Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

To the Catholics on this board.

To the Catholics on this board.

Old May 28th 2009, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default To the Catholics on this board.

Hubby and I went to see Angel and Demons (starring Tom Hanks) a great movie and a must see for any catholic.
Old May 28th 2009, 9:20 am
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To the Catholics on this board.

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Hubby and I went to see Angel and Demons (starring Tom Hanks) a great movie and a must see for any catholic.
Why would catholics want to see it? They've been quite happy to have their heads buried in the sand for nearly 2000 years, a big Hollywood production isn't going to change that, simply because the truth never has.

"It has served us well this myth of Christ" Some Pope or the other.

The Emaculate Conception??? Morelike the Immaculate Deception.

Catholicism is basically a devout following of blind fools for the self serving Holy Roman Empire. A Military Empire which was on the decline so jumped ship onto the floating religion boat.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 28th 2009 at 9:45 am.
Old May 28th 2009, 12:36 pm
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Why would catholics want to see it? They've been quite happy to have their heads buried in the sand for nearly 2000 years, a big Hollywood production isn't going to change that, simply because the truth never has.

Catholicism is basically a devout following of blind fools for the self serving Holy Roman Empire. A Military Empire which was on the decline so jumped ship onto the floating religion boat.
But having said all that, it's a good way to get free wine at 10 on a Sunday morning...
Old May 28th 2009, 12:38 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

I take it you're lapsed then?
Old May 28th 2009, 12:45 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Same as all religion really, it's based on myth and people taking advantage of the dumb
Old May 28th 2009, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ridski
But having said all that, it's a good way to get free wine at 10 on a Sunday morning...
Its only free if you have the balls to ignore them when they bring the plate round after the sermon. Its like paying for a biblical busker FFS.
Old May 28th 2009, 12:51 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dbj1000
I take it you're lapsed then?
Never was a believer. Prefer the truth to fairytales.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 28th 2009 at 1:31 pm.
Old May 28th 2009, 1:26 pm
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was a heap of shite, but there again, I am no Barry Norman ..
Old May 28th 2009, 1:32 pm
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ridski

So not true, the priest & his sidekicks get first bash at the wine & biscuits, the rest of the congregation are left with a quarter of a water cracker & a drop of red wine vinegar (I am sure they swap the goblets with the good stuff .. )
Old May 28th 2009, 1:51 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Deb
So not true, the priest & his sidekicks get first bash at the wine & biscuits, the rest of the congregation are left with a quarter of a water cracker & a drop of red wine vinegar (I am sure they swap the goblets with the good stuff .. )
Think yourself lucky... they put Rohypnol in the choirboys wine.
Old May 28th 2009, 1:54 pm
Deb

Scarily true I imagine .. ..
Old May 28th 2009, 1:55 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Just another reason for me to not practice Catholicism. . . remember these movies are fictional.
Old May 28th 2009, 1:58 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

And they used to castrate some of them before their voices changed so they would have sopranos in the choir.
Old May 28th 2009, 1:58 pm
Deb

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
Just another reason for me to not practice Catholicism. . . remember these movies are fictional.

Ewan McGregor is on fire in that movie ... literally ...
Old May 28th 2009, 2:05 pm
Queen of my house

Originally Posted by Deb
Ewan McGregor is on fire in that movie ... literally ...
I do want to see it. I actually liked The DaVinci Code when I saw it on the plane. I had refused to pay money to see in the theater, but got interested in it on that long trip across the pond.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.