Was it a conspiracy ?

Old Apr 10th 2007, 12:59 am
Banned

Brewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Was it a conspiracy ?

Originally Posted by paulrachel
I know your question wasn't diverted at me, but i will answer it anyway

Bland..........well all i can say is if you enjoy beaches, parks, beaches, parks, bushland.......no historical things as you say etc.then you will LOVE Oz

For most of us here we want more.............so there you go....bland!!!! another word for Boring
Important note-'BLAND' is highly subjective-for instance I find Sydney less bland than London.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 1:05 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brewerboy1
Important note-'BLAND' is highly subjective-for instance I find Sydney less bland than London.
<<<sigh>>>

Last edited by Elvira; Apr 10th 2007 at 1:20 am.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:11 am
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Was it a conspiracy ?

Originally Posted by Brewerboy1
Important note- if you're going to quote someone, at least have the courtesy to read what they've written. Try the second line of the quote by paulrachel you used.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 11:42 pm
Banned

Brewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bramblebush
Before leaving the UK 18 months ago, I was caught up in the whole negative thing, everywhere I went people were moaning about the country and the government, immigration, youth culture, lack of respect. crime, safety etc, etc

Me and OH were feeling really unhappy about the way the country was and worrying about where it would all end and surely something terrible would happen soon (again, etc, etc)

So, we jumped ship before it sunk, whatelse could we do, it was a really bad situation - apparently

Now I have this feeling of betrayal, I feel that I started running and when I finally stopped to look round nobody had followed, all those people that hate it there are still living there, in the 18 months that I have been gone nothing has changed

I gave up my home, job, moved my children and they all carried on like normal as if none of these terrible things are happening at all and it was one big joke

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitter or resentful and I'm not directing this at anyone in particular it is just that I can't explain the feeling any other way.

We are now stuck in limbo, we don't regret leaving but have this strong feeling of wanting to return but are now scared of making the wrong decision

I know that none of you can tell me what I should do but I would appreciate any sort of feedback, perhaps some of you can relate to this feeling
What did you think was going to "happen"?? The UK was going to sink into the sea????
Old May 1st 2007, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

zerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to beholdzerohero is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bramblebush
Before leaving the UK 18 months ago, I was caught up in the whole negative thing, everywhere I went people were moaning about the country and the government, immigration, youth culture, lack of respect. crime, safety etc, etc

So, we jumped ship before it sunk, whatelse could we do, it was a really bad situation - apparently
Are you a sheep? The British are notorious whingers.I am very happy here in the UK but if I regularly read the Daily Mail and believed everything I too would be one of those people who has lost touch with reality and think things are terrible when actually they are not bad at all.Sorry if this sounds harsh but I really am fed up with negative people who slag off everything bad about the UK without acknowledging the many good things.All countries have both very good and very bad aspects.