Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Living close to London...mistake?

Living close to London...mistake?

Old Aug 11th 2006, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

Heading home is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living close to London...mistake?

What a totally ignorant and racist coment. Two are converts to Islam. Born with British Anglo Saxon names and converted to Islam. All are either British CITIZENS or residents raised and living in Britain. Are true Brits only lily white in your book?
Well said, Scout. I would also point out that the people arrested haven't even been charged with anything yet, far less tried and convicted.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

Heading home is an unknown quantity at this point

Did we make a mistake to move so close to London, considering all the trouble with terrorists?

It worries me, specially when we go down to London or wanting to use the airports....
I can understand how insecure something like this can make you feel, eurotramp. But as others have said, the chances of anything happening to you or your family are very small and London is such a great place to live in other ways.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercedes
They have British passports, they are all Pakistani, I don't think of them as Brits just because they have a British passports. Anyone who wants to blow up 10 passenger planes full of British citizens going on holiday isn't a Brit in my book, they are just Pakistani scum.
Einstein..what if the planes were full of innocent, law-abiding British citizens of Pakistani origin but born and bred in Britain?
Old Aug 11th 2006, 2:21 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

They have British passports, they are all Pakistani, I don't think of them as Brits just because they have a British passports. Anyone who wants to blow up 10 passenger planes full of British citizens going on holiday isn't a Brit in my book, they are just Pakistani scum.
Lovely
Old Aug 11th 2006, 2:26 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eurotramp
I was never keen on moving to London...rater would life in a different part of the country...unfortunate thats were the job was.
Never lived any were near any problems with terrorist what so ever....did not even grow up in this country, nor did my kids.....

Did I hit a nerve some were

you could live in a village in surrey on the waterloo line however i know you don't want to travel outside the m25 so guess this is part of city living ...as you're renting use your time to look around, prices ain't gonna go down...no prob moaning that's not gonna change a thing, good luck
Old Aug 11th 2006, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TruBrit
you could live in a village in surrey on the waterloo line however i know you don't want to travel outside the m25 so guess this is part of city living ...as you're renting use your time to look around, prices ain't gonna go down...no prob moaning that's not gonna change a thing, good luck
First..I dont mind living outside the M25...its hubby who wouldn't do it.....
second.....you are sooooo wrong about house prices
Old Aug 11th 2006, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
just make sure you never look THEM in the eye
Old Aug 11th 2006, 5:29 am
Account Closed

First..I dont mind living outside the M25...its hubby who wouldn't do it.....
second.....you are sooooo wrong about house prices
oh yep it's hubby that doesn't want to commute and who can blame him ......maybe house prices in certain parts of the nth will drop a little over the winter mths but in the London counties i doubt it somehow.....i'll try and find the link i was reading earlier this week however that doesn't really help coz the housing mkt is all just speculation.

Last edited by TruBrit; Aug 11th 2006 at 5:32 am.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TruBrit
oh yep it's hubby that doesn't want to commute and who can blame him ......maybe house prices in certain parts of the nth will drop a little over the winter mths but in the London counties i doubt it somehow.....i'll try and find the link i was reading earlier this week however that doesn't really help coz the housing mkt is all just speculation.
Yes..for every opinion there is something to read about....like this
Old Aug 11th 2006, 5:43 am
Account Closed

Yes..for every opinion there is something to read about....like this
exactly and my article said the complete opposite....think mine was in the F.T.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

whiteor you lily folk, (who says I haven't got
Originally Posted by touchingcloth
Einstein..what if the planes were full of innocent, law-abiding British citizens of Pakistani origin but born and bred in Britain?

why don't you lot read what I've said and not what you think I said. Add another nationality into the scum frame and everyone gets on their own high horses. If they had been IRA I would have said Irish scum, and having Irish in my family, probably no one would have commented.

I have an Australian and British passport and so do many of here. Even though they lived in Australia for years and even those who live there, how many of them think of themselves as Australian, many still think of themselves still as British. Correct? So lets say one of us blew up an Australian plane full of whoever, do you think they would call us Australian scum or British Scum? Holding a passport does not make us that Nationality of that country, its what we think we are that counts. Many on here have slagged off the Australians, Canadians, Americans, yet they are themselves living in that country, and yet they are rude and insultive about the people of that country. You only have to read these boards to see it.

These are the names of those who had plotted to blow up 2000 plus people if not more. Do you not think this would have not been planned monthys ahead and maybe the intelligence services had infliterated them, probably of Pakistani orgin? You think they got their names from a hat?

