Brits are a happy lot.

Old Dec 7th 2011, 4:42 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brits are a happy lot.

Contrary to what many would have us believe Brits by and large are pretty happy with their lot in life.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15989841
Old Dec 7th 2011, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Brits are a happy lot.

That "happiness spreadsheet"! You almost expect to find the date as 1st April !
Old Dec 7th 2011, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Sunshine111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chris955
Contrary to what many would have us believe Brits by and large are pretty happy with their lot in life.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15989841
lurve this! funny thing is, until you leave the UK you dont actually know what you got. Have been back for last 4 mths with a new appreciation after 10 yrs away....
Old Dec 8th 2011, 6:36 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I love it when people say I cant wait to leave the UK and get away from stuff like crime, anti social behaviour and gangs. It must be a real wake up call when they find this Utopian paradise doesn't actually exist in the real world.

Originally Posted by Sunshine111
lurve this! funny thing is, until you leave the UK you dont actually know what you got. Have been back for last 4 mths with a new appreciation after 10 yrs away....
Old Dec 10th 2011, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

Returnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to all

Want to be Happy? Don't live in the U.K.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2010...y-dont-live-uk
Old Dec 12th 2011, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

after being back in the uk for a few months now I am still suprised everyday how grumpy the people at work are. In the morning no one says hello, they begrudlingly talk to each other, you really have to push to get them talking and most of the time then they just moan.

I had forgotten just how many people are here as well, after being in perth 6 years england feels packed. Everywhere I go theres just swarms of people to dodge, que behind and be evil stared at by
Old Dec 12th 2011, 11:35 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave99
after being back in the uk for a few months now I am still suprised everyday how grumpy the people at work are. In the morning no one says hello, they begrudlingly talk to each other, you really have to push to get them talking and most of the time then they just moan.

I had forgotten just how many people are here as well, after being in perth 6 years england feels packed. Everywhere I go theres just swarms of people to dodge, que behind and be evil stared at by
WOW when I worked in England I talked to everyone I worked with and had a right laugh...it must be you!?
Old Dec 13th 2011, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
WOW when I worked in England I talked to everyone I worked with and had a right laugh...it must be you!?
HHhhahahahahaaaaaa ha I think not!
Old Dec 13th 2011, 7:38 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave99
HHhhahahahahaaaaaa ha I think not!
I think I know if I had a laugh with my work collegues
Old Dec 13th 2011, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

So did I. Unless everybody in the British Isles has been drugged or brainwashed since 2007 I cant see much would have changed!
Old Dec 13th 2011, 8:11 pm
Banned

Woohoo, look who's back, our very own forum ray of sunshine

Originally Posted by Returnee
Want to be Happy? Don't live in the U.K.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2010...y-dont-live-uk
Old Dec 13th 2011, 8:12 pm
Banned

Yes I can't see why anything would have changed.

Originally Posted by jemima55
So did I. Unless everybody in the British Isles has been drugged or brainwashed since 2007 I cant see much would have changed!
Old Dec 13th 2011, 8:29 pm
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm happy here. OK my life is not perfect, but the things that are wrong (health problems, money worries) wouldn't change by moving to another country. In fact I think in most countries they would be worse. I have diabetes and my treatment since diagnosis has been perfect and free. Also I have a very good job that is well paid for the type of work it is. Money worries are due to previous lack of good money management. Hardly the UK's fault! My DH likes his job too.

I think a lot of the types of things people move for are not the sort of thing that truly matter in the end, sunny weather etc. Friends and family, healthcare, enjoyment of work, good education, good work/life balance etc. I'd personally rather have more time off than work all the hours God sends to afford a big house with a swimming pool.

But everybody is different and good luck to you if that's the type of thing you hanker after. We've never been materialistic anyway, our TV is a 15 inch! The sort of possessions I value are things like photographs, not expensive home cinema systems and designer jewellery.

Last edited by Squirrel; Dec 13th 2011 at 8:31 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

Returnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to all

Yes, I guess it is an individual thing, happiness. Despite the alarming social, general economic situation in Britain some people manage to look on the bright side and have a stisfying life. Not too sure about the one million young unemployed; the elderly who have to decide between eating or heating this winter or families living on a financial knife edge. Still, it is the season to be jolly.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 10:57 pm
The Brit is back

Originally Posted by Returnee
Yes, I guess it is an individual thing, happiness. Despite the alarming social, general economic situation in Britain some people manage to look on the bright side and have a stisfying life. Not too sure about the one million young unemployed; the elderly who have to decide between eating or heating this winter or families living on a financial knife edge. Still, it is the season to be jolly.
WOW...that's the most positive post you've ever written!

People in the US, Canada and many other Countries have to choose between eating & heating too, it's NOT JUST the UK!

You really have to get out more and stop reading the newspapers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.