Reload this Page >

Moving Back As a Single Parent

Wikiposts

Moving Back As a Single Parent

Old Aug 9th 2013, 6:21 am
Just Joined

KaterinaK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving Back As a Single Parent

searching on the internet I came across to this thread..I am so glad it had a great ending!

I remember sitting in my room as a kid...and daydreaming about being in UK...I always felt it was "my home"!
at 19 years old I decided to leave my country.Parents were shouting...I managed to persuade them I will just visit(lies...I took all I wanted with me plus an advert for a house they wanted to rent in a few months)
when I visited the lady and told her I will stay in a hostel or something like that until Sept where she wanted me to move in she freaked out and let me stay immediately(cause it was June..)
I stayed for 4 lovely years..wanted to leave for a little while to finish my studies quicker but ended up getting stuck to my country due to many commitments...
now I finally returned but as a single parent...I find it dead hard to get a proper job...very hard to see how I will arrange childcare around it as most nurseries dont have space (i registered my son to one for 15 free hours but if I get a job how will that fit around my hours...they said they have no more hours left for him to attend if i want to )... We are in an empty house sleeping on the floor and living on asda value range and second hand items from ebay or charity shops....I am very stressed out and sad to see all wonderful jobs that want me are either in London or they want me to have a car etc...I hope to find something soon...and if we win the habitual residency test too that would be great....
I hope we will have the nice ending too...I wish that to all of the single mums that are struggling
Old Aug 10th 2013, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KaterinaK
searching on the internet I came across to this thread..I am so glad it had a great ending!

I remember sitting in my room as a kid...and daydreaming about being in UK...I always felt it was "my home"!
at 19 years old I decided to leave my country.Parents were shouting...I managed to persuade them I will just visit(lies...I took all I wanted with me plus an advert for a house they wanted to rent in a few months)
when I visited the lady and told her I will stay in a hostel or something like that until Sept where she wanted me to move in she freaked out and let me stay immediately(cause it was June..)
I stayed for 4 lovely years..wanted to leave for a little while to finish my studies quicker but ended up getting stuck to my country due to many commitments...
now I finally returned but as a single parent...I find it dead hard to get a proper job...very hard to see how I will arrange childcare around it as most nurseries dont have space (i registered my son to one for 15 free hours but if I get a job how will that fit around my hours...they said they have no more hours left for him to attend if i want to )... We are in an empty house sleeping on the floor and living on asda value range and second hand items from ebay or charity shops....I am very stressed out and sad to see all wonderful jobs that want me are either in London or they want me to have a car etc...I hope to find something soon...and if we win the habitual residency test too that would be great....
I hope we will have the nice ending too...I wish that to all of the single mums that are struggling
Wishing you all the very best. It is doubly hard for single parents; I know/knew it well.
Hope your situation improves, I'm sure with time it will.

Good luck to you
Old Aug 12th 2013, 1:15 am
BE Newbie

Back2Blighty is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to say KaterinaK and that it can be done, I am living proof of that. I too am living on donated items and charity shop finds but I have my daughter and we will survive.

There is Gingerbread as well who can give advice and have loads of information on their website.

Keep taking it one day at a time and remember to be kind to yourself.

Back2Blighty
Old Aug 14th 2013, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Missed the job news B2B - really well done there!!! Onwards and upwards don't they say?!