Umir Hussain, 24, London E14
Muhammed Usman Saddique, 24, London E17
Waheed Zaman, 22, London E17
Assan Abdullah Khan, 22, London E17
Waseem Kayani, 28, High Wycombe
Waheed Arafat Khan, 24, London E17
Cossor Ali, 24, London E17
Tayib Rauf, 21, Birmingham
Ibrahim Savant, 26, London E17
Osman Adam Khatib, 20, London E17
Shamin Mohammed Uddin, 36, Stoke Newington
Amin Asmin Tariq, 23, London E17
Shazad Khuram Ali, 27, High Wycombe
Tanvir Hussain, 24, London E10
Umar Islam, 28, (born Brian Young) High Wycombe
Assad Sarwar, 25, High Wycombe
Abdullah Ali, 26, London E17
Abdul Muneem Patel, 17, London E5
Nabeel Hussain, 21, Waltham Forest

Don't you think that it was racist to want to blow up British and American citizens regardless of their colour? Some were born in UK, some maybe weren't. Do you not think it racist that people are allowed to stand on our street saying how much hatred they had for us. The Pakistan government
said it saw "indications of (an) Afghanistan-based al Qaeda connection" with regard to this plot.

At the end of the day, if people become British, then it is because they want and like to be British, if they don't like us and our way of living they can go and live back in Pakistan, or Afganistan, or wherever they are happy to go. They don't have to kill thousands of innocent people, especially even moreso if they have been brought up in Uk. The government gives out British passports to everyman and his dog, it is easy to get a British passport and many will use it to get into access to other countries, because their own limits them. But as said having a passport doesn't make you that national, its where your head is at. And as said if they want to blow up British people, regardless of who they are, then to me they are not British they are scum of whatever they think they are.....

It was not meant to cause offence to any other Pakistani, or Chinese, or Polish, British African, etc. who consider themselves British and have no intention of ever blowing up the citizens of Britain and love us to bits as a nation. I do not consider them scum...

Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

whiteor you lily folk, (who says I haven't got

why don't you lot read what I've said and not what you think I said. Add another nationality into the scum frame and everyone gets on their own high horses. If they had been IRA I would have said Irish scum, and having Irish in my family, probably no one would have commented.

I have an Australian and British passport and so do many of here. Even though they lived in Australia for years and even those who live there, how many of them think of themselves as Australian, many still think of themselves still as British. Correct? So lets say one of us blew up an Australian plane full of whoever, do you think they would call us Australian scum or British Scum? Holding a passport does not make us that Nationality of that country, its what we think we are that counts. Many on here have slagged off the Australians, Canadians, Americans, yet they are themselves living in that country, and yet they are rude and insultive about the people of that country. You only have to read these boards to see it.

These are the names of those who had plotted to blow up 2000 plus people if not more. Do you not think this would have not been planned monthys ahead and maybe the intelligence services had infliterated them, probably of Pakistani orgin? You think they got their names from a hat?

Umir Hussain, 24, London E14
Muhammed Usman Saddique, 24, London E17
Waheed Zaman, 22, London E17
Assan Abdullah Khan, 22, London E17
Waseem Kayani, 28, High Wycombe
Waheed Arafat Khan, 24, London E17
Cossor Ali, 24, London E17
Tayib Rauf, 21, Birmingham
Ibrahim Savant, 26, London E17
Osman Adam Khatib, 20, London E17
Shamin Mohammed Uddin, 36, Stoke Newington
Amin Asmin Tariq, 23, London E17
Shazad Khuram Ali, 27, High Wycombe
Tanvir Hussain, 24, London E10
Umar Islam, 28, (born Brian Young) High Wycombe
Assad Sarwar, 25, High Wycombe
Abdullah Ali, 26, London E17
Abdul Muneem Patel, 17, London E5
Nabeel Hussain, 21, Waltham Forest

Don't you think that it was racist to want to blow up British and American citizens regardless of their colour? Some were born in UK, some maybe weren't. Do you not think it racist that people are allowed to stand on our street saying how much hatred they had for us. The Pakistan government
said it saw "indications of (an) Afghanistan-based al Qaeda connection" with regard to this plot.

At the end of the day, if people become British, then it is because they want and like to be British, if they don't like us and our way of living they can go and live back in Pakistan, or Afganistan, or wherever they are happy to go. They don't have to kill thousands of innocent people, especially even moreso if they have been brought up in Uk. The government gives out British passports to everyman and his dog, it is easy to get a British passport and many will use it to get into access to other countries, because their own limits them. But as said having a passport doesn't make you that national, its where your head is at. And as said if they want to blow up British people, regardless of who they are, then to me they are not British they are scum of whatever they think they are.....

