Brits are a happy lot.

Old Dec 20th 2011, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Brits are a happy lot.

So, Returnee, where are you thinking of moving to then?
Old Dec 21st 2011, 1:27 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Returnee
I think many Britons are not happy now. Apart from rising prices, high divorce rates and the highest obesity levels in Europe, the future looks grim. I know that other countries are facing a grim future too, but this thread is discussing happiness in Britain. If you think it's bad now, I would brace yourself for a bleaker financial few years ahead, as many experts have predicted. It's a shame, but one needs to face reality. It's time to batton down the hatches and be thankful that you have enough money to pay for food and heating.
Returnee, if you don't mind my saying, you would fit right in back home. You already have the negative attitude down pat.

But I've never believed in battening down hatches. Life is for getting out and living, not cowering in fear.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

Returnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jemima55
So, Returnee, where are you thinking of moving to then?
Not sure, yet. Do you have any ideas?
Old Dec 21st 2011, 8:57 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Returnee
I think many Britons are not happy now. Apart from rising prices, high divorce rates and the highest obesity levels in Europe, the future looks grim. I know that other countries are facing a grim future too, but this thread is discussing happiness in Britain. If you think it's bad now, I would brace yourself for a bleaker financial few years ahead, as many experts have predicted. It's a shame, but one needs to face reality. It's time to batton down the hatches and be thankful that you have enough money to pay for food and heating.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 9:03 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the interesting FACT about this survey is that it flies in the face of what the Daily Fail would like us all to believe. More than 3/4 of Britons are satisfied with their lives, of course some will try to tell us the opposite is in fact true and I suppose if that is all they have in their sad little lives we should pity them.
The truth is that the whole world is going to be hit hard by what is happening, we wont be able to escape it wherever we are.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 9:06 am
Banned

Yes exactly, I have lived through recessions here and in the UK and life went on, it certainly didn't affect us, we just carried on and enjoyed ourselves.

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Returnee, if you don't mind my saying, you would fit right in back home. You already have the negative attitude down pat.

But I've never believed in battening down hatches. Life is for getting out and living, not cowering in fear.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Returnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to all

Happy New Year Everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgJy8ZKHoWY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfXjD...eature=related