Back in England!!!!

Old May 29th 2004, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back in England!!!!

Originally posted by wombat42
52% of Britains want to leave their country and the most popular destination is Australia.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0...208740,00.html
Yeah, and what percentage of the British population who idealise about living in Australia have actually been there?
Probably a case of watching too many episodes of Neighbours and 'a new life down under'.

Why are you so enamoured with the Moving Back to the UK forum if you despise the place and the people who live there or want to return there??
Old May 29th 2004, 1:41 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by she'llberight
here we go again....
You know, that's EXACTLY what I was thinking...... [/QUOTE]

Dotty has lived in OZ for 10years I reckon that amounts to something..now how long have you wanted to be a wannabe !!??

G how right you are again.......Troll alert !!!
Old May 29th 2004, 4:39 pm
Reticent Member

she'llberight is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pants
You know, that's EXACTLY what I was thinking......
Dotty has lived in OZ for 10years I reckon that amounts to something..now how long have you wanted to be a wannabe !!??

G how right you are again.......Troll alert !!! [/QUOTE]

...and again!!
Old May 29th 2004, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

Here's an update of the HRT test:

http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/cgi-bin/...#CIS/4474/2003

UK citizens who have been habitually resident in the UK before are automatically resident the day they arrive back. You are entitled to help Clivey. Hope this helps.
Old May 30th 2004, 1:35 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

...and again!! [/QUOTE]

you know for someone who is not even in OZ I would have thought you would actually welcome some people's experience or can you not face the fact that Australia is not for everyone and that they will share that with others???so instead of accepting others experiences you prefer to put stupid comments in like zzzzzz....so prey tell why do you even bother looking on this forum????

and what experience of OZ do you have she'llberight????...
Old May 30th 2004, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice

I've been reading these love/hate OZ/UK posts for some time now and decided to add my 2 cent worth!

People, just be grateful that YOU had the opportunity to migrate and YOU made the choice to go back, lots of people haven't got the opportunity and would love to go. No one forced you to put your application in, in the first place, and no one frog marched you back on the plane to the UK, Australia is for some people, the RIGHT thing to do and will live happy ever after, and others DECIDE to go back. Stop bellyaching about what you did or did not do, life is for living, make every moment count 'cos you dont know when you'll be pushing up the daisies!
Remember- BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, GOT THE T SHIRT, but catty comments about how good/bad it was and reasons for leaving are not necessary, everyone is different, let everyone make up their own mind about what is right for them!

another to remember is THE GRASS IS NO0T GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE, ITS JUST A DIFFERENT SHADE.

I'll shut up now!
One very happy ex pat in Australia>
Old May 30th 2004, 2:30 am
Live the moment

Hiya Invictia

well that about sumed it up eh!!!lol

Take care

P
Old May 30th 2004, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by invictia
I've been reading these love/hate OZ/UK posts for some time now and decided to add my 2 cent worth!

People, just be grateful that YOU had the opportunity to migrate and YOU made the choice to go back, lots of people haven't got the opportunity and would love to go. No one forced you to put your application in, in the first place, and no one frog marched you back on the plane to the UK, Australia is for some people, the RIGHT thing to do and will live happy ever after, and others DECIDE to go back. Stop bellyaching about what you did or did not do, life is for living, make every moment count 'cos you dont know when you'll be pushing up the daisies!
Remember- BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, GOT THE T SHIRT, but catty comments about how good/bad it was and reasons for leaving are not necessary, everyone is different, let everyone make up their own mind about what is right for them!

another to remember is THE GRASS IS NO0T GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE, ITS JUST A DIFFERENT SHADE.

I'll shut up now!

Excuse me, bellyaching posts about why people are leaving the UK are OK then :scared: I hope these forums have not turned into the OZ news, you know all one sided nd silence anybody who says otherwise.

I assume you posted a stop posting why you left the UK thread on the old OZ forum
Old May 30th 2004, 9:25 am
Reticent Member

she'llberight is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll shut up now!

My thoughts exactly. Didn't want to post those thoughts though because Pants and Dotty are on a head-hunting mission and I just don't want to get involved (until now). Slagging off people and name-calling people with differing ideas is not for me. They've had their opportunity but for whatever reason it didn't work for them. This part of the forum is interesting for me because it gives views and opinions on those who have returned from overseas and the pros and cons they found along the way. They have the knowledge that us as soon-to-be expats don't have therefore any postings from them are greatfully received. For me it flags up that for some it's not all a bed of roses and moving overseas could end up being the biggest mistake we ever make. Again, for the people who have posted their views on why it didn't work for them, thank you.

Dotty, you have given us some really useful posts that have been helpful and humourous. But sometimes your attitude to being an ex-expat gets a bit tedious. We need the views of people who have returned and most of us take those views on board but the constant negativity sometimes gets a bit too much. I don't want to offend you and if I have I apologise but this is how I feel and I'm not going to let anyone bully me into not posting my thoughts for fear of, well, exactly what has happened on this post - I have kept quiet until now but feel I should speak up and not be intimidated by the response (that goes for you too Pants). It's not surprising a lot of people just view the forum and don't post if this is what happens....

