Greetings from the UK

Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:13 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greetings from the UK

Originally Posted by Dan725
Thanks Bob, I'll check out LB's. There is a very good curry house in Summertown called the Spice Lounge, went there last week.

Eagle and Child pub has been the one of choice so far, although where I'm living you really are spoilt for choice!
Freuds is nice for a drink, that's where our bosses used to take us to get drunk when we met our end of year targets! Good times, good times!
Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:15 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye....plenty of good pubs....I use to live in Old Marston, in the middle of five pubs, though one of them has closed down now apparently...but the Victoria Arms is pretty nice in spring, just punt down the river to it, nice in winter too but the food does go down hill a bit over the summer....oh and if your in Jericho, your not that far from the Trout, and that really is one of the best pubs around for food
I was just going to suggest The Trout, I love that pub.

http://www.thetroutoxford.co.uk/
Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:18 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Sharlene
Well said, as a Bahamian living in the USA for 32 years by way of NY, NJ & now FL I am so looking forward to my new life in the UK. I thought the weather would get to me, the unfriendly people would bother me, but in the end; its how I react to these situations that will determine the outcome of my mood. So I joyfully await to start my new life because at the end of the day; a house is not a home if there is no one there awaiting your arrival.
Well, it looks like this area is the place to be, you're the fourth person I've noticed lately that's moving to this area. There are another 2 living/moving to Northampton & I'm only 25 miles away in Banbury. I love living back here, it's a dream come true! We should all get together for a BE drink!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:31 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Are you thinking of Hussain's?

Was in Oxford on Friday, ended up getting a £100 parking ticket. Tyler threw up all over himself, so we were held up. I doubt they'll let me off for that, but I've got to at least try.
hussain's? errr...no, isn't he the bloke behind that place on the cowley road or is that poona-na in town? LB's, best spot for breakfast or at the end of the day when you buy something and they'll give you pretty much everything they have left over so they don't have to chuck it out
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you thinking of Hussain's?

Was in Oxford on Friday, ended up getting a £100 parking ticket. Tyler threw up all over himself, so we were held up. I doubt they'll let me off for that, but I've got to at least try.
I've noticed the traffic wardens really take their job seriously here! And they are all over the place, you can't walk more than a couple of hundered metres without bumping into one.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:39 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Dan725
I've noticed the traffic wardens really take their job seriously here! And they are all over the place, you can't walk more than a couple of hundered metres without bumping into one.
I know, it's crazy. I had a close call the other, I nearly bumped into one...but the curb was too high for my Honda Civic!!!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:44 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Bob
hussain's? errr...no, isn't he the bloke behind that place on the cowley road or is that poona-na in town? LB's, best spot for breakfast or at the end of the day when you buy something and they'll give you pretty much everything they have left over so they don't have to chuck it out
Hussain's is the massive kebab van that's always parked in St Giles' on a Friday & Saturday night. Devin loved their chilli sauce!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Hussain's is the massive kebab van that's always parked in St Giles' on a Friday & Saturday night. Devin loved their chilli sauce!
Might be a new van...could never read the name of it when I last went
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:16 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Bob
Might be a new van...could never read the name of it when I last went
I'll look out for it next time I'm out on the piss in Oxford!!!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 1:55 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

I was just going to suggest The Trout, I love that pub.

http://www.thetroutoxford.co.uk/
hmmm....my mother rang, and talked about that place...apparently new management took over and they renovated the place so it's a bit larger and a bit modern and people aren't happy with it and think it a bit poo now, that and service is done by numpty students who aren't very good....but the food is still supposed to be good...

just weird hearing of how many of my old locals are now under new management or just been closed...shame.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 1:56 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
hmmm....my mother rang, and talked about that place...apparently new management took over and they renovated the place so it's a bit larger and a bit modern and people aren't happy with it and think it a bit poo now, that and service is done by numpty students who aren't very good....but the food is still supposed to be good...

just weird hearing of how many of my old locals are now under new management or just been closed...shame.
it's just not the same without you there Bob.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 2:11 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

DH is winging his way there now as we speak. Nice break for a week for him with family and new granddaughter.

The best thing was he said yes, he was happy to be going, but he would be just as happy coming back to me. Can't ask for more than that.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 2:20 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
DH is winging his way there now as we speak. Nice break for a week for him with family and new granddaughter.

The best thing was he said yes, he was happy to be going, but he would be just as happy coming back to me. Can't ask for more than that.
Aaww, he obviously knows just what to say Cindy
Old Dec 1st 2007, 2:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hang in there Cindy...

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Dec 1st 2007 at 2:31 am.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 3:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.