Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back to claim benefits

Moving back to claim benefits

Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moving back to claim benefits

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I agree with some of what you've said. I must say I really wanted to delete the 'dear' out of your posts...it is such a condescending word to use in that context.
I know...that's why I used it...couldn't resist and will have to rise above that but I have been called a troll in poo...which I thought I took pretty well.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:24 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

I would not pop home for healthcare...then again I would not stay in the USA if health was a very large problem...not just for a member of my family in the USA...but for the ones left in the UK...for one if I or the kids were that sick I would go home to be with family...and again if a family member were sick in the UK I would if need be take care of them there if I could to stop them becoming a burden on the system...it works both ways sometimes...
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by loopylorns
The NHS is being drained because of fat cats not people on benefits.

Have you ever worked IN an NHS hospital ward?
There are far more people on benefits than fat cats. I disagree with both...to an extent.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:27 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phil01
I know...that's why I used it...couldn't resist and will have to rise above that but I have been called a troll in poo...which I thought I took pretty well.
if you dish you have to be able to take. its a lesson I have had to learn.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

My final note on this thread is I am not anti families at all nor am I a snob, just expressing my personal opinion and I am sorry if people have taken it the wrong way...but that is down to your own interpretation of what I have said, not necessarily the way I meant it. Very interesting though that some people have read into their own situations that if they claim benefits they are spongers...not my interpretation your own!

I would rather my tax money was directed to more worthy causes such as the elderly and especially terminally or chronically ill people, I think baby bonuses are sheer indulgence and top up benefits are not the best idea in the world when there are so many deserving people that that money would make a real difference too.

If people feel they are more deserving of the tax payers dosh to help them through a rough patch than a cancer patient get the life saving drugs they need then as put earlier by someone else there but for the grace of God go I, let's hope that when you or a family member need real help it is there, because for so many it isn't. The system clearly can't support the claimants otherwise those waiting for treatments wouldn't be waiting and there would be no question on getting the expensive drugs needed to treat breast cancer.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

For a newbie you certainly know how to win friends and influence people.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

I don't resort to name calling...prefer to argue the facts but have realised when people are unable to do that they prefer name calling.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:35 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I don't resort to name calling...prefer to argue the facts but have realised when people are unable to do that they prefer name calling.
I thought you were bowing out of this thread?
BE Enthusiast

he he I know...just a bit of controversy...livened up a dull couple of days
BE Enthusiast

I am bye bye
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:41 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

the problem was they weren't facts, they were your opinion and a patronising blinkered one at that. I didn't call you names, I said you had a snobbish attitude. If I had called you a stuck up snobby cow then that would have been calling you names but I don't do that.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
I thought you were bowing out of this thread?
Her username should be DyingSwan.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:58 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Moving back to claim benefits

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Not if you're still in the US they won't. Do you have any idea how much it costs to live in a US nursing home Dee?
Nursing homes aren't free in the UK either - only the medical care is.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 12:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Mallory
Nursing homes aren't free in the UK either - only the medical care is.
There are people who go into nursing homes in the UK and don't pay anything...apart from their pension.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

Jessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud of

I think there's a bit of misplaced anger here. I blame governments for the lack of money put in to much needed services including new cancer drugs and the like not those who claim benefits. Governments of modern world countries are not poor and there is plenty of money to provide a decent system for all sorts of situations be it unemployment, illness or whatever. If the system is lacking in certain areas the blame lies with those who control the system and the money that is spent on it.

To pick and choose what is a more worthy cause than another is by definition judgemental.

My final note on this thread is I am not anti families at all nor am I a snob, just expressing my personal opinion and I am sorry if people have taken it the wrong way...but that is down to your own interpretation of what I have said, not necessarily the way I meant it. Very interesting though that some people have read into their own situations that if they claim benefits they are spongers...not my interpretation your own!

I would rather my tax money was directed to more worthy causes such as the elderly and especially terminally or chronically ill people, I think baby bonuses are sheer indulgence and top up benefits are not the best idea in the world when there are so many deserving people that that money would make a real difference too.

If people feel they are more deserving of the tax payers dosh to help them through a rough patch than a cancer patient get the life saving drugs they need then as put earlier by someone else there but for the grace of God go I, let's hope that when you or a family member need real help it is there, because for so many it isn't. The system clearly can't support the claimants otherwise those waiting for treatments wouldn't be waiting and there would be no question on getting the expensive drugs needed to treat breast cancer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.