Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Amarillo - the good and the bad

Amarillo - the good and the bad

Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:16 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amarillo - the good and the bad

Originally Posted by Leslie66
No he didn't. Only fags cry.
Then that's the Bible being fundamentally accurate shot to hell.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 8:47 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it was '94. It was also the year of the "Republican Landslide" which was a direct backlash to Clinton winning the presidential election. Richards lost mainly due to the superiority of the Republican political machine that Snowbunny eluded to AND the Democrats masochistic need to sabotage themselves whenever things are going well.
Did I really say "eluded" here?!?!
Old Mar 5th 2010, 8:50 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I've been making errors left and right. Does not help that I was systematically sleep deprived all day yesterday. (Sleep study - every two hours they ask you to nap. The second you drop off, they come in and wake you up. In between you get to watch daytime TV.)
Old Mar 5th 2010, 8:53 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
I've been making errors left and right. Does not help that I was systematically sleep deprived all day yesterday. (Sleep study - every two hours they ask you to nap. The second you drop off, they come in and wake you up. In between you get to watch daytime TV.)
Good God. I'd definitely be shooting somebody in the face.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, and I laughed.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 9:03 am
Lapine Member

Good God. I'd definitely be shooting somebody in the face.
I wanted to smash in the TV after watching the "Potty Dance" commercial for the 1,051st time.

Old Mar 5th 2010, 9:08 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by Bill_S
Yep, and I laughed.
Any self respecting asshole would have pointed it out for public ridicule. Wannabe.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 9:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike

I have to say, you are the last person I would have ever thought would live in Texas! And here am I, forced to live in Arizona ... and loving it! Isn't life a strange thing!

I am intrigued about that remark to Leslie.

I've been thinking about it and just wondered why you would say it. I mean, honestly there are an awful lot of very very normal people in Texas (Leslie included) If you haven't lived here or even visited I guess you can get a warped sense of how Texans really are but I found on the whole that they are pretty decent folk.

Next month I'll be visiting San Francisco for the first time and I guess I should expect tree hugging hippies to be the norm then?
Old Mar 5th 2010, 9:09 am
WTF?

I wanted to smash in the TV after watching the "Potty Dance" commercial for the 1,051st time.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mVToZfaGCTw&feature=related
2 minutes? Is it a new Disney show?
Old Mar 5th 2010, 9:22 am
Lapine Member

2 minutes? Is it a new Disney show?
Well, the advert is about 30 secs - apparently the above is an extended version for those who just can't get enough. I DARE you to watch 30 secs of it once - you'll get a taste of my day yesterday.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 9:28 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
I am intrigued about that remark to Leslie.

I've been thinking about it and just wondered why you would say it. I mean, honestly there are an awful lot of very very normal people in Texas (Leslie included) If you haven't lived here or even visited I guess you can get a warped sense of how Texans really are but I found on the whole that they are pretty decent folk.

Next month I'll be visiting San Francisco for the first time and I guess I should expect tree hugging hippies to be the norm then?
Yeah, I don't agree with the sentiment either but it's not my job in life to change people's beliefs. FWIW, I am constantly meeting intellectuals and open minded people here. Oh and none of the backwards redneck retards that post on BE are even from Texas.

I've been attending some Texas Women Democrats meetings but I've quit because I'm starting to hate Democrats and I don't want that to happen.

Tonight is gay Karaoke night.

I think people have a tendency to find exactly what they are expecting in life.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 9:29 am
WTF?

Well, the advert is about 30 secs - apparently the above is an extended version for those who just can't get enough. I DARE you to watch 30 secs of it once - you'll get a taste of my day yesterday.
I stopped at 30 secs.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 9:38 am
Lapine Member

I stopped at 30 secs.
Yeah... sleep deprivation and watching that sort of "entertainment" felt like torture. Nine hours of it.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 9:40 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah... sleep deprivation and watching that sort of "entertainment" felt like torture. Nine hours of it.
So, a bit like listening to Devo then?
Old Mar 5th 2010, 9:43 am
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by chartreuse
So, a bit like listening to Devo then?
I'd rather listen to Devo. I've got a vinyl album of theirs that probably clocks at 40 minutes.

I didn't mention that an episode of "18 Kids And Counting" was on... and it was a rerun of one I'd happened to see. I saw many babies born and brides freaking out over their wedding dresses and one woman who resented being told what not to wear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.