Wikiposts

Greetings from the UK

Old Dec 1st 2007, 1:46 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greetings from the UK

Originally Posted by Bob
hmmm....my mother rang, and talked about that place...apparently new management took over and they renovated the place so it's a bit larger and a bit modern and people aren't happy with it and think it a bit poo now, that and service is done by numpty students who aren't very good....but the food is still supposed to be good...

just weird hearing of how many of my old locals are now under new management or just been closed...shame.
Yeah, I heard all about the re-vamp. I haven't been there since they did it, but I've heard nothing but good reviews so far. I guess the proof of the pudding is in the eating, I'll go there at some point & let you know what I think!
Old Dec 1st 2007, 10:58 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greetings from the UK

Originally Posted by Partystar
Yeah, I heard all about the re-vamp. I haven't been there since they did it, but I've heard nothing but good reviews so far. I guess the proof of the pudding is in the eating, I'll go there at some point & let you know what I think!
aye, well the old biddies and locals...well my mother and her cronies weren't to impressed with the re-vamp...the food and beer is still top class though

Another good pub towards Abingdon, I think it's called the Wishing Well or Under the Bridge? anyway, just past the roundabout on the left as you are going to Abingdon is awesome, great music on the weekends too, not to loud etc...just not sure of the name as there's quite a few pubs in that area....but use to be a monks housing or something, donkey of years old.