Chester?

Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chester?

Originally Posted by Bijilo123
...well if you are a cow they are...
Moooooooooooo
Old Dec 6th 2009, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

mister_meow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by psb1821962
I guess for me there is nowhere like home and no people like English people and when you think about it life is all about people really and nothing else matters
Wow thanks for sharing - It must have been quiet a shock when you first went back after all those years.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

psb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nicepsb1821962 is just really nice

Originally Posted by mister_meow
Wow thanks for sharing - It must have been quiet a shock when you first went back after all those years.
It was a bit of a shock but am happy I am home and with my people again,after a while you get a feeling of not knowing where you belong which is a bit scary.There are positives and negatives of everywhere but I personally think we humans are only in search of 1 thing and that is to be happy I could be dead wrong but I really believe lifestyle,homes,boats,cars etc etc don't make us happy as it's just stuff and the novelty wears off after a while trust me been there done that,the only thing of real substance on this earth is people so in my opinion go where the people and be with the people that make you most happy,just my 2 cents worth fwiw
Old Dec 7th 2009, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by psb1821962
It was a bit of a shock but am happy I am home and with my people again,after a while you get a feeling of not knowing where you belong which is a bit scary.There are positives and negatives of everywhere but I personally think we humans are only in search of 1 thing and that is to be happy I could be dead wrong but I really believe lifestyle,homes,boats,cars etc etc don't make us happy as it's just stuff and the novelty wears off after a while trust me been there done that,the only thing of real substance on this earth is people so in my opinion go where the people and be with the people that make you most happy,just my 2 cents worth fwiw
Can't argue with that - The older I get the more I relies that - Also Having no friends for 8 years has made me appreciate my old mates and perhaps I'll be making some new friends in the process - Also I won't miss the depressing winter - I hope I can settle - because for the longest time I have felt like outsider in Canada despite how lovely it is here - It just not home for me - I know that England has gone though some very big changes and that violent crime is everywhere and much more prevalent than when I left - It is the only thing that making feel slightly nervous

Last edited by mister_meow; Dec 7th 2009 at 2:20 am.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 2:28 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't argue with that - The older I get the more I relies that - Also Having no friends for 8 years has made me appreciate my old mates and perhaps I'll be making some new friends in the process - Also I won't miss the depressing winter - I hope I can settle - because for the longest time I have felt like outsider in Canada despite how lovely it is here - It just not home for me - I know that England has gone though some very big changes and that violent crime is everywhere and much more prevalent than when I left - It is the only thing that making feel slightly nervous
If crime bothers you so much, you can check out Chester's by looking here:

http://www.cheshire.police.uk/showco...hp?pageid=1480

There's a PDF at the bottom that looks accurate.

Also if you go to the council page for Cheshire West and Chester, then you can put 'crime' into the search box and it will give you a lot of articles.
http://www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/

I wouldn't ever have put Chester up as a high violent crime area. Bags nicked in the centre, the odd mugging, like all towns and cities... but also, you can't let that bother you otherwise you'd never step out of your front door! It's not as bad as you think it is.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 7:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously crime is not that bad. You have to be sensible about where you go (Blacon has been a bad area for as long as I can remember) and about the time of day. When I'm in the UK I'm often in the Chester area on my own and feel safe. The only time I think I wouldn't feel uncomfortable is if I was in the city centre at night alone. I don't go into any city centre at night...I stick to small villages usually in the Chester area.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
If crime bothers you so much, you can check out Chester's by looking here:
Thanks - Quiet a lot of crime in some areas - Here where I live it almost non existent.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 7:43 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks - Quiet a lot of crime in some areas - Here where I live it almost non existent.
The surrounds of Chester has typical small village crime. Bit of grafitti, post office (if there are any left) being held up once every 25 years.
Inner city ..... all the same as other inner cities I guess.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 7:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

You mean here?

http://spotcrime.com/on/london
Old Dec 9th 2009, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
But if you do compared to England where I live it is almost non existent - London is over 350,000 people - That's is very low crime for city this big - It is Interesting find tho.

Last edited by mister_meow; Dec 9th 2009 at 3:53 am.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

My house is up for sale now - I'm getting ready to leave - OMG - I'm bit nervous - Tomorrow I'm sending away for my passport - It's all seal in an envelope ready to be sent courier - My house has a 45 day closing - Once the house sells - I'm putting everything up for sale in auction - I've sold the car and now running around in a beater - BTW 10 years since I last sore home - I know I'm in for shock but I'm looking forward in someways to going home - England is home for me - Canada I love and It's been fun and I have grown and change a lot - But It's ran it's course for me - Chester here I come.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:20 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds great I hope the auction goes well and you settle quickly back in the UK.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Mister_meow....You are so lucky what I wouldnt give to be going back home to Chester and be with all my friends again. Chester is very safe during the daytime my friends have no problems they do not go in at night. Have a wonderful time. It has changed but then so has everywhere. You will find the right spot for you, enjoy yourself
Old Mar 15th 2010, 5:06 am
Wirral to Lake Macquarie

andy170773 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We recently decided that England was our permanent home after nearly 4 years in Australia. Our decision being made final due to the age of our eldest (12yrs). We plan to be back in the UK for the start of the school year in September.

We are moving back to the Chester or Wirral area as this is where family lives and where we grew up. Chester area is a great area to live, very central to many great places and attractions. Chester is a fantastic city which, I am sure you will agree once there. Crime is not generally considered a problem although there are places and times where you would be wise to be aware of but definitely not something you should worry yourself with as you will become familiar in your own time.

If you need any further help or assistance with the area please contact me and I would be pleased to help if I can. My brother owns a property in Chester, Upton and has it up for rental as he has a long term contract in Saudi.

Cheers and all the best.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the move back to England.
Chester is a great little city

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.