Now if you want to have another go, be my guest. I have said what I needed to say and for me that is the end of it.
Old May 30th 2004, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

They've had their opportunity but for whatever reason it didn't work for them.
Are you saying that people here have returned 'because it didn't work for them'?

If so, that is nonsense. People here return through choice and circumstance, not because it didn't work.

There's a lot who have had a very successful and fun time in Australia but make decisions that we need to be in the Uk right now - not for the reasons that we went to Oz and it was crap. And some of us never intended to stay there forever anyway!

There is a difference between posting the reality that is life in Oz and posting negativity because of having had a bad time there.

All the best for your migration.
Old May 30th 2004, 10:09 am
Live the moment

My thoughts exactly. Didn't want to post those thoughts though because Pants and Dotty are on a head-hunting mission and I just don't want to get involved (until now). Slagging off people and name-calling people with differing ideas is not for me. They've had their opportunity but for whatever reason it didn't work for them. This part of the forum is interesting for me because it gives views and opinions on those who have returned from overseas and the pros and cons they found along the way. They have the knowledge that us as soon-to-be expats don't have therefore any postings from them are greatfully received. For me it flags up that for some it's not all a bed of roses and moving overseas could end up being the biggest mistake we ever make. Again, for the people who have posted their views on why it didn't work for them, thank you.

Dotty, you have given us some really useful posts that have been helpful and humourous. But sometimes your attitude to being an ex-expat gets a bit tedious. We need the views of people who have returned and most of us take those views on board but the constant negativity sometimes gets a bit too much. I don't want to offend you and if I have I apologise but this is how I feel and I'm not going to let anyone bully me into not posting my thoughts for fear of, well, exactly what has happened on this post - I have kept quiet until now but feel I should speak up and not be intimidated by the response (that goes for you too Pants). It's not surprising a lot of people just view the forum and don't post if this is what happens....

Now if you want to have another go, be my guest. I have said what I needed to say and for me that is the end of it.

You know you are perhaps the only person apart from a banned member who has called me a head hunter or made a reference to me being a bully......I apologise if you feel that way

Read some of my post please do...you know I would be the last person who would want anyone to feel bullied etc for posting thoughts, I normally try to resolve issues but as you I too have had enough of people remarking on us returnees and what we have to say

why didn't you post this as a reply rather than the ZZZ's comments?

You know if its gets tedious just ignore it.....I ignore what many people say on the OZ and NZ forum as its not upto me to pass comments on what people want.

Who is calling anyone names???I also won't be bullied by the likes of any wannabes...I have had a gutful from many ok so maybe that's why we are slighty guarded..god forbib anyone speaks out of line on the NZ and OZ forum...

So there we have it...I wish you luck I don't beare grudges..life is far too short. All the best
Old May 30th 2004, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

shellberight
I just wanted to add also that you chose to respond to a post initiated by someone who has moved back to the UK, and was responded to by someone who has also moved back to the UK.

You haven't been or come back yet and you chose to respond with a very antagonistic comment......what exactly did you expect in return?
Old May 30th 2004, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

ahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to all

I agree with your post. Makes a pleasant change from the uninformative and slanted "DOTTY & PANTS SHOW". OZ has also been good to me as it has no doubt many others.

I'll shut up now!
Old May 30th 2004, 10:51 am
Live the moment

Originally posted by ahappychappy
I agree with your post. Makes a pleasant change from the uninformative and slanted "DOTTY & PANTS SHOW". OZ has also been good to me as it has no doubt many others.

here we go here we go here we go......lar lar lar !!

its Mr "I have nothing useful or informative to add except jump on the band wagon to slag of anyone returning to the UK"....

you truly are a saddo.....you are in denial.....!!!LOL...

Go back to Troll land...!!!bore bore !!!why o why do you even bother to read this forum..mr happychappy? Do you ever contribute anything worth reading?

You make me laugh so very much !!

oh by the way OZ has been good to me too..I have a lovely Aussie hubby like Dotty....and the Uk has been good to me also as I have had a brilliant upbringing ok...!! I am sure you will find something to slag off about me on that now won't you!!!????I don't actually slag of OZ...I defend my decision to go back home ok.!!

Last edited by Pants; May 30th 2004 at 11:38 am.
Old May 30th 2004, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Invictia
Reasons for leaving ARE important....and important for others to know, if applicable to them. I wouldn't expect it to be applicable to you as you are not planning on returning to the UK. However, for those making the move back, we want to know why people are choosing the UK over other countries. For people not yet gone, they too want to know why people are on the move again.

This part of the site was the single best thing I could have found when I was struggling to understand if moving back was the right thing to do. Prior to finding this site, I had to endure endless people questioning my decision to return - form Brits who had never been to Oz, asking why on earth I would want to leave such a fabulous country, and from Aussies who had never even been to the UK asking why I wanted to return to that dump. I was as confused as hell! This site provided me with the support and encouragement that I was doing the right thing. I finally found people who didnt think I was crazy moving back to the UK, and who also agreed with me as to why Australia wasn't the place for us long-term.

As for letting people make their own mind up, yes I agree.....but surely people who aren't returning to the UK but CHOOSE to read this part of the forum anyway are doing so 'at their own risk'.....?

Best wishes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.