Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

do you drink more in oz, hic??

do you drink more in oz, hic??

Old Nov 4th 2009, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

merleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to behold
Default do you drink more in oz, hic??

i do. in fact i am tipsy at the mo.

on a serious note is it a good thing? in england i was P*ssed on 3 glasses of wine on a satrday night - now i can down a bottle on a wednesday. that cant be good?
is it oz? or the depression? the f*kwit druggies next door? or mabye its me.

people drink more here but you dont see as much drunkeness. driving after a day at the pub is not a big deal. not that i do that. but they do.

should i be worried
Old Nov 4th 2009, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do you drink more in oz, hic??

I have to admit I drank like a fish when I lived in Oz but maybe thats because I was younger back then and could handle it more?I do drink moderately here,and have been known to have a pint of..............squash at the pub???Jesus that sounds boring does'nt it?Seriously I think now I'm older I value my days more LOL!But yeah definately drank more in Oz,I was'nt depressed either,just did it for fun I guess?I used to work a couple of hours in the mornings.On a Friday,I would get home at 12pm,clean up the house,grab a shower,head down the pub (I lived in a smallish country town,so we're not talking suburbia here!)meet up with loads of girlfriends,play some 8 ball,get drunk,head home at around 5.30pm cook tea for the old man ()head back down the pub,meet back up with girlfriends,when the pub shut,we'd go to someone's house,armed with copious amounts of alcohol,drink to oblivion,and I'd usually stagger home around 5am!!!!And this was on a regular basis!Good times though and definately not depressing!Those were the good old days!(Well from what I can remember anyway!)
Old Nov 4th 2009, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by merleoberon

on a serious note is it a good thing? in england i was P*ssed on 3 glasses of wine on a satrday night - now i can down a bottle on a wednesday. that cant be good?

people drink more here but you dont see as much drunkeness. driving after a day at the pub is not a big deal. not that i do that. but they do.

should i be worried
Mu husband and I were just talking about this the other day. We have gone from drinking a couple times a week in the UK, to being able to happily drink a bottle of wine each on a Wed night - (and the rest) . We are def drinking more in Canada - we put it down to completly naff telly!!
Old Nov 5th 2009, 1:03 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

i found drinking in the uk and enjoyable experiance with friends and new friends ,it was a means to meeting people and wasnt that expensive and the humour was always good
Here in aussie i drink in the house to numb the boredom of relentless humdrum beacuse i cant afford $10 a pint in the tosser pub down the road.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

lickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to all

Yes I agree. I think its because thats all there is to do. Barbie's and drink!!! BORING!!!
Old Nov 5th 2009, 11:27 am
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi M

We were chatting to 2 other couple's that we know and we have all been here a similar amount of time.
We did drink a fair bit in the U.K but here it is unreal. Myself I do think I have been down at times and have drunk more but even the others have said they drink soooooo much more here.
The women have all said they have put on weight here and put it down to the drinking and also the fact that you drive everywhere here where as in the U.K they all walked to school, the shops e.t.c
Old Nov 5th 2009, 3:17 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by lickylady
Yes I agree. I think its because thats all there is to do. Barbie's and drink!!! BORING!!!
True.
I like to have a drink, but got fed up of doing it at BBQ's every sodding weekend.
I prefer to go to the pubs and clubs in UK, which i will be doing this weekend
I have to say i didn't drink much in OZ,not as much as i do here (which is only every other weekend or so).
Old Nov 5th 2009, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

merleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Funky Monkey
Hi M

We were chatting to 2 other couple's that we know and we have all been here a similar amount of time.
We did drink a fair bit in the U.K but here it is unreal. Myself I do think I have been down at times and have drunk more but even the others have said they drink soooooo much more here.
The women have all said they have put on weight here and put it down to the drinking and also the fact that you drive everywhere here where as in the U.K they all walked to school, the shops e.t.c
yes can also relate to the weight gain too. it really surprised me when we arrived how many fast food outlets there were and all the foodcourts in the shopping malls - it was just like being in the UK. I had this mistaken belief that australians would somehow be healthier - that it would be all fresh fruit and salads followed by water then a run along the beach! how wrong was I? too fe*kn wet or hot to do much of that. bags of salad that get frozen and defrosted before being sold so the lettuce keeps 5 minutes before wilting. bashed fruit full of insect bites - I'm told they export the best fruit. no wonder its all pies and chips n gravy! although granted a few more healthier options are making an appearance. makes me think we were a bit spoiled in the UK with fruit and veg.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

brizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to beholdbrizzle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pinkkristen
Mu husband and I were just talking about this the other day. We have gone from drinking a couple times a week in the UK, to being able to happily drink a bottle of wine each on a Wed night - (and the rest) . We are def drinking more in Canada - we put it down to completly naff telly!!
I know shockingly poor TV and expensive alcohol - It's not fair
Old Nov 12th 2009, 9:54 pm
Banned

willamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond repute

I drink more in Australia, not because alcohol is cheaper here (my drinks, beer and single malt scotch, are actually more expensive) but because I am bored and fed up!
Old Nov 13th 2009, 9:54 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by willamos
I drink more in Australia, not because alcohol is cheaper here (my drinks, beer and single malt scotch, are actually more expensive) but because I am bored and fed up!
My OH drank loads in OZ..drove me nuts to be honest. I was always the taxi driver as taxi's don't exist in Perth

But.....times have changed now
Old Nov 13th 2009, 10:20 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merleoberon

should i be worried
Yes
Old Nov 13th 2009, 10:23 am
Banned

willamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond repute

Drinking is one of Australia's only avenues for entertainment.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 10:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by willamos
Drinking is one of Australia's only avenues for entertainment.
And eating sausages.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 11:37 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I do tend to drink a bit more, have the odd beer during the week when its hot, I shouldnt quench my thirst with beer but it is so tempting when the temperature is up.

Im deffo having more nookie in Perth, the hot weather makes me all fruity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.