Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

do you drink more in oz, hic??

do you drink more in oz, hic??

Old Nov 26th 2009, 11:29 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: do you drink more in oz, hic??

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
Can't seem to read any karma posts like I used to be able to. Has site changed their policy?
Don't think so. Just scroll down to the bottom of your subscribed threads. Oh bolloxs i will PM you instead
Old Nov 26th 2009, 11:31 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Don't think so. Just scroll down to the bottom of your subscribed threads. Oh bolloxs i will PM you instead
OK sounds cool mystery person, lol

Thank you for PM. I kinda remember you now. Great to hear from you and hope life is treating you well. UK is where I wannabe, so hopefully it won't be too long. Best wishes to you & yours...KC

Last edited by kiwi_child; Nov 26th 2009 at 11:40 am. Reason: update
Old Nov 26th 2009, 9:55 pm
Banned

willamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Will has become my unlikely cyber friend. I like him and don't understand why? His unrelenting vitriol about Australia and all things Australian should have sent me packing but instead it has made me think about things in more depth.
I think he thinks I'm a cock though......
Not at all. You are my favourite person here. Despite the fact you don't agree with me a lot of the time.

Which flies in the face of all those who accuse me of wanting to make everyone hate Australia and hating people who like it here.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

merleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
Interesting question. I have found that since living in OZ I have increased my alcohol consumption. In NZ I used to drink on a friday night out at the pub with mates and at social get-togethers.

Nowadays I go out very seldom and drink at home mostly. Usually spirits, sometimes beer (never been a big wine fan). Probably get pissed a couple of times a week. I also find I tend to drink more on each occaision in OZ than I did in NZ.

When I was in UK (after first few weeks there partying hard), I drank maybe once a week but found the whole thing far more social than OZ.

I think for me, there may be a little depression involved but I'd put the increase in boozing largely down to boredom and the fact it can be very hard to make and build friendships in OZ. Something I've noted that many others on BE have mentioned. IMO UK and NZ are far easier to do this in than OZ. Acquaintances I have; friends, well they are something else aren't they?
hi there - i think this pretty much sums me up. i am concerned about it though - it creeps up on you and i dont want to end up with a dependancy. so i am going to go out running in the evenings instead!! we'll see how long that lasts
Old Dec 5th 2009, 7:17 am
Just Joined

nogoingback is a jewel in the roughnogoingback is a jewel in the roughnogoingback is a jewel in the roughnogoingback is a jewel in the rough

Sorry to join in from the ME but you should try living here in Qatar which is possibly the most uninteresting place on earth.
Every Thursday we set about the beer & cider and don`t really stop until we go back to work on the Sunday.
Miserable dusty country, **** wit drivers, lazy ignorant inbred locals, zero customer service, nothing to see, any event costs a fortune and is crap, CID lurking every where the expats try to have fun, Racist policies at all the shopping malls, pretensious British trash, no wonder people drink so much here.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 3:10 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by merleoberon
hi there - i think this pretty much sums me up. i am concerned about it though - it creeps up on you and i dont want to end up with a dependancy. so i am going to go out running in the evenings instead!! we'll see how long that lasts
I'm in Canada and the drinking here is SO moderate. They're a bit 'crazy' and living on the edge if they have more than a couple of glasses bless 'em and we're always tucked up in bed by 10am. All this has its advantages....no shopping bags under the eyes, no hangovers, more money in the wallet, less likely to kill kids with head ache and so on......but I realised I have no funny stories to tell anymore.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 5:33 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nogoingback
Sorry to join in from the ME but you should try living here in Qatar which is possibly the most uninteresting place on earth.
Every Thursday we set about the beer & cider and don`t really stop until we go back to work on the Sunday.
Miserable dusty country, **** wit drivers, lazy ignorant inbred locals, zero customer service, nothing to see, any event costs a fortune and is crap, CID lurking every where the expats try to have fun, Racist policies at all the shopping malls, pretensious British trash, no wonder people drink so much here.
....no taxation, a job, access to some of the most interesting sites in the world, no British winter, - and you can drink cider in an Arab country.

Leave!
Old Dec 8th 2009, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

nogoingback is a jewel in the roughnogoingback is a jewel in the roughnogoingback is a jewel in the roughnogoingback is a jewel in the rough

Bijilo, Sorry to destroy your visions of Qatar but where are the `most interesting sites in the world`? No tax...Well pay GBP3800 rent for a 3 bed room semi and tell me there is no tax, `no British winter...4 months a year it is unbearably hot & dust storms throughout the year, and as far as drinking cider in a Muslim country they make you pay through the nose for the privilege for it eg Magners is GBP40 for 12 bottles at the only drinks outlet in the country.
Could be worse I could be in Africa.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 11:30 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Kuwait for Three years unlil last Oct. There is nothing wrong with any of the middle east regional states and if you have a problem with the beer prices, go to Bahrain.

And - rent is not a tax!

Most interesting places: Petra in Jordan, Agra in India, Damascus Suq, Salalah, Beq'a Valley and so on - and Gambia - but it is not local.

Last edited by Bijilo123; Dec 9th 2009 at 11:44 am. Reason: Sorry -forgot the question!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 9:11 am
Banned

mono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond repute

I drink more in Australia because I feel that I have less leisure activities (that I happen to enjoy) available to me in Australia than I did in the UK.

Also, haven't really enjoyed the whole Australia thing and drinking cheers you up!!

Australia for me is a dull place.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 9:36 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mono
I feel that I have less leisure activities (that I happen to enjoy) available to me in Australia than I did in the UK.
Going to the pub?
Old Dec 10th 2009, 9:44 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lilybilly101
I'm in Canada and the drinking here is SO moderate. They're a bit 'crazy' and living on the edge if they have more than a couple of glasses bless 'em and we're always tucked up in bed by 10am. All this has its advantages....no shopping bags under the eyes, no hangovers, more money in the wallet, less likely to kill kids with head ache and so on......but I realised I have no funny stories to tell anymore.
When i was working for a newspaper in Vancouver, we finally all went for lunch, (to a pub!). I was asked what i wanted and obviously asked for a pint. They went round the table and one by one ordered a coffee. Was funny. I actually got another in before we went back, or they rang the AA for me.

Mention free food to Canadians and literally go mental.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 10:41 am
Banned

mono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Going to the pub?
Football, country walks, various hobbies, seeing my mates etc etc etc.

The notion that the only benefit of the UK is pubs makes you look blinkered and childish.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 10:44 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

The notion that the only benefit of the UK is pubs makes you look blinkered and childish.
That said, the pubs, particulary in Sassenachland, are awesome...!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 1:35 pm
Éireann go Brách

Keep your Alans on it was a joke.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.