back 2 weeks already

Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default back 2 weeks already

I can't believe where the time is going. They say that time flies when you are having fun, it is so true. Time seemed to stand so still in OZ I felt that I had retired.
All our goods arrived yesterday and suddenly the holiday seems over... do I care NO!
The kids school was closed due to snow and we played for hours in it. The scenic views over the fields were to die for. The best thing was having a warm house to defrost in after.
Yesterday was also hubbies birthday and we managed to hit the pubs for the first time in years. Sipping German beer and playing pool whilst listening to Therapy being blasted out made the whole trip worth while.
Today Mr Dev has to make a decision over jobs. He has 3 fantastic offers and the choice is his. I have also found a few jobs that will fit in well with the kids so fingers crossed!
My daughter has just passed an audition for a Sat dance college and hopefully the other kids activities will get sorted soon. The kids are busy with play dates and the Mums are very friendly with a sense of humour that soon has you
I know that some people have made this move back and regretted it. All I can say is well done for giving it a go. For the rest of you that are wanting to come back. Take your time, it will happen, just make sure that you enjoy the time that you have left. It soon seems a distant memory.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:28 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: back 2 weeks already

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
I can't believe where the time is going. They say that time flies when you are having fun, it is so true. Time seemed to stand so still in OZ I felt that I had retired.
All our goods arrived yesterday and suddenly the holiday seems over... do I care NO!
The kids school was closed due to snow and we played for hours in it. The scenic views over the fields were to die for. The best thing was having a warm house to defrost in after.
Yesterday was also hubbies birthday and we managed to hit the pubs for the first time in years. Sipping German beer and playing pool whilst listening to Therapy being blasted out made the whole trip worth while.
Today Mr Dev has to make a decision over jobs. He has 3 fantastic offers and the choice is his. I have also found a few jobs that will fit in well with the kids so fingers crossed!
My daughter has just passed an audition for a Sat dance college and hopefully the other kids activities will get sorted soon. The kids are busy with play dates and the Mums are very friendly with a sense of humour that soon has you
I know that some people have made this move back and regretted it. All I can say is well done for giving it a go. For the rest of you that are wanting to come back. Take your time, it will happen, just make sure that you enjoy the time that you have left. It soon seems a distant memory.

Glad that it's going well woody - thanks for the update.

So you aren't going to be a ping-ponger then? No pangs at all????
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

So glad things are going well for you. I wish it was me.LOL Gosh how wonderful snow would be around about now.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Hi
Glad to hear youve settled in so quickly good luck with the job descision
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Best
Glad that it's going well woody - thanks for the update.

So you aren't going to be a ping-ponger then? No pangs at all????
Non at all. Still smiling like a cheshire cat and humming.. it's driving the kids nutts
My sister has just found a regular babysitter so we can hit the town once a week! The choice in drinking venues is amazing. You can go wine, sport, nightclub or dodgy... I am looking forward to trying all.
Only regret at the moment is why I waited so long.
How's things in Melbourne... is it very hot?
are you still working?
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Non at all. Still smiling like a cheshire cat and humming.. it's driving the kids nutts
My sister has just found a regular babysitter so we can hit the town once a week! The choice in drinking venues is amazing. You can go wine, sport, nightclub or dodgy... I am looking forward to trying all.
Only regret at the moment is why I waited so long.
How's things in Melbourne... is it very hot?
are you still working?
Hi
As they say in the uk , go girl, After that update you may now want to change your avator to definatly out of limbo land all the best
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Eastbound
Hi
As they say in the uk , go girl, After that update you may now want to change your avator to definatly out of limbo land all the best
Will have to think up something quirky this weekend. Shame I can't change my login to woodyinuk without having to create a new account.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:02 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Woody you lucky thing you!!!

I've just spoken to Mum and she's got heaps of snow in Herefordshire.

You've done so much in your short while back and everything seems to be slotting into place just nicely. that's great.

Just to say, it's been 35 over here today in Perth and bloody horrible! I wanted to go walking but couldn't face thr thought of getting heat stroke!

You enjoy the pubs, snow, central heating, choice in the shops and everything that's British!!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Oh Woody you lucky thing you!!!

I've just spoken to Mum and she's got heaps of snow in Herefordshire.

