention soda bread. I think they think it's made with Pepsi or something.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

My mum used to make soda scones they were scrumptious even better if you grill cheese on them.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 4:57 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36

Biscuits and gravy.... I could jump into a swimming pool of it and eat my way out.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 4:58 pm
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute

how can they be eaten for breakfast??????

went to a real dodgy grill for breakfast with one of the guys from work, he ordered us a Man's Breakfast.

2 plates each arrived PILED high with omlette, runny eggs, ham and bacon and a plate full of biscuits and white gravy. He mixed all the lot into a runny swill and ate it all.

I managed 1/2 an omlette and the ham - I honestly have never quite felt sooo ill watching someone eat.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:00 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Biscuits and gravy.... I could jump into a swimming pool of it and eat my way out.
backstroke or crawl

Used to think it looked disgusting....tried the wife's home cooked version and its not half bad ....lots of sausage and black pepper ....
Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:02 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paul1968mcr
how can they be eaten for breakfast??????

went to a real dodgy grill for breakfast with one of the guys from work, he ordered us a Man's Breakfast.

2 plates each arrived PILED high with omlette, runny eggs, ham and bacon and a plate full of biscuits and white gravy. He mixed all the lot into a runny swill and ate it all.

I managed 1/2 an omlette and the ham - I honestly have never quite felt sooo ill watching someone eat.

yep greasy spoons everywhere....find a good breakfast restaurant and you'll be ok although i still can't do the white gravy.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Marty J
Soda bread is the best; I love it with bacon and lots of HP sauce.

Everyone in the states looks at me funny when I mention soda bread. I think they think it's made with Pepsi or something.
the best i've eaten was in belfast, delicious and yes HP sauce is the way to go
Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:05 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I had never had it 'til I moved to the Midwest-it's not a New England thing. But I like it fine.

DH LOVES biscuits although he hasn't tried 'em with the sausage gravy.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The best biscuits IMO are dark chocolate digestives...with a nice cuppa tea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.