Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Brit Films for when I feel Homesick...

Brit Films for when I feel Homesick...

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 3:48 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brit Films for when I feel Homesick...

Originally Posted by britvic
It's Cabritpop I feel sorry for
Kansas? Hmmmm.............
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light

I live in Chicago, and you can get Colemans Mustard in pretty much any store - Jewel, Meijers, etc. Most of the bigger places have an "Ethnic" aisle where you can get Branston Pickle, biscuits, chocolate, puddings, etc.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 4:20 pm
joycey

joyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud of

I love the Italian job (the film).

Yes, we have got a Wegmans close by and damn good it is too..got some great things at Christmas....

I made real old fashioned English Prawn Cocktail the other day with shredded lettuce, served in a glass (Berni Inn style), sliced bread and butter and lemon wedge. My husband laughed alot.

Keep those film ideas coming and also TV series that I could buy. I watched 'The Mallens' trilogy which was superb, if a bit cheaply made, but the Northumberland scenery was faberoonie.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 4:23 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

go to pbs.com and aetv.com and you'll find a lot of Brit series for sale.

Prime Suspect
Wire in the Blood
Persuasion
Pride and Prejudice
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 4:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Love Actually is another good one.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Last Orders, superb film, I even like 28 Days Later

I love Last Orders, great movie.

Also Calender Girls and Little Voice are good to watch.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
I love Last Orders, great movie.

Also Calender Girls and Little Voice are good to watch.
Little Voice, who's in that whats it about ?
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:45 pm
The OC

MancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really nice

I recently got HBO on my Sat. There a bit of brit stuff on there. Extra's and Postman Pat to name two. One thing I am looking forward to is the Longford movie:-

http://www.hbo.com/films/

If you are a former Ealing resident, you would probably recognize parts of Southall in Bend it like Beckham.

Mancmac. (Formerly of Hanwell L.B.E.)
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 11:46 pm
joycey

joyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud ofjoyceygreen has much to be proud of

Hey Mancman - whereabouts in Hanwell? Our house (home) is in Boston Manor, very close to the Tube. I have lived in Ealing most of my life...South Ealing, Ealing Broadway, Northfields etc. My husband is from Brum but last lived there 18 years ago...

I have been here 18 months and get very homesick - have been back twice and each time I am reminded of why we left...Hanwell and Ealing are not the same anymore - that's for sure...Dirty, too much traffic and well, it's not the same...

Hey, the 2 girls from 'Bend it Like Beckham' did so well....ER and Superstardom....I would love to hear where you lived....did you own a house there and whn did you live there????
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 11:54 pm
The OC

MancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really nice

Sent you a PM as I'm sure other members of the board would be delighted to read our tales of Hanwell :-)
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by joyceygreen
Remind me of your favourites....
Trainspotting for me

Love Actually for the misses. This is also a good Chrismas mood movie to watch.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:19 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Sexy Beast
Whistle Down The Wind

Two that I recently enjoyed.(again)
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:24 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joyceygreen
I have been here 18 months from London and am feeling a bit homesick. I have been getting British DVD films and TV series from the local Library. Also am on Netflix and I want to line up some good Brit films.

Have a leaning towards London accent stuff...at the moment can you lot remind me of some good titles to order? What's your favourite Brit Flick film that reminds you of home?

I have seen 'Kes', 'Saturday Night, Sunday Morning', original 'Alfie' with Michael Cain and more modern stuff.....

My husband suggested some Ealing Comedies as we are from Ealing in London and can sometimes recognise the area.

Oh yes, we saw '42 Up' recently (about filming a documentary on a set of children as they grow up, every 7 years...it was superb and I believe they have now made a '49 Up'.

Remind me of your favourites....
Twin Town
Butterfly Kiss
Naked
Truly Madly Deeply
Filthy Dirty Love

I did a 3 year stint in South Ealing before moving here. Loved it and really miss it. Top part of London!
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 1:27 am
joycey

Originally Posted by tonrob
Twin Town
Butterfly Kiss
Naked
Truly Madly Deeply
Filthy Dirty Love

I did a 3 year stint in South Ealing before moving here. Loved it and really miss it. Top part of London!
Originally Posted by MancMan
Sent you a PM as I'm sure other members of the board would be delighted to read our tales of Hanwell :-)
Mancman - Sorry to show how thick and new I am to this site (also can't do pop ups, don't know how to access PM - really sorry)

Tonrob - would love to know where you lived in South Ealing - bet you went to 'Monty's'...also the big pub on the corner that they turned into a trendy restaurant/bar....when were you there and what road...? I went to school in that area (little Ealing Jnr school)....

Pls send more details.....!
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 2:15 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

The Mighty Celt - great flick.

By the way - where did you get 42 up ?? I'd like to get the complete series if at all possible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.