Was it a conspiracy ?

Old Apr 7th 2007, 12:32 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Was it a conspiracy ?

Originally Posted by king kong
Hes a traitor to his country ,he does nothing but critizise everything about the uk and yet the country and its people have given him the self perceived wealth to make the decision to leave .Hes probably a bully boy who has been riding on the back of the working masses for too long now and yet he most likely criticizes all the polish migrants and alike who only want what he says he has.
He focuses on the cost of living in the uk as if it is the be all of everything and yet he states he is middle class and as such should be able to afford a decent life in the uk ,he has taken from the country but wants to give nothing in return a typical boss attitude and it shows with his arrogance and contempt for other posters .
I for one dont believe a single word of his rhetoric and believe iits just sour grapes because people in his locale know him and despise him for what he represents .All i can say is good by to bad rubbish the uk dont doesnt need blood suckers anymore ,it wants hard workers who appreciate living in acountry with democracy ,beautiful countryside ,low bottomline tax rate ,history ,terrific social life ,fairness to all etc etc .

I totally agree King Kong. People like Pete do well from the country then slag it off at every opportunity
Old Apr 7th 2007, 1:03 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
..........If you really hate what everyone says on here why do you keep having to reply to most things on here....???
Maybe his real name is Richard?

Old Apr 7th 2007, 7:06 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I am still in the UK going to Oz lurking here to find out why people come back.
Big Pete I don't agree!
I love England and like the life here. I have an interesting career, good friends a nice house, and lots of adventurous things to do nice places to go.

I have lived in Italy, Germany and Holland and enjoyed them as well.

My husband has a job opportunity in Oz which is why we are going.

Stop knocking the UK it just sounds as though you are trying to convince yourself that you are doing the right thing in leaving.

we all have to make our own minds up as to what is right for us and trying to scare others is mean.

Kim
Old Apr 7th 2007, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

bobologo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seasprite
I know that none of you can tell me what I should do but I would appreciate any sort of feedback, perhaps some of you can relate to this feeling
Well we left to try to "improve our lives" and our childrens future (and because we could..) although did not dislike anything about the Uk per se. Of course we would like some things improved upon here, but nowhere is perfect. We were quite shocked by how bland and limiting our future looked in Australia and much prefer being in England. I only had the limbo feeling for a while, but that was becuase my heart was screaming out to get back home and my head was trying so hard to make it work in Oz. Limbo ceased once we made a decision.
Do you think France is really any better than Uk or just different? Perhaps you could try a small rural part of the Uk?! I don't know...[/QUOTE]
Old Apr 7th 2007, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

bobologo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by asher
I am still in the UK going to Oz lurking here to find out why people come back.
Big Pete I don't agree!
I love England and like the life here. I have an interesting career, good friends a nice house, and lots of adventurous things to do nice places to go.

I have lived in Italy, Germany and Holland and enjoyed them as well.

My husband has a job opportunity in Oz which is why we are going.

Stop knocking the UK it just sounds as though you are trying to convince yourself that you are doing the right thing in leaving.

we all have to make our own minds up as to what is right for us and trying to scare others is mean.

Kim
I really think --after reading your letter, that if someone isn't happy in their own country, how are they gonna find happiness in someplace thousands of miles from home. During my travels while working as a construction fitter, I got the feeling that no matter which country I was working in there was always some predudice against me. This really didn't bother me cos I was single and could move on at the end of the contract. I find that your own country is your home. no matter where you go in the world it still aint your home. Lers face it there are worse places than the UK
Old Apr 7th 2007, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Craigy123 has a spectacular aura aboutCraigy123 has a spectacular aura aboutCraigy123 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bramblebush
Me too !!
This post is in a 'people wanting to come back to the UK' thread so i guess it is going to be biased in what i think you want to hear, which is fair enough.

I am hoping to leave the UK in time, and i hope i may see it in a different light in time , so see it as you have tried and have a settlement inside into what you really want, at least you tried it, otherwise you would have never settled.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

m100 has a spectacular aura aboutm100 has a spectacular aura aboutm100 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bobologo
Well we left to try to "improve our lives" and our childrens future (and because we could..) although did not dislike anything about the Uk per se. Of course we would like some things improved upon here, but nowhere is perfect. We were quite shocked by how bland and limiting our future looked in Australia and much prefer being in England. I only had the limbo feeling for a while, but that was becuase my heart was screaming out to get back home and my head was trying so hard to make it work in Oz. Limbo ceased once we made a decision.
Do you think France is really any better than Uk or just different? Perhaps you could try a small rural part of the Uk?! I don't know...
[/QUOTE]

We too think Australia is Bland, where were you in aus and how long did you stay?
Old Apr 8th 2007, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by m100
We too think Australia is Bland, where were you in aus and how long did you stay?
Hi, we moved to Oz around 6 months ago and are enjoying life here although we are still in the process of settling in. I have noticed a few people in this forum describe Oz as being bland. In what way do you find Oz bland? Is it the lack of historical things etc or is it more to do with the way of life? Just curious.

Cheers

Ian
Old Apr 8th 2007, 10:52 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bramblebush
Just popped in to check the boards and the first one I came across was big Petes comments on the Uk.

