Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Living close to London...mistake?

Wikiposts

Living close to London...mistake?

Old Aug 14th 2006, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Living close to London...mistake?

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
Nobody thinks they are racist. It's like everyone thinks they have a good sense of humour.
I Know I am not racist. Read back on my past posts and you will see I am very against discrimination or prejudice against someone based on their race.
That is the meaning of racism.
I believe everyone should have the right to peacefully worshop whatever God they choose and go peacefully about their way of life.

However I don't like people blowing up innocent people or forcing their way of life on others. That's one reason I was against the war in Iraq.
That is not racism.
My sense of humour on the other hand is questionable

Last edited by jugsy; Aug 14th 2006 at 4:28 am.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 4:34 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jugsy
I Know I am not racist. Read back on my past posts and you will see I am very against discrimination or prejudice against someone based on their race.
That is the meaning of racism.
I believe everyone should have the right to peacefully worshop whatever God they choose and go peacefully about their way of life.

However I don't like people blowing up innocent people or forcing their way of life on others. That's one reason I was against the war in Iraq.
That is not racism.
My sense of humour on the other hand is questionable
Not picking on you personally, just pointing it out. British subjects all enjoy the same rights. If they break the law, they must be punished, but it does not change their nationality. I'm sure we are all arguing over nothing more than the use of one phrase here, a phrase which, intentionally or not(I hope and believe not), brings back memories of "Paki bashing".
Old Aug 14th 2006, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

I think we all got the picture now....
Old Aug 14th 2006, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassenach
Turn the other cheek as often as you like and keep protecting these tossers ,you will be leaving the legacy of a britain living under sharia law .Still i dont suppose it will bother you ,but your children may not like it .
This trash the PC spew makes me want to vomit ,if it was found out that british pakistani want to bomb britain into submition ,i would be the first to give them the cheque to get out and take your trash and hatred back to wherever that maybe .
The PC crowd is making britain a lily livered nation that spends more time worrying about upsetting minorities feelings instead of looking after the majority .
Oh puleeze. Why don't you just come out and give a cheer for White Power? ......I have no problem with arresting suspects of terrorism, giving them a trial and if they are found guilty sentencing them to imprisonment for the rest of their lives. I have no problem of calling them 'Scum' but not 'Pakistani Scum'.... I do have problems with some of the typical attitudes I see that hide behind a flimsy PC Police excuse when dismissing racism or Xenophobia. And by the way there's a couple of suspects that are White Anglo Saxons with British parents and British born.....you seem to be forgetting about them with your defense of the term 'Pakistani Scum'....and Sharia Law??? Those calling for it are about as pathetic and powerless as members of the BNp......a homegrown British Racist Politcal Party......ever hear of it?

I don't have any hatred but it's obvious from your dismisal of my differences in opinion that I am not welcome in your Britain. Tuff I got a visa! The Home Office gave it to me. Deal with it.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

and Sharia Law??? Those calling for it are about as pathetic and powerless as members of the BNp......a homegrown British Racist Politcal Party.
Both pathetic - agreed.
Both powerless - unfortunately not completely. The worry is that both of these extreme views are gaining in popularity.
It won't help to call people either racist or P.C if their views are slightly to the left or right of middle.
Extremism should be shown for what it is as both ends of the scale.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 6:40 am
Just Joined

texasmackem is just really nicetexasmackem is just really nicetexasmackem is just really nicetexasmackem is just really nicetexasmackem is just really nicetexasmackem is just really nicetexasmackem is just really nicetexasmackem is just really nicetexasmackem is just really nicetexasmackem is just really nice

You're living in the greatest city in the world (and no, I'm not from London), terrorists or no terrorists.
I'm in Texas - it's 110 degrees and has been for the last four weeks. Give me terrorist haven London any day of the week.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by texasmackem
You're living in the greatest city in the world (and no, I'm not from London), terrorists or no terrorists.
I'm in Texas - it's 110 degrees and has been for the last four weeks. Give me terrorist haven London any day of the week.
What exactly makes London the "greatest city in the world"??
Old Aug 14th 2006, 6:51 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eurotramp
well we beat the frogs to the 2012 olympic games for a start
Old Aug 14th 2006, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scout
Really? I read it with utter disdain for people that fail to see racism, subtle or blatent.... and people wonder what makes people take the path that leads down the road to something as horrible as terrorism.
Yup, Mercedes' comments were racist. This was underlined by her "doth protest too much" waffle, where she pathetically tried to defend her postion

But, it totally misses the point. I'll settle for the general comment that these people are scum. Of course, we could say this is all to do with Islamic fundamentalism. But, all religions have their extremists. These people are just a bunch of highly impressionable, would-be murderers and losers looking for their moment of "glory"...

Last edited by MikeStanton; Aug 14th 2006 at 6:57 am.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 7:00 am
Just Joined

texasmackem is just really nicetexasmackem is just really nicetexasmackem is just really nicetexasmackem is just really nicetexasmackem is just really nicetexasmackem is just really nicetexasmackem is just really nicetexasmackem is just really nicetexasmackem is just really nicetexasmackem is just really nice

What, other than the incredible history, the majestic architecture, the unparalled diversity, and as correctly pointed out by Trubrit....we beat the frogs to the olympics?
Old Aug 14th 2006, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

What, other than the incredible history, the majestic architecture, the unparalled diversity, and as correctly pointed out by Trubrit....we beat the frogs to the olympics?
So..what are you doing in Texas then?
Old Aug 14th 2006, 7:18 am
Just Joined

davidb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
Yup, Mercedes' comments were racist. This was underlined by her "doth protest too much" waffle, where she pathetically tried to defend her postion
Yup, Mike Stanton you are a prat.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 7:24 am
Just Joined

So..what are you doing in Texas then?
It's a good question.....
I'm in Texas through a series of job moves. They worked out well but I'm not impressed with being surrounded by blinkered god-fearing Republicans. You miss the open-mindedness of Blighty when you're in an environment like this.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 7:28 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Living close to London...mistake?

[QUOTE=eurotramp]Thank you

By the way...what do think about house prises now
QUOTE]

I think house prices are going to continue to go gradually up. The market is still very very buoyant here - agents are selling properties quickly. The conditions aren't right for a "crash", at most they will stagnate and not rise for a while.

I have no axe to grind either... as I am now off the housing ladder.

Buzzy
Old Aug 14th 2006, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

It's a good question.....
I'm in Texas through a series of job moves. They worked out well but I'm not impressed with being surrounded by blinkered god-fearing Republicans. You miss the open-mindedness of Blighty when you're in an environment like this.
Yeah Texas wouldn't be my choice ether...the just loooove their death penalty but lets not go down there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.