Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

To the Catholics on this board.

To the Catholics on this board.

Old May 28th 2009, 2:15 pm
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To the Catholics on this board.

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
I do want to see it. I actually liked The DaVinci Code when I saw it on the plane. I had refused to pay money to see in the theater, but got interested in it on that long trip across the pond.

I read the book first, (The DaVinci Code) which I thought was a good read, then I watched the movie & thought that was total cack .. but that generally happens when you read the book first before seeing the movie.
Old May 28th 2009, 2:20 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It was a great read. It was his first book and far better than Da Vinci Code. I'm going to see the movie this weekend.

Don't think it has appeal to only Catholics but to all people. Most especially those that feel that organized religion is nothing more these days than a money making political machine.
Old May 28th 2009, 2:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deb
I read the book first, (The DaVinci Code) which I thought was a good read, then I watched the movie & thought that was total cack .. but that generally happens when you read the book first before seeing the movie.
Same for me. Loved the book when I read it, the movie didn't do it justice.

I have Angels & Demons at home, so I reckon I better give it a read before we watch the movie.

Most especially those that feel that organized religion is nothing more these days than a money making political machine.
Well, you can include me in that category.
Old May 28th 2009, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

remember these movies are fictional.
Of course the movie is fictional, however the secret societies etc it is based upon are true.
Old May 28th 2009, 2:33 pm
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Of course the movie is fictional, however the secret societies etc it is based upon are true.

Aye, DaVinci started the 'Masons' apparently.
Old May 28th 2009, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was good anyhow... Don't think I have ever seen a bad movie with Tom Hanks in it.
Old May 28th 2009, 2:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deb

Did he? I thought it was older than Da Vinci. I know they were instrumental in founding the US and that many signers of the Declaration were Masons as were many of our first Presidents and statemen. I also know that they believe in numerology and its effects on humanity and the cosmos. This belief was used in our first currency, architecture, etc. Very interesting organization.
Old May 28th 2009, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Dewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud of

This reviewer and the vatican newspaper seem to view the movie more as an opportunity to review how the church is portrayed in the media. If it makes people think about what it means to be a believer it can't be a complete waste of time.
Old May 28th 2009, 3:06 pm
Deb

Originally Posted by Rete
Did he?
Very interesting organization.

Ermm..well, he was one ..

And yes, I agree, very interesting.
Old May 28th 2009, 3:07 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

I do want to see it. I actually liked The DaVinci Code when I saw it on the plane. I had refused to pay money to see in the theater, but got interested in it on that long trip across the pond.
If you liked the Da Vinci Code then read this. Dan brown nicked all his story from this anyway.

http://www.amazon.com/Holy-Blood-Gra.../dp/0440136482
Old May 28th 2009, 3:09 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deb
Try Hiram Abiff, Hiram King of Tyre and King Solomon. Da Vinci is reputed to have been in the Priory Of Sion not heard much about him being a Freemason.
Old May 28th 2009, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rete
Most especially those that feel that organized religion is nothing more these days than a money making political machine.
When has it ever been anything else?
Old May 28th 2009, 3:57 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
If you liked the Da Vinci Code then read this. Dan brown nicked all his story from this anyway.

http://www.amazon.com/Holy-Blood-Gra.../dp/0440136482
old news
Old May 28th 2009, 4:05 pm
Account Closed

old news
Im sorry, did I give the impression I was broadcasting a ****ing newsflash?
Old May 29th 2009, 2:15 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Mark tells me that people come into Barnes & Noble (where he works) all the time and end up asking for help in finding "The Da Vinci Code" and "Angels & Demons" -- that's when he discovers they've been looking in the non-fiction and/or religion sections of the store.

~ Jenney

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.