Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Amarillo - the good and the bad

Wikiposts

Amarillo - the good and the bad

Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:50 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amarillo - the good and the bad

Originally Posted by Steerpike
We all have our odd-balls ... but Texas just seems to have a few too many! George Bush, whoever shot JFK, etc ... ! But I guess CA gave the world Reagan ...
Neither George Bush was BORN in Texas (stamps foot).

I agree, Leslie - that is how I feel. Especially when I think of having six more years of Perry . But I also love the *land*. Especially the Hill Country.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Neither George Bush was BORN in Texas (stamps foot).

I agree, Leslie - that is how I feel. Especially when I think of having six more years of Perry . But I also love the *land*. Especially the Hill Country.
Perry will be gone. Bill White is the MAN
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:58 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Perry will be gone. Bill White is the MAN
I love him (Bill) but I just don't want to hope. My brother has said that a poll had shown that Bill White would fare better against Perry than KBH. Makes sense.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:58 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Especially when I think of having six more years of Perry .
Yeah, I was disappointed by that and had hoped Medina would do better. But the noted Jihadist Glen Beck put paid to that.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 1:00 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Yeah, I was disappointed by that and had hoped Medina would do better. But the noted Jihadist Glen Beck put paid to that.
Someone on Facebook - out of my high school crew, who are mainly Republican, admonished a fellow Repub for liking Stephen Colbert. I replied that I'd rather have Stephen Colbert as my "spokesperson" than the likes of Glenn Beck!
Old Mar 4th 2010, 1:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I have a love/hate relationship with Texas. She's like a relative that I am free to insult but I feel defensive when other people criticize her. There are a lot of crazies here but I've always thought that was one of the best aspects of the state. Anyway, all the top quality people I've known are from here so it can't be all bad.
Thank you!

Or am I one of the crazies?
Old Mar 4th 2010, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Toontje
Thank you!

Or am I one of the crazies?
Well, I'm clearly the Quality, so I guess...
Old Mar 4th 2010, 1:33 pm

Someone on Facebook - out of my high school crew, who are mainly Republican, admonished a fellow Repub for liking Stephen Colbert. I replied that I'd rather have Stephen Colbert as my "spokesperson" than the likes of Glenn Beck!
I like Colbert too. As for Beck, either his whole persona is a cynical fraud designed to exploit the gullible while he engages in corrupt practices with equally repulsive politicians, or it's just a matter of time until he straps on a Semtex waistcoat.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm clearly the Quality,
Ahem....

so I guess...
... that we're both crazies!
Old Mar 4th 2010, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

I like Colbert too. As for Beck, either his whole persona is a cynical fraud designed to exploit the gullible while he engages in corrupt practices with equally repulsive politicians, or it's just a matter of time until he straps on a Semtex waistcoat.
Think I heard a while back his crying is all acting on cue
Old Mar 4th 2010, 3:33 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisfromusa
Think I heard a while back his crying is all acting on cue
How could anyone think it wasn't? The a*sehole is clearly a charlatan on the make.

Anyway, I deeply miss Ann Richards: she was a mensch if ever there was one. Likewise Molly Ivins...
Old Mar 4th 2010, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
You just ruined my night
On the plus side they do provide this handy map of the strip clubs, gay bars and adult bookstores in Amarillo ...
Old Mar 4th 2010, 4:45 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by nettlebed
Anyway, I deeply miss Ann Richards: she was a mensch if ever there was one. Likewise Molly Ivins...
Absolutely. I was astounded that she lost to Bush in 2000 - I think a lot of us were. We'd underestimated his political capital.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 12:26 am

Absolutely. I was astounded that she lost to Bush in 2000 - I think a lot of us were. We'd underestimated his political capital.
Well, she did herself no favours when she vetoed the concealed carry bill.

Edited to add: Wasn't it '94?

Last edited by chartreuse; Mar 5th 2010 at 12:28 am.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 2:28 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed
How could anyone think it wasn't? The a*sehole is clearly a charlatan on the make.

Yes! Thanks for mentioning them. I was thinking about Ann Richards in relation to this thread. She was just so grand and perfect. I loved her. Her influence solidified many of the political and social beliefs that I still hold today. Her campaign and governorship was such an exciting time for me. I miss Molly Ivins too ... she was like a comfortable chair that I could always fall back into. When they died they both left huge voids that will probably never be filled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.