It was not meant to cause offence to any other Pakistani, or Chinese, or Polish, British African, etc. who consider themselves British and have no intention of ever blowing up the citizens of Britain and love us to bits as a nation. I do not consider them scum...

Absolutely Hilarious ....the biggest load contradictory load of babble I have read!!!!

( I do apologize if you are under 16 )
Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Holding a passport does not make us that Nationality of that country, its what we think we are that counts.
[/size]
I love cheeseburgers...does that make me a national of USA???

You're a class act girl
Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

You can backtrack and explain away until the cows come home, but I stand by my comments Mercedes. What you said was racist and uncalled for.

BTW, I am an American and I have never been offended by any comments made on this forum as I was by yours.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scout
You can backtrack and explain away until the cows come home, but I stand by my comments Mercedes. What you said was racist and uncalled for.

BTW, I am an American and I have never been offended by any comments made on this forum as I was by yours.
Why is it racist. I didn't refer to them as Pakis. I referred to them as Pakistani, which they are, either orginated from or are from Pakistan. So not racist. Not all of them are beleived to be home grown. I would also be interested if those 20 odd men actually consider themselves as British or Pakistani? So if they don't consider themselves British but Pakistani and they were going to blow up 2000 British people, still think I'm racist and it's uncalled for, or is that acceptable if the alleged terrorists would be insulted if you considered them British and considered themselves Pakistani? And if they are terrorists who don't think of themselves as British, but Pakistani, where is the racisim? Since you don't know the people you don't know.

So you are an American, what has that got to do with anything. My cousin is an American, he is in your Navy, sponsored by one of your Presidents to get into Naval school, he will probably die fighting for you in any conflicts your country send him to. However, he was born, bred, and educated in UK, with an American Father who died when he was a toddler, and was brought up in England by his English Mother. All his childhood he wanted to be in the British Navy it was his dream, but the British, oooommmed and araahed about it because of having an American Father, so he told them to get stuffed and came over to your side. So he was born and bred in England, but thinks of himself as an Amercian and is prepared to die for you, rather than his Birth place. Yet he also has a British passport as well as an American. A good example of what someone thinks they are regardless of where they were born and who they are prepared to die for.

Most people who know me wouldn't say I was racist and most would know the context I meant. I tend to shoot from the hip anyway, I don't have a problem in saying what I did, to Pakistani people, in fact I did tonight. I They weren't offended, if fact they agreed with me. But maybe because they know me, I deal with women of Pakistani orgin, some are running away from their families because they want to kill them, for falling in love with the wrong caste, colour etc. They are not safe when they run away. These women are born and bred in a Pakistani culture in a western world and god help them if some of them want to be western. Some are sent back to Pakistan to marry some cousin or stranger their families wants to usually under a pretext on a visit to Grandmother or their relatives, some return some disappear. Do you know what they do to naughty women in Pakistan, they burn them to death, and more bizarre the mother and other member of families helps them. If they are murdered in Uk, guess what the communities hide it from the authorities. If the girl runs away, they may get turned in to their families knowing what is going to happen to them. I've seen a woman have her head chopped off because she dared look at another man, by her husband. Women of British birth etc who are treated like second class citizens in good old blighty.

Some adopt the British way of life and others don't they live in a Pakistani community within UK and its a closed shop in some cases, especially for westerners. If I want to do business with an Pakisani man I have to take a man with me to do the negotiation, they won't deal with me, because I am a woman, and do you think they respect white woman, I don't think so, so isn't that racist as well as sexist. A lot of them think we are trash with low morals. But I am expected to put up with it aren't I, as well as the women in their community, unless of course they escape. Sad in a western country that there are still people who fear for their lives from people of their own culture, even moreso when they fear their own family.

So whether anyone likes it or not, or are offended by it, some of these people themselves do not view themselves as British, regardless if they were born or not. Some will use their time in going to Al Quidas training camps which are based in Pakistan and they will be trained as recruits. They will learn what they want to be able to kill British or American people, and more will die in the future. So I'm sorry but I don't view these people as British, regardless if they have a passport or not. And I'm sure they are not dying as British subject either if you asked them when they decide to kill themselves and anyone who happens to be in the area. But If I'm wrong I will apolgise. As said it was an opinion and how I feel, if it offends tough. I'm offended that so many people may have died this week, based on some religion that has been taken out of proportion, Jesus I could be all night sprouting of what offends me in the world and that affects my life...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.