Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Living close to London...mistake?

Wikiposts

Living close to London...mistake?

Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:59 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living close to London...mistake?

Originally Posted by Scout
You lumped the entire culture of Pakistan in the the 'scum label' with your first post.
Not true at all. That was your interpretation, which whilst very valid, psychologists might find very interesting if asked to diagnose any racism!

What an interesting read this thread has been.

Last edited by uk+kiwi; Aug 15th 2006 at 8:21 am.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

ImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to behold

Thankyou SallyAnne & HeadingHome ........& HH, life would be very boring if we all agreed all the time.

I know when to ignore nasty hatefilled comments that stand alone of showing what a horse's ass Sassy can be when he's lost an argument.
Claiming victory in an argument is a sign of weakness IMO.
I was shocked when I read the original thread, but after reading Mercedes explanation it all made sense, maybe you should let it drop?
Old Aug 15th 2006, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ImLivingTheDream
Claiming victory in an argument is a sign of weakness IMO.
I was shocked when I read the original thread, but after reading Mercedes explanation it all made sense, maybe you should let it drop?
Maybe you ALL should let it drop ??
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:38 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Thankyou SallyAnne & HeadingHome ........& HH, life would be very boring if we all agreed all the time.

I know when to ignore nasty hatefilled comments that stand alone of showing what a horse's ass Sassy can be when he's lost an argument.
No way have i lost anything ,you are the one on the soap box and being judgemental .You give me a credible idea to resolve the situation of these hate filled scum and i will listen,but to argue over the odd pathetic word to me is atotal and utter waste of time and energy .You have your way i have mine ,mine is you try and blow us up ,you can all take a hike to the place where your utopia is perceived to be .Your way on the other hand is to try and understand why these people want to do such things ,well the simple answer is they dont like us and they want to change us and they are filled with hate and in my book these people are vermin and should be eradicated or exradited .
The sooner you come to terms racism is everywhere and you should know you come from one of the most racist countres anywhere ,but the fact is this arguement in regards to these potential terrorist isnt even racial its about an ideology .
You will always have people on this site who are going to stick by you because you write such flowery crap and say all the right things ,i would make a suggestion to you and go and do a little survey of your own on the streets of britain and see what the general population would like to do with people who try and blow us up .i would put money on it you wont find to many PCs then ,and id put money on it to that they wouldnt be all racist .
You have to remember us brits have lived with terrorism for years ['RA] and we are used to it ,but america is only just getting a taste of it .
For what its worth i think america and britain /australia should have stayed out of iraq and we the general population of these countries are going to reap what our governments have sown but ultimately the americans are to blame as they dragged the brits and aussies into something they can never win ,so when our people die at the hands of these terrrorists i put the blame firmly at the doors of BUSH and his bunch of idiots
Old Aug 16th 2006, 3:40 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sassenach
in regards to these potential terrorist isnt even racial its about an ideology .
Well isn't that the point?

There IS a danger to our way of life, and imo it has been fuelled by allowing religious schools to flourish, and tolerating non-integration of immigrant groups.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 5:05 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sallyanne

There IS a danger to our way of life, and imo it has been fuelled by allowing religious schools to flourish, and tolerating non-integration of immigrant groups.

I agree 100% Sallyanne.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

zoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the rough

but how would we stop allowing religious schools to flourish and how would we make people integrate if they didn't want to without being accused of being racist?
Old Aug 16th 2006, 10:55 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zoe13
but how would we stop allowing religious schools to flourish and how would we make people integrate if they didn't want to without being accused of being racist?

By not being politically correct and laying down the rules about being an immigrant to the UK. Not pandering to the call of racism, but also not allowing people in authority to display or use rascist treatment without serious repercussions.

Citizenship classes made mandatory for all immigrants (including those entering the UK with a British passport) part of which would be a language requirement being met before full citizenship would be confered or confirmed.

Abolish religious schools by banning all religious instructions in schools including removing Religious Knowledge as an O'level/CSE/A level - Ridiculous non qualification.
By not allowing schools to recruit pupils based on their attendance at church/temple/mosque, etc.

By instituting school uniforms for all schools with no deviation from the uniform whatsoever.

By divesting the Church of England of its immense wealth (land ownership) and putting those resources to better use than Synods/conferences and other worthless discussions. This alone would pay for setting up a framework for citizenship requirements and more.

By generally just doing what needs to be done to intergrate people who want to live in the UK, the pertinent word here is want. Anyone who doesnt want to live in a secular UK would be welcome to emigrate to wherever will accept them.

Just a few ideas, none of them PC or apologist.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 2:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kate2112
By not being politically correct and laying down the rules about being an immigrant to the UK. Not pandering to the call of racism, but also not allowing people in authority to display or use rascist treatment without serious repercussions.

Citizenship classes made mandatory for all immigrants (including those entering the UK with a British passport) part of which would be a language requirement being met before full citizenship would be confered or confirmed.