You've done so much in your short while back and everything seems to be slotting into place just nicely. that's great.

Just to say, it's been 35 over here today in Perth and bloody horrible! I wanted to go walking but couldn't face thr thought of getting heat stroke!

You enjoy the pubs, snow, central heating, choice in the shops and everything that's British!!
I feel for you with the heat. People here find it hard to understand when I say that I am loving the cold. The feeling of thick Duvets and coats is fantastic.
I feel for you having to stay there longer than you want to. There is no worse feeling than that of being trapped. I felt like it for over 3 years and now it feels like such a weight lifted from me. Try not to let it get you down and keep yourself busy. I think that the mistake I made was telling people a year prior that I was heading back as suddenly you isolate yourself.
Can you book yourself a holiday so that you have something positive to look forward to?
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:13 am
Account Closed

I feel for you with the heat. People here find it hard to understand when I say that I am loving the cold. The feeling of thick Duvets and coats is fantastic.
I feel for you having to stay there longer than you want to. There is no worse feeling than that of being trapped. I felt like it for over 3 years and now it feels like such a weight lifted from me. Try not to let it get you down and keep yourself busy. I think that the mistake I made was telling people a year prior that I was heading back as suddenly you isolate yourself.
Can you book yourself a holiday so that you have something positive to look forward to?
We are absolutely skint so no chance of a holiday to the UK for us as a family! I'm still a poor uni student you know! Only until Nov 08.

So tell me, have your kids been mugged, abused by a weirdo, beaten by chavs or offered drugs in school yet?

My little ones are my greatest worry in moving back. It's supposed to be so 'not safe' for kids there anymore. How've you found it?
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TraceyW
We are absolutely skint so no chance of a holiday to the UK for us as a family! I'm still a poor uni student you know! Only until Nov 08.

So tell me, have your kids been mugged, abused by a weirdo, beaten by chavs or offered drugs in school yet?

My little ones are my greatest worry in moving back. It's supposed to be so 'not safe' for kids there anymore. How've you found it?
My kids have high aspirations and they are waiting till a vacancy comes up for drugs dealer!

Last night in town all I saw where people walking around having fun! The thing that I have found hardest is trying to tell my body that I don't need to be in bed by 10pm... the night is still young here at that time.

I know what you mean by being skint... I have never had such little money as I did in OZ. The jobs that hubby is getting offered means that we can start living again. I am finding the food so cheap and the choice of clothing at such affordable prices. The kids have now a smart looking uniform (with ties) Clarks shoes and huge smiles. Schools here are so much more fun they tell me!

Could you not plan a trip to somewhere either in OZ or close to. I think that virgin do some good deals now.. It would really help you cope with the 18 months that you have left.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:32 am
Account Closed

My kids have high aspirations and they are waiting till a vacancy comes up for drugs dealer!

Last night in town all I saw where people walking around having fun! The thing that I have found hardest is trying to tell my body that I don't need to be in bed by 10pm... the night is still young here at that time.

I know what you mean by being skint... I have never had such little money as I did in OZ. The jobs that hubby is getting offered means that we can start living again. I am finding the food so cheap and the choice of clothing at such affordable prices. The kids have now a smart looking uniform (with ties) Clarks shoes and huge smiles. Schools here are so much more fun they tell me!

Could you not plan a trip to somewhere either in OZ or close to. I think that virgin do some good deals now.. It would really help you cope with the 18 months that you have left.
My darling OH keeps on about moving to Brisbane and he reckons things will be much better there. So, he wants to go on holiday there next year. He's treating it like a rekkie....I just want to go to Seaworld personally!

Which part of the UK did you move back to not to have had your kids abducted then? I thought that happened in every town/city in the UK? well, it does according to the Daily Fail .
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:59 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent Woody and I'm glad you are enjoying it, I can't tell you how envious I am, Every time I think of home it brings up pictures of Chocolate Crunchy Nut Clusters for some reason, for me almost a single reason good enough to go home.

We have our farm auction in March so with luck I won't be too far behind you.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by arkon
We have our farm auction in March so with luck I won't be too far behind you.

Hope you manage to offload it arkon. As long as the price is ok, just take what you can and leg it mate!!!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 2:57 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news, good on you. It's nice to hear a success story.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.