Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I remember when.................

I remember when.................

Old Mar 23rd 2010, 2:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I remember when.................

Originally Posted by helwardman
We were the same in our house when I was a kid. We had a bath every sunday night (whether we needed it or not!) I'd go in after my sister!

Now I have at least two showers a day.

Our bath night was Friday night, the water was heated by a back boiler from the coal fire so what ever the weather we had to have a coal fire burning to heat the water. I was third to youngest of seven kids and the line to jump in clean yourself and jump out meant that the water was cold and dirty for who ever was last in line.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I remember when Monty Python was a weekly, first run show on TV! It's hard to imagine it now, having seen/heard the sketches hundreds of times, but there was a time when they were brand new. I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as when seeing some of those sketches for the first time. Imagine seeing the 'Spanish Inquisition' sketch for the first time, not knowing what was to come ... 'Trubble up' Mill ... ... Nobody expects ... ' ...
Old Mar 25th 2010, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by traceym
You walked up to the telly, pressed on, selected from 1, 2 or 3, sat down and watched.

Having spent the day packing for a house move I decided to sit down with a cuppa before starting the tea.

I hardly ever watch telly but I thought I'd have a look, what am I faced with...........

1 Telly, cant find a single button on it.
5 Boxes of various shapes and sizes underneath, flashing like Nassa Mission Control.
3 Remotes.

45 minutes later I'm sitting here with a blank screen, I had some sound for 2 minutes, and a picture of a sunflower for a nanosecond.

Right rant over I'm off to cook the tea.
There's a message in there!The tv was doing you a favour!