As I read through his list I found myself saying 'oh dear' 'oh no' 'oh shit' that sort of thing, you get the picture.

By the time I read to the end of it I began to fear for the family and friends left behind in this terrible country. What can I do to persuade them to leave

Then I carried on to read all the POSITIVE responses and I my faith has been restored.

Yesterday OH and I had come to a 85% decision to return to the UK

Today after reading here, I am now not sure if I am ready to return, if I was so easily put off by Big Petes list of negativity, I am concerned that if I return to blightly then it will be only a short time before I am scared shitless and want to run away again.

I need to keep telling myself that it is England not one of these war torn countries where people are forced to flea because it is just not safe to stay.

Decisions, Decisions...........
Hi Bramblebush - just hopped back onto the forum after being away for a few days - and saw this thread - don't let Big Pete's ramblings put you off - it's just a bunch of the usual dross - what do you really feel deep down in your heart?? - I had a few mixed feelings before we came back but despite this I knew in my heart Oz would never feel like home and I would only ever be happy back in the UK. I think this site proves there is life after migration and you can be happy living in the UK - it's not the tax, the weather, the bin collections......blah blah, that make for a happy, contented life it's friends, family, the sense of belonging and what you feel in your heart.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 1:22 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yanH
Hi, we moved to Oz around 6 months ago and are enjoying life here although we are still in the process of settling in. I have noticed a few people in this forum describe Oz as being bland. In what way do you find Oz bland? Is it the lack of historical things etc or is it more to do with the way of life? Just curious.

Cheers

Ian
I know your question wasn't diverted at me, but i will answer it anyway

Bland..........well all i can say is if you enjoy beaches, parks, beaches, parks, bushland.......no historical things as you say etc.then you will LOVE Oz

For most of us here we want more.............so there you go....bland!!!! another word for Boring
Old Apr 9th 2007, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I think many people are giving up really good lives there and they know that deep down, they have to justify leaving by clutching at any old reason no matter how silly it is.
Yup - I often ''defend'' or explain the actions of the Daily Mail readers by telling them that they are trying to justify a move that they are probably doing for purely lifestyle and ''selfish'' reasons. I think they know really that the entire country is not going to the dogs. Politicising it makes it sound more decisive or informed.

I think people should migrate because of the pull not the push and not worry about the Daily Mail or politics. If politics is an issue well there's nothing more we can say and do.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 7:35 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

I think people should migrate because of the pull not the push and not worry about the Daily Mail or politics. If politics is an issue well there's nothing more we can say and do.
So true Badge - I think so many of us feel that they can escape all the perceived problems of the UK by jumping ship. Whilst many do settle and enjoy life, for others it's more a case of out of the frying pan.........
Old Apr 9th 2007, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yanH

Cheers

Ian
plenty of sea, sand, roads, dust, flies, hoons, ugly buildings (and some nice ones too), not much to do bar sport..yawn. You really need to live it to feel it. We were in a lovely area of NSW coast, but it was very very samey. Because it is such a new country for any other than the aboriginals..
Old Apr 9th 2007, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

polarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Was it a conspiracy ?

We are considering a move back to the UK from Canada, not because we dislike Canada, but for family reasons, long term retirement plans and to allow my OH to live one of his dreams.

My OH was a little scared off by news reports from the UK about the crime etc and my dad hasn't helped with his 'why would you want to come back here' comments but as we point out to all, millions of others live, work and enjoy the UK why should we be able to. It is all about what you put into it and your levels of expectations.

Family in Canada are a little disparaging as well, but then they are basing their comments also on CNN news reports they have never lived in the UK. I think also they are a little upset that we will be taking the boys with us. It does make me angry to get these comments all the time from people that dont really know what they are talking about. I do appreciate advice though from those out there who have been through it all. Thank you
Old Apr 9th 2007, 7:27 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by polarbearmum
We are considering a move back to the UK from Canada, not because we dislike Canada, but for family reasons, long term retirement plans and to allow my OH to live one of his dreams.

My OH was a little scared off by news reports from the UK about the crime etc and my dad hasn't helped with his 'why would you want to come back here' comments but as we point out to all, millions of others live, work and enjoy the UK why should we be able to. It is all about what you put into it and your levels of expectations.

Family in Canada are a little disparaging as well, but then they are basing their comments also on CNN news reports they have never lived in the UK. I think also they are a little upset that we will be taking the boys with us. It does make me angry to get these comments all the time from people that dont really know what they are talking about. I do appreciate advice though from those out there who have been through it all. Thank you
Hi polarbearmum - please please please take no notice of the UK media - it is the worst in the world for running down it's own country - it took me a journey half way round the world and to live in Perth for 2 years to make me realise that everything that I thought was bad about the UK was merely media crap - I have lived in Australia, have friends and relatives in and around Toronto and can honestly say the crime in the UK is no better or no worse than Oz or Canada.

IMHO the UK is a fab place to live

As you say the best people to take advice from are the people who have actually been through the experience of living abroad - they are the ones who really know if the 'grass is greener' in some cases it is but in a lot of cases it is NOT!

Wishing you good luck and best wishes with whatever you decide to do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.