Chester?

Old Nov 27th 2009, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chester?

If you want an idea of what Chester is like search 'Chester Chronicle' it gives you the latest news and you can look at the house section. I have the "British Newspapers" in my favourites so I can have a look at different areas and the news.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 9:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
If you want an idea of what Chester is like search 'Chester Chronicle' it gives you the latest news and you can look at the house section. I have the "British Newspapers" in my favourites so I can have a look at different areas and the news.
Good idea. This is the link to British Newspapers http://www.wrx.zen.co.uk/britnews.htm
Old Nov 28th 2009, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

mister_meow is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank-you for the useful links.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 2:51 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CornishPasty Girl
My I ask why you are leaving? My husband and I have been talking about going back to the UK, after almost 9 years in Canada. We like it here, the kids have a great life but sometime we just feel there is something missing. Ironically I would be more nervous about going back home then when I was coming over to Canada.
There are plenty of us on here. We moved back a few months ago after 30 plus years. Mind you, we don't have to worry about finding jobs and could pick where we wanted to live. So many factors are different. But we're certainly finding it more lively and varied.

Have you always lived in BC? We were in Victoria. Lovely place, lovely people, but some of us do find it a bit unsatisfying in the end. It's a long way from other places, for a start. And maybe it's something to do with so many people moving into coastal BC for the climate, so the established community in the cities, at least, isn't there.

It's a mystery, but believe me, you're not alone. Perhaps you should read and comment in one of the Canada posts here.

Bev
Old Nov 29th 2009, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

Sazzer is a jewel in the roughSazzer is a jewel in the roughSazzer is a jewel in the roughSazzer is a jewel in the roughSazzer is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bevm
There are plenty of us on here. We moved back a few months ago after 30 plus years. Mind you, we don't have to worry about finding jobs and could pick where we wanted to live. So many factors are different. But we're certainly finding it more lively and varied.

Have you always lived in BC? We were in Victoria. Lovely place, lovely people, but some of us do find it a bit unsatisfying in the end. It's a long way from other places, for a start. And maybe it's something to do with so many people moving into coastal BC for the climate, so the established community in the cities, at least, isn't there.

It's a mystery, but believe me, you're not alone. Perhaps you should read and comment in one of the Canada posts here.

Bev
I know this is a bit off track about Chester but in response to Bevm. I believe what I have to say has already be said in the Canada forum and I feel that forum is full of very hopeful immigrants or immigrants to be. It would be hard for a new immigrant to understand. I'm now stuck with being half Canadian / half English. I know more about how the Canadian school system works then the English, all my sport experience for my boys has been through ice hockey. When I left England I just had a one year old son and now I would go back with 7 and 9 ice hockey playing kids. Our lives are very good, we have our our business which is now beginning to do well in the US, although it beginning to do well in the UK. Nevertheless the shock of busy roads, busy supermarkets etc maybe too much but we miss the access to Europe, diversity, history. Anyway I'm going back next summer for six weeks to see how I feel but even if I wanted to go back I think the cost of a house would be too much. After 30 years don't you feel out of place in the UK and did you leave any kids, grandchildren behind?
Old Nov 30th 2009, 2:28 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mister_meow
Hi - I'm new here - I've been in Canada for 8 years. I'm afraid that it has ran it's course for me - Reluctantly I'm looking to go home - I don't fancy the prospect of making min-wage in Canada and running out my last bit of savings - So I want to move to somewhere nice - Chester sounds perfect place to start over - Houses are affordable to let and it looks great - I would like to hear some more thoughts on Chester.
very nice, great nightlife and shopping, very historic with lovely buildings and the river, lots to see and do nearby too. the only downside is it gets quite busy as it is touristy.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 4:25 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rae
very nice, great nightlife and shopping, very historic with lovely buildings and the river, lots to see and do nearby too. the only downside is it gets quite busy as it is touristy.
Agree with all the assessments of Chester.
It's a lovely town, with beautiful old buildings, great shopping, nice restaurants, and the nightlife is great. It's surrounded by rural places which maintains its country feel... the Roman stuff is gorgeous. I love shopping in Brown's of Chester... and staying for lunch there - it's a sort of family thing we used to do.
It's interesting, lots to do, child friendly... Chester college there for further ed should you want it...
Surrounding towns good and interesting and the schools are well respected should you need those. A good hub for commuting to other places for work.. M56 is nearby, so run through to Manchester, or down further...
Beautiful place... flat and filled with red brick farmhouses as Cheshire only can be....
Alderley edge nearby, gorgeous walks in Congleton, the Peckforton Hills, Delamere forest and Beaston Castle are divine.

Not a nicer spot I reckon.

Old Nov 30th 2009, 4:33 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely photo, obviously the Cheshire plain - but where from?
Old Nov 30th 2009, 4:41 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bijilo123
Lovely photo, obviously the Cheshire plain - but where from?
That's taken from Stanners Nab in the Peckforton Hills.

It's beautiful isn't it.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

mister_meow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Not a nicer spot I reckon.
Great that is really good to hear.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Chester is a lovely city as people have said. Again, I would consider Frodsham to live.
It has a beautiful high street. Has won best kept village many times. Has an open air market with fresh local produce every Thursday and maybe Saturday?
It also has an award winning butcher/pie maker who raise and slaughter their own meat.
The steak pies are to die for............
No!! I dont miss the UK
Tina
Old Dec 4th 2009, 3:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by albertabound
Chester is a lovely city as people have said. Again, I would consider Frodsham to live.
It has a beautiful high street. Has won best kept village many times. Has an open air market with fresh local produce every Thursday and maybe Saturday?
It also has an award winning butcher/pie maker who raise and slaughter their own meat.
No!! I dont miss the UK
Tina
Frodsham market is only on Thursdays. The butchers you are referring to must be Cowards...always bought my meat from there.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Frodsham market is only on Thursdays. The butchers you are referring to must be Cowards...always bought my meat from there.
Yep it is Cowards. Sue is still baking like mad
Tina
Old Dec 4th 2009, 7:18 am
Just Joined

psb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nice

Originally Posted by CornishPasty Girl
My I ask why you are leaving? My husband and I have been talking about going back to the UK, after almost 9 years in Canada. We like it here, the kids have a great life but sometime we just feel there is something missing. Ironically I would be more nervous about going back home then when I was coming over to Canada.
I came back from the states Mass after 22 yrs and yes it's a LOT more scary coming back here than when I went,I missed my family and the last 7-8 years were aweful there as every year the longing for wanting to come back grew more and more but I had a partner whose mother decided that it was best for her and the kids that we were in the states and she wouldnt go against her mothers wishes although she did want to come back just as much as me. Eventually we split up up as one day I just said I am going and cant take anymore,my partner came too as she couldnt survive there on her own but we split up shortly after coming back to the UK.

Now I know that's not a nice story but if you and your partner have are both together and no outside influences then there will be no problems I am just telling my story and there were a LOT of outside influences and people messing with my partners head.

I guess for me there is nowhere like home and no people like English people and when you think about it life is all about people really and nothing else matters
Old Dec 4th 2009, 7:58 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by albertabound
Chester is a lovely city as people have said. It also has an award winning butcher/pie maker who raise and slaughter their own meat.
:
Tina
...well if you are a cow they are...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.