2 week update .

Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 week update .

[QUOTE=ElizabethR;8366720]Sunday lunch had a sausage sizzle on one of the free BBQs.

I am sorry, I can not resist . I have lived here since 77 and for the life of me can not stand eating out doors fighting with flies for my food. Did you not have any problems with them?
Alas it is usually too hot to do most outdoors in the summertime here in Perth...unless of course your up at the crack of dawn after going to bed at 9pm......BBQ's are just so over rated....been that done that...etc...and to tell you the truth I do try and stay out of the heat and sun as often as possible because I really do not want my skin to become like leather and start having to have growths cut out...as a few of my older Aussie friends have had to do....
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 11:56 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=brits1;8367135]
Originally Posted by ElizabethR
Sunday lunch had a sausage sizzle on one of the free BBQs.

Alas it is usually too hot to do most outdoors in the summertime here in Perth...unless of course your up at the crack of dawn after going to bed at 9pm......BBQ's are just so over rated....been that done that...etc...and to tell you the truth I do try and stay out of the heat and sun as often as possible because I really do not want my skin to become like leather and start having to have growths cut out...as a few of my older Aussie friends have had to do....
Didn't you realise it was going to be hot when you emigrated to Perth ! .

There are some hot days granted , but a lot of the days are perfect for going to the park .... and haven't you heard of suncream ?
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 11:58 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

[QUOTE=BAY;8367615]
Originally Posted by brits1

There are some hot days granted , but a lot of the days are perfect for going to the park .... and haven't you heard of suncream ?
Parks are boring...jeez
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 12:07 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Nu-Shooz;8367621]
Originally Posted by BAY

Parks are boring...jeez
Thats alright then because it too wet and cold to visit any in the UK !
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

ElizabethR will become famous soon enoughElizabethR will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=ezzie;8367044]Didn't quite understand what caused the fracas...did they want booze/fags off you.

Glad you're OK, what a welcome for that poor lad! I told my kids about it and they refused to believe me.....well, they are Aussies!

I was reading about the safety of transport in Sydney this morning and I must admit I thought, well I've always felt incredibly safe in Sydney. Then I was reading the comments from readers about sexual assault etc, etc that they;d suffered, and I just thought, but I never read anything about that!

Talking of attacks...who read about Norman Tebbut kicking a kid dressed in a Chinese New Year dragon/lion outfit up the arse outside his house? Brilliant stuff. My God, I wish Australian politicians were half as interesting as the British. Which politician was it who liked having sex with prostitutes wearing his favourite team's soccer scarf? The name escapes me - unfortunately the image doesn't!

It all started by a girl of about 13 asking for fags and money for booze. She was told "no" and to go away. I am still trying to work out were the hell asll of the kids came from! Love the story about Norman Tebbit. Australians are much more conservative I think compared to the Liberal British imo.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

ElizabethR will become famous soon enoughElizabethR will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=brits1;8367135]
Originally Posted by ElizabethR
Sunday lunch had a sausage sizzle on one of the free BBQs.

I can't wait for winter, I have felt like that since I came here. It gets me down as strange as that seems, the sweating, flies , mozzies . Skin cancer is something to a worry about, I know ,many people in the older age group that have growths cut out and not just one. On another note I try not to spray my skin with insect repellent, this stuff really worries me so I use it sparingly.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 2:06 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY

Here you go again. Elizabeth said she has been in Australia since 1977, so perhaps, just perhaps, she may have been a child and not had any choice in the matter? As for sausage sizzles, yuk!

Oh, and look under Elizabeths name, not everyone is here in Perth.

Originally Posted by BAY

Just what I would expect from you. We visited more beautiful parks, woods & forests in the UK when my son was very young than I could count, winter, summer, spring and autumn. We've not found one here that was worth the visit.

Last edited by St.Georges Girl; Feb 24th 2010 at 2:08 am.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Nu-Shooz;8367621]
Originally Posted by BAY

Parks are boring...jeez
I did not mention parks????someone is not quoting correctly....cor blimey at 77 if that was all I could look forward to walking in the parks...well put me out of my misery now....and ice crea....not my cup of tea....melt way to quickly here and also would not pay the price they charge here in Perth for an ice cream.......Parks...I was thinking in my older age I'd be having a "right good knees up".....anyway done parks to death here in Perth and boring,boring.....and there are not that many here anyway and then only the Kings Park can hold a candle to the parks we have visited in the U.K and Europe....
Old Feb 24th 2010, 5:07 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Here you go again. Elizabeth said she has been in Australia since 1977, so perhaps, just perhaps, she may have been a child and not had any choice in the matter? As for sausage sizzles, yuk!

Fair comment. Apologies ... don't agree with sausage sizzles, yuk! though
Oh, and look under Elizabeths name, not everyone is here in Perth.

Just what I would expect from you. We visited more beautiful parks, woods & forests in the UK when my son was very young than I could count, winter, summer, spring and autumn. We've not found one here that was worth the visit.
Agree UK has some beautiful parks and National Parks ... Lake District in particular
Old Feb 24th 2010, 5:10 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=brits1;8369920]
Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz

I did not mention parks????someone is not quoting correctly....cor blimey at 77 if that was all I could look forward to walking in the parks...well put me out of my misery now....and ice crea....not my cup of tea....melt way to quickly here and also would not pay the price they charge here in Perth for an ice cream.......Parks...I was thinking in my older age I'd be having a "right good knees up".....anyway done parks to death here in Perth and boring,boring.....and there are not that many here anyway and then only the Kings Park can hold a candle to the parks we have visited in the U.K and Europe....
What you on about 'if that was all I could look forward to walking in the parks' who suggested that ?
Old Feb 24th 2010, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

Now this started out as a nice thread....live and let live, it's all subjective & it's always interesting to hear different opinions.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:01 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
Agree UK has some beautiful parks and National Parks ... Lake District in particular
The Lakes are absolutely stunning. There are some beautiful parks and estates in and around Hertfordshire and Kent, Hever Castle being one that has really stuck in my memory. The London Butterfly House in Syon Park is another, but I recently learned it has shut down. I wonder what will happen to the gardens?
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:08 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=BAY;8367636]
Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz

It was -2 when i was in Perth. Ran out of the airport in shorts after flight from Bangkok... it was like that bit in Cool Runnings when the Jamaican team go through the doors of the airport at Calgary.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not finding it that cold at all. Been running three times a week as normal and it's way more comfortable than the humidity in Sydney. Been riding a few times and I'm pretty sure scooting along at 40kph (ok maybe 36) would create a fair bit more wind chill than just walking about and it's all been quite pleasant, especially the lack of redneck driver factor.

Sunday's ride was lovely I went Wells, Wedmore, up Cheddar Gorge, Blagdon, Priddy, Horrington, Wells (for those that know Somerset) and coming back through Priddy the church bells were ringing and people were milling about going to church. Great ride.

I have invested in some over boots on the bike though, and I've been getting used to the longer braking distances due to wet cow cr@p on my wheels.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

I think you will find the quote was incorrect bay. I do not live in Perth and goodness you seem to have a bit of a chip about things to do with OZ and the UK. I have lived here now since 77. I did not want to stay, I do not dislike or hate it here but sometimes I feel a bit out of place for want of a better phrase.

I love the bright blue sky, not the heat, and all that goes with that. I love the winter here though. Is that enough of an explanation for you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.