Brits are a happy lot.

Old Dec 14th 2011, 12:52 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brits are a happy lot.

Yes you could add many in Australia to that list as well, charities are at bursting point trying to keep up with the demand from struggling families. It's not really much of a troll to just say that the UK seems to have the same issues as most other countries though.

Originally Posted by Lorry1
WOW...that's the most positive post you've ever written!

People in the US, Canada and many other Countries have to choose between eating & heating too, it's NOT JUST the UK!

You really have to get out more and stop reading the newspapers!
Old Dec 14th 2011, 12:55 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes the people we know in England are happy and like you they aren't particularly materialistic which I think means a lot.
What you need to remember if you aren't familiar with Returnee is that he is what is known as a troll, he likes the attention

Originally Posted by Squirrel
I'm happy here. OK my life is not perfect, but the things that are wrong (health problems, money worries) wouldn't change by moving to another country. In fact I think in most countries they would be worse. I have diabetes and my treatment since diagnosis has been perfect and free. Also I have a very good job that is well paid for the type of work it is. Money worries are due to previous lack of good money management. Hardly the UK's fault! My DH likes his job too.

I think a lot of the types of things people move for are not the sort of thing that truly matter in the end, sunny weather etc. Friends and family, healthcare, enjoyment of work, good education, good work/life balance etc. I'd personally rather have more time off than work all the hours God sends to afford a big house with a swimming pool.

But everybody is different and good luck to you if that's the type of thing you hanker after. We've never been materialistic anyway, our TV is a 15 inch! The sort of possessions I value are things like photographs, not expensive home cinema systems and designer jewellery.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Returnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to all

I would have thought that now must be one of the least happiest times for many people living in the U.K; what with the dire economic situation and government cutbacks in various social amenities. The latest unemployment figures only reinforce the the really bad state of the British economy and its social impact: 'UK unemployment rose by 128,000 in the three months to October to 2.64 million, as youth unemployment hits a new record high.' Of course, I know a similar situation exists in other countries, but we are discussing Britain on this posting, and perhaps people who are thinking of returning to the U.K. need to think carefully, especially during these economic dark days which seem be engulfing many countries in Europe. Personally, I can only see things getting worse before they get better in the U.K.

Last edited by Returnee; Dec 15th 2011 at 12:38 am.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 12:39 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Returnee
I would have thought that now must be one of the least happiest times for many people living in the U.K; what with the dire economic situation and government cutbacks in various social amenities. The latest unemployment figures only reinforce the the really bad state of the British economy and its social impact: 'UK unemployment rose by 128,000 in the three months to October to 2.64 million, as youth unemployment hits a new record high.' Of course, I know a similar situation exists in other countries, but we are discussing Britain on this posting, and perhaps people who are thinking of returning to the U.K. need to think carefully, especially during these economic dark days generally in Europe. Personally, I can only see things getting worse before they get better.
OMG REALLY!
Every time I see your name as the last one posted I already know exactly what you're going to say as you're like a broken record! (or CD)

Change it for goodness sake. Go out and get a life!
Old Dec 15th 2011, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

Returnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to allReturnee is a name known to all

No need to insult someone who disagrees with others. I don't use bad language or insult people. I don't think I am being negative, just telling it as it is and giving my opinion on The Facts.
Some more facts: 'Financial difficulties will force NHS services in England to undergo major reorganisations which could hit the poorest the hardest, MPs say.'
Old Dec 15th 2011, 12:53 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

No need to insult someone who disagrees with others. I don't use bad language or insult people. I don't think I am being negative, just telling it as it is and giving my opinion on The Facts.
Some more facts: 'Financial difficulties will force NHS services in England to undergo major reorganisations which could hit the poorest the hardest, MPs say.'
Old Dec 15th 2011, 1:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Financial difficulties are nothing new for a lot of people that lived through the eighties and before.
Perhaps some good may come out of the harder times ahead? Folk may re examine what is important and a return to previous times when blatent consumerism was not major concern.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

I`m in the USA, you should see some of the poor souls here who dont get any healthcare, because they are unemployed, here illegally or have no money. The UK is not like that. We pay taxes and get services.
You really appreciate that when you live elsewhere.
And where do your Facts come from?
Old Dec 15th 2011, 1:48 am
Banned

Please don't feed the troll.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Sorry, should know better!
Old Dec 15th 2011, 2:09 am
Banned

I know he is good value entertainment but the rubbish he spouts just drags threads down.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jemima55
I`m in the USA, you should see some of the poor souls here who dont get any healthcare, because they are unemployed, here illegally or have no money. The UK is not like that. We pay taxes and get services.
You really appreciate that when you live elsewhere.
And where do your Facts come from?
The facts come from The British Broadcasting Company (BBC) who report what the government and respected research groups say, publish.

Last edited by Returnee; Dec 15th 2011 at 2:45 am.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

Happiness is rarely a perpetual feeling. Sometimes it lasts for just a fleeting moment, sometimes hours/days/weeks or longer. Enjoy it while it lasts. Search for it if you don't have it.

It's also a very personal emotion. How anyone can quantify it in an individual, let alone a nation is beyond me. It belongs in the moment.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 6:23 am
Banned

I would guess they would ask people if they were happy, if they answer yes then they go in column A and if they say No then they go in column B. It really doesnt seem very hard to me.

Originally Posted by Bud the Wiser

It's also a very personal emotion. How anyone can quantify it in an individual, let alone a nation is beyond me. It belongs in the moment.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I have been back almost 4 months now and find most people happy..
Dave99 you still in Milton Keyes? I was down that way at the weekend, have you been to Stony Stratford what a great town that is, so much night life!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.