Abolish religious schools by banning all religious instructions in schools including removing Religious Knowledge as an O'level/CSE/A level - Ridiculous non qualification.
By not allowing schools to recruit pupils based on their attendance at church/temple/mosque, etc.

By instituting school uniforms for all schools with no deviation from the uniform whatsoever.

By divesting the Church of England of its immense wealth (land ownership) and putting those resources to better use than Synods/conferences and other worthless discussions. This alone would pay for setting up a framework for citizenship requirements and more.

By generally just doing what needs to be done to intergrate people who want to live in the UK, the pertinent word here is want. Anyone who doesnt want to live in a secular UK would be welcome to emigrate to wherever will accept them.

Now I agree 100%
Old Aug 16th 2006, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

zoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the rough

i don't disagree with any of these, they are sensible ideas and i wish they would work. unfortunately the liberal knitted jumper brigade would be shouting 'racism' from the rooftops and they would wind up so watered down they'd be useless. take the police - they get hammered for being racist and chances are there is a portion of any police force (not just the met) that are properly (like BNP'ers) racist. same as any other profession. anyway, my point is that they get denounced as being racist so they pussyfoot around to try not to get accused of racism investigating crime. then they get accused of being rubbish at investigating 'shame' murders.

now if a copper arrived on the doorstep asking questions of a family whose daughter had been involved with a man of a 'wrong' colour, caste etc and had been found murdered, then i guess that that would be viewed as possibly being racist (as the definition is that if someone 'feels' like they are being threatened or whatever due to their race that is enough to make it racist). so what can they do? they risk being called racist but then they may miss important info relating to a crime. then they get criticised for not investigating that type of crime. they are even advised not to enter premises if there is a lone muslim female (how would they even know?!) as it is disrespectful. well how do they know she is really alone? another wooly jumper idea that can be abused.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 5:47 pm
Account Closed

i don't disagree with any of these, they are sensible ideas and i wish they would work. unfortunately the liberal knitted jumper brigade would be shouting 'racism' from the rooftops and they would wind up so watered down they'd be useless. take the police - they get hammered for being racist and chances are there is a portion of any police force (not just the met) that are properly (like BNP'ers) racist. same as any other profession. anyway, my point is that they get denounced as being racist so they pussyfoot around to try not to get accused of racism investigating crime. then they get accused of being rubbish at investigating 'shame' murders.

now if a copper arrived on the doorstep asking questions of a family whose daughter had been involved with a man of a 'wrong' colour, caste etc and had been found murdered, then i guess that that would be viewed as possibly being racist (as the definition is that if someone 'feels' like they are being threatened or whatever due to their race that is enough to make it racist). so what can they do? they risk being called racist but then they may miss important info relating to a crime. then they get criticised for not investigating that type of crime. they are even advised not to enter premises if there is a lone muslim female (how would they even know?!) as it is disrespectful. well how do they know she is really alone? another wooly jumper idea that can be abused.
I heard (hearsay) that this was a problem with social workers being fobbed off by being told certain practices were "cultural" when in fact they were not - ideally get more police and social workers from these communities. The self-appointed "community leaders" are just causing problems.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

but how do we 'get' more people from different communities to join? we already utilise positive discrimination in recruitment and you can't force people. maybe if there wasn't so much negativity about the police being inherently racist it would be more attractive.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 8:05 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

I agree sallyanne ,but do these immigrants to the uk want to become part of british society just like all the other groups of people over the last 1000 years or do they see them selves as SPECIAL .
I think these people see them selves as special and deserve special treatment and expect us to kowtow to their ways ,well you dont need to be a racist pig to start feeling resentful .My tone may be abrasive and come across as non-concilitory ,but to be honest i have had it up to the eyeballs with these fundamentalist groups and that includes the christian lot too .
The like of benny hinn the american evangelist is nothing but a hate monger and sees himself and his supporters above us mear mortals.
I havent got time and the inclination to try and understand the whys and where falls that makes people like they are ,but i do as a relatively normal human being with 2 great teenage lads and a lovely wife tebooot understand that people who wish too blow their fellow country men apart is not worth trying to understand.

Last edited by sassenach; Aug 16th 2006 at 8:14 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 8:06 pm
Banned

hear hear
Old Aug 16th 2006, 8:11 pm
Banned

but how do we 'get' more people from different communities to join? we already utilise positive discrimination in recruitment and you can't force people. maybe if there wasn't so much negativity about the police being inherently racist it would be more attractive.
The police maybe come across as racist ,but i believe that has as much to with the feelings of white officers on a personl basis .
It also doesnrt help when the black communities lambast one of their own with names like coconut, if they should try and serve the community by going in the police .It would take a person of extreme courage and thick skin to go in the police if they are black ,and blacks that do it should be applauded

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.