back 2 weeks already

Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:40 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: back 2 weeks already

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Ditto and do let us know how the auction goes.
I will, and thanks to obth of you. I can tell you I'm bricking it now. Just hope I at least get some people bidding on it. Then I have to decide what to set the reserve at (Basically how much am I prepared to lose to get out of here).
Old Feb 10th 2007, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Hi all, I love reading your posts - afraid I'm not an Expat but hope to become an Aussie expat soon! Born and bred Aussie girl and sick, sick, sick of the heat.
The other post from someone living here in Perth was spot on - prisoner in your home because of the heat.

So where is a good place to plan to go? My husband is an Electrician and I am an accounts clerk, we have 2 girls we hope to not have abducted and really don't mind selling our 4 x 2 with pool here in Perth and getting a cosy 2 bed flat just to get a life and start travelling, even going away for a weekend from Perth is a 3 hour drive to get somewhere a bit different. Imagine 3 hours from London and you could be in France!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Teabag
Hi all, I love reading your posts - afraid I'm not an Expat but hope to become an Aussie expat soon! Born and bred Aussie girl and sick, sick, sick of the heat.
The other post from someone living here in Perth was spot on - prisoner in your home because of the heat.

So where is a good place to plan to go? My husband is an Electrician and I am an accounts clerk, we have 2 girls we hope to not have abducted and really don't mind selling our 4 x 2 with pool here in Perth and getting a cosy 2 bed flat just to get a life and start travelling, even going away for a weekend from Perth is a 3 hour drive to get somewhere a bit different. Imagine 3 hours from London and you could be in France!
Hi
Do you have any preferance or are you flexible about where you can relocate ? Most uk cities have at least one airport in order to do trips over to Europe etc best of luck in wherever you decide to settle
Old Feb 10th 2007, 7:58 pm
JRB
Forum Regular

JRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to behold

Hi there Woody, we are in Woodbridge in Suffolk. We are just starting to look to buy, we are in a rental at the moment. My husband only started his job this week and our Oz house sale just went through so we have just only started to look. There doesn't seem to be much around and a nice house in Woodbridge looks like it may well be a minimum of £250,000. The surrounding villages and towns are quite abit cheaper but Woodbridge is definately the nicest town. I love being able to walk everywhere at the moment by living quite central in this small market town. I hope we will be able to buy here. Where are you Woody?
Old Feb 10th 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by arkon
Excellent Woody and I'm glad you are enjoying it, I can't tell you how envious I am, Every time I think of home it brings up pictures of Chocolate Crunchy Nut Clusters for some reason, for me almost a single reason good enough to go home.

We have our farm auction in March so with luck I won't be too far behind you.
Arkon just the stress of waiting for this or is it a relief? I read in one of your posts I think that you were hoping not to go down that rd(auction). All the best with it and let us know how you go.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:13 pm

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Some suggestions in the UK:
Winchester, Salisbury, New Forest area. All easy reach of the south coast and London. Or in the north, Lake District, North Yorkshire. More tucked away? Devon, Cornwall. If you want to travel, then somewhare near a low cost airline airport.

Are you only thinking UK? Otherwise Europe is your oyster. I would think about Rome, Tuscany (esp Sienna), Northern Italy, Barcellona, Geneva, Zurich, Copenhagen, Oslo, South of France... So many places...

By the Lonely Planet guide to whichever country you are considering.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 11:21 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Lordy lordy!! This is a first for me...an Aussie who hates the heat and wants to get out of Perth to live in Europe!

Welcome to our little forum. It must be hard for you to read us generalising and knocking Perth and it's inhabitants. Oh heck...she knows where we'll be on Friday Erm, you're welcome to join us, as long as you come in peace!

The UK is your oyster. You need to sort out how much money you'll have to play with, that's the main thing. That will dictate where you live.
You also need to find out whether your hubby's electrical licence will be valid over there or if he'll have to get re-trained or whatever.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 11:28 pm
Account Closed

I will, and thanks to obth of you. I can tell you I'm bricking it now. Just hope I at least get some people bidding on it. Then I have to decide what to set the reserve at (Basically how much am I prepared to lose to get out of here).
Yes, please keep us posted how it goes. As for the money arkon, I know it's important and every penny will help you get started again in the UK but what's the alternative here? If you set the reserve too high, you could be stuck in that hell hole and very unhappy with your life. What's more important at the end of the day? You will get back on your feet in the UK, we all will.

Okay, to lose some money is a pain in the butt, whereas peace of mind is priceless. I've done it; walked away from something (that was making me very unhappy) completely penniless and I forfeited a heck of a lot of money. But my God, the weight that was lifted from my shoulders, and that peaceful feeling in my heart was so worth taking that financial hit.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:34 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blowfly
Arkon just the stress of waiting for this or is it a relief? I read in one of your posts I think that you were hoping not to go down that rd(auction). All the best with it and let us know how you go.
No it's actually far more stressful. I just know I'm going to have to make a painfull decision and I'm not sure I can do it. By taking other auctions in the area into consideration, my best guess is a 400k loss!! That buys a lot of mogodons and I will have to stay if it comes to that kind of figure.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

No it's actually far more stressful. I just know I'm going to have to make a painfull decision and I'm not sure I can do it. By taking other auctions in the area into consideration, my best guess is a 400k loss!! That buys a lot of mogodons and I will have to stay if it comes to that kind of figure.
OMG I had no idea it was that much. What a hell of a situation to be in,well I will certainly have everything crossed.The stress as got to be a nightmare.Pleaase let us know how it goes. Good Luck with it all. I am going outback to live for 2 weeks just to start with.I hope to be on line fairly quickly
to keep up to date.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 4:29 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blowfly
OMG I had no idea it was that much. What a hell of a situation to be in,well I will certainly have everything crossed.The stress as got to be a nightmare.Pleaase let us know how it goes. Good Luck with it all. I am going outback to live for 2 weeks just to start with.I hope to be on line fairly quickly
to keep up to date.
Where are you going then Blowfly?
Old Feb 11th 2007, 4:58 am
Account Closed

By taking other auctions in the area into consideration, my best guess is a 400k loss!! .
Holy Sh**!!!! Breath arkon, breath.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Where are you going then Blowfly?
I am of to a mining town out west from Rocky it is about a 4 hour drive. I will see how I go can't stay out al the time my son goes to school in town. I am trying to keep everyone happy.Mind you I'll probably be knacked in the process between the 2 but well see.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:28 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Holy Sh**!!!! Breath arkon, breath.
Believe me not a day goes by when I don't wonder how I got into this mess and what it's going to cost to get out of it. Problem is I do have a choice. I could choose not to sell and therefore not loose any money. What a choice!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Lordy lordy!! This is a first for me...an Aussie who hates the heat and wants to get out of Perth to live in Europe!

Welcome to our little forum. It must be hard for you to read us generalising and knocking Perth and it's inhabitants. Oh heck...she knows where we'll be on Friday Erm, you're welcome to join us, as long as you come in peace!

The UK is your oyster. You need to sort out how much money you'll have to play with, that's the main thing. That will dictate where you live.
You also need to find out whether your hubby's electrical licence will be valid over there or if he'll have to get re-trained or whatever.
Thanks Tracey, yes I realise I am an odd-ball, can't find any Aussie forums for people wanting to go the UK other than young singles etc. We are a middle-aged family. So sorry I am gate-crashing the Brit expat's forum but you guys are more on my level

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.