Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Living close to London...mistake?

Wikiposts

Living close to London...mistake?

Old Aug 13th 2006, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living close to London...mistake?

Originally Posted by Mercedes
You really need to get that broom that is sticking up your arse, out. Now I'm being rude, just so you understand when I'm joking and when I'm not.

I wasn't stereotyping, it was a joke, you stupid woman. I actually don't generally sterotype, people are people, I generally don't give a shit what you are as long as you aren't killing other or physically hurting them.
You know Mercedes, you tend to get a wee bit nasty when proven wrong about something and are unable to backtrack your way back to being perfect. You were stereotyping me as an ignorant American as much as you were stereotyping Pakistanis as scum... It's not hard to get your number sweetie, I've met a few like you in my life. For the most part you are subtle in your insulting commentary until you are called on it and shown the baldfaced truth for what it truely is. Ugly. As mama always said.......you've shown your ass dear, now pull your panties back up and act like a big girl now.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 5:06 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercedes
I delibrately didn't use Islamic extremist or Muslim, because by using that word it is putting the spot light on the muslims throughout the world. Everytime that word is used it is causing problems to other innocent muslims. People probably don't think of that when they use it either, that there are innocent muslims dying throughout the world and more may die in the future, the more it is used, because it is stirring up hate!!
Change Islamic Extremist or muslim for Pakistani and the exact same argument still stands in the above statement.

Bottom line, terrorists plotting to blow up planes are scum and don't need anything else added to the label.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 5:48 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidb
A Buddhist/Communist - I think they are a rare species Cape Blue!

My British pholosophy is tolerence (please do not accuse me of being intolerent because I refuse to hug people who are intolerent murderers), democracy and a lack of govt interference in peoples lives. There are millions of immigrants in Britain who subscribe to these ideals and pursue their own lives and religions peacably and in harmony with the whole of society. So I agree that within our pluralistic society there is room for all manner of views and ideals. There is not however room for people who want to destroy our freedom through the use of indiscrimate murder and whether you like it or not these people are mainly Pakastani Muslims, and are without a shadow of doubt, to quote Mercedes, SCUM.
If they were born in Britain, raised in Britain and have British passports - they are British. They may not have the same philosophy as you (or indeed I) nor the same religion, they may (if guilty) indeed be scum - but they are British scum. Pretending otherwise is ridiculous and deluded.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scout
You know Mercedes, you tend to get a wee bit nasty when proven wrong about something and are unable to backtrack your way back to being perfect. You were stereotyping me as an ignorant American as much as you were stereotyping Pakistanis as scum... It's not hard to get your number sweetie, I've met a few like you in my life. For the most part you are subtle in your insulting commentary until you are called on it and shown the baldfaced truth for what it truely is. Ugly. As mama always said.......you've shown your ass dear, now pull your panties back up and act like a big girl now.
I haven't got nasty, trust me on that, you would know if I was being nasty. I'm far from perfect, I was actually trying to explain why I said what I did, but it doesn't seem to make sense to you. Maybe I live in a different world to you. I don't think I'm wrong either, where have I been proven wrong, just because some disagree with me. Some do, some don't. I will stand by my comments, I've just been trying to explain why I said them.

I don't think all Pakistani's are terrorists nor do I think they are all scum. Nor do I think all Irish were terrorists when we were under attack by the IRA. Who I also called Irish Scum, there are Ex IRA in Iraq, I still refer to them as Irish Scum, and I personally love the Irish, in many respect better than I do the English, so there.

Has it actualy occured to you that these Pakistani orginated gentlemen who may have wanted to blow up the British, were actually racist themselves? Isn't the Jihad war of Al Quida racist or discrimintive anyone outside their belief is worthless. Has it actually occured to you that they may think themselves as Pakistani? Therefore labeling them Pakistani Scum would be suitable,ie Scum belonging to Pakistan.

People in reality, not virtual, who know and trust me many do, as they have spent months and weeks with me 24/7 mow me alot better than you do, at the end of the day, I'm lucky that I have thousands of people throughout the world who respect and care for me, I also know that I can ring more people than I can count on my hands and toes, to help me if I'm in trouble and they will jump on a plane to me if I make that call. They also know they can do it to me. I know because it has happened. I don't think many peple can say that, many call people who are aquaintance friends who really they are not, I don't label aquaintances that easily. If I was an ugly or racist person as you would like to beleive me to be, then why would I risk my life helping women of Pakistani orgin, or have gone to countries where there has been a high risk in getting medical supplies to them which include many nationalities and cultures, sometimes on a voluntary basis and no pay.

I will leave you with a thought, a Pakistani woman who I helped who feared for her life from her family, and wanted to be more western, she shouted at her own family that they were stupid Pakistani idiots, and that she hated them. Does that mean she hated all Pakistani people....

Last edited by Mercedes; Aug 13th 2006 at 6:31 am.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
If they were born in Britain, raised in Britain and have British passports - they are British. They may not have the same philosophy as you (or indeed I) nor the same religion, they may (if guilty) indeed be scum - but they are British scum. Pretending otherwise is ridiculous and deluded.
What happens if they think they are at war with you and don't view themselves as British? In other wars what would have happened with British Agents who was giving information to say the Germans that allowed thousands of British people to die. Where they not shot? For treason?
Old Aug 13th 2006, 8:56 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Is a cat born in a kipper tin a cat or a kipper ?
Old Aug 13th 2006, 9:46 am
Just Joined

davidb is an unknown quantity at this point

Cape Blue

If some of us Poms here in Oz, with Aussie citizenship, decided that we were going to, by violent means, re-establish direct rule of the 'colony' by London, what would you call us?

I know what 99.9% of Australians would call us - 'Pommie Bastards'.

By your argument you would probably call us 'Dissafected Australian Citizens'
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:04 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Cape Blue

If some of us Poms here in Oz, with Aussie citizenship, decided that we were going to, by violent means, re-establish direct rule of the 'colony' by London, what would you call us?

Not a direct comparison whatsoever - you are migrants to Aus whereas I (as I have said several times) am talking about people born and bred in the UK.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:12 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Not a direct comparison whatsoever - you are migrants to Aus whereas I (as I have said several times) am talking about people born and bred in the UK.
Ok Cape Blue

If some Poms in Oz, with Aussie citizenship, HAD CHILDREN who decided that THEY were going to, by violent means, re-establish direct rule of the 'colony' by London, what would you call THEM?
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:18 am
Just Joined

Yawn
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:32 am
Democracy advocate

Originally Posted by BAY
Ok Cape Blue

If some Poms in Oz, with Aussie citizenship, HAD CHILDREN who decided that THEY were going to, by violent means, re-establish direct rule of the 'colony' by London, what would you call THEM?
I would call them treasonous Australians and perhaps terrorists, what else would you call them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:35 am
Just Joined

I would call them treasonous Australians and perhaps terrorists, what else would you call them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason
I'm sure you would...........but they'd also be 'Pommie Bastards' to boot.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:40 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Cape Blue

Most Poms in Oz would get called 'pommie bastards' anyway
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
That, My Lord, is a fair point
Old Aug 13th 2006, 5:35 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Funny how they soon get on their high horses about it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.