2 week update .

Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 week update .

Originally Posted by stllurnin48
We had the same thing in South Carolina. My US wife would say something and the conversation would go on. I would open my mouth and they would just stare at me ...or respond, looking at my wife. Made me feel as though I was not there!

The in-laws were just the same. Nice people but very wary of outsiders.

Back in the UK now, where I don't think twice about talking to someone. Although my wife may get the same treatment I got, over here.
I hope your wife has a friendly experience in the U.K...if anything travelling as we have been lucky enought to have experienced we have found the British to usually be very friendly...ofcourse other countries we have visited especially in Malaysia ofcourse that is just our opinion....heck I even have Aussie friends...so we must be a friendly race..cause that is not an easy thing to achieve....lol...
Old Feb 20th 2010, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Brits...you've had me going 'aaghhh, errrr, ummmm...." - so I looked it up - Jimmy Hill was the sports presenter with the enormous chin.

Originally Posted by brits1
.he always use to say..."you stick your chin out way to far"...and no I don't look like..."oh now...that's done it...loosing my marbles as well now...." the Engish guy with a rather large chin who use to be on t.v. on one of the football shows....oh heck.....I have not even had a drink honestly.....might go and buy a bottle now though....
Old Feb 21st 2010, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ezzie
Thanks for that Brits...you've had me going 'aaghhh, errrr, ummmm...." - so I looked it up - Jimmy Hill was the sports presenter with the enormous chin.
Thank you....Jimmy Hill....oh those where the days...my Dad thought he was rubbish though..lol...
Old Feb 21st 2010, 11:18 pm
Banned

creepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by king kong
thanks nu shooz , your right there , the boredom of perth puts life in a different perspective . i can actually feel alive here in the uk . Its far from boring .
Australia is dreadfully dull.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by creepycrawley
Australia is dreadfully dull.
You know if they did not have the weather (and some of that is just too extreme) I am sure people would not come to live here as it does not really have anything else to offer.....and I don't mean that in a horrible way....some lovely coastlines but I have seen nicer....some nice countryside but I have seen much better....culture...just too young a country for that yet and the way the knock old down for new all the time it will remain forever young.....my problem and I have a few..lol...is that....you can wake up and think a nice morning outside weatherwise but then I start to think where can I go today.....been there and done it so many times it makes me feel soooo closed in....because there are not many choices on offer....a friend said the other day..you can do all of W.A in 6 months...I laughed at first (this was a few years ago)but a friend came over to visit on a year ticket but did everything she could here in WA in 4 months so she went off to Malaysia....then the Middle East.....for the rest of the year.....
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 1:47 am
Banned

creepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by brits1
You know if they did not have the weather (and some of that is just too extreme) I am sure people would not come to live here as it does not really have anything else to offer.....and I don't mean that in a horrible way....some lovely coastlines but I have seen nicer....some nice countryside but I have seen much better....culture...just too young a country for that yet and the way the knock old down for new all the time it will remain forever young.....my problem and I have a few..lol...is that....you can wake up and think a nice morning outside weatherwise but then I start to think where can I go today.....been there and done it so many times it makes me feel soooo closed in....because there are not many choices on offer....a friend said the other day..you can do all of W.A in 6 months...I laughed at first (this was a few years ago)but a friend came over to visit on a year ticket but did everything she could here in WA in 4 months so she went off to Malaysia....then the Middle East.....for the rest of the year.....
It's boring - why people can't accept that there is less to do/see here than UK/Europe is beyond me.

Sure, you might like it here cos it's sunny and you live in a bigger house but at least admit that it's pretty dull.

Everything just plods along in Australia.

I'd rather have economic crashes and arguments over the EU than the monotony of Australia any day.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 1:55 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

It's boring - why people can't accept that there is less to do/see here than UK/Europe is beyond me.

Sure, you might like it here cos it's sunny and you live in a bigger house but at least admit that it's pretty dull.

I'd rather have economic crashes and arguments over the EU than the monotony of Australia any day.
There is less to do for sure but for some that isn't boring. Boring is subjective. I am a plodder so it suits me.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 2:12 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

You're like a dog with a bone! You just won't let go. Why does does it bother you so much that lots of people like Australia ? You're getting very tedious ... have you got nothing else in your life but to repeat the same line ... yawn.

Sorry to repeat the obvious line ... but if you don't like Australia what are you doing here ?
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 2:15 am
Banned

Originally Posted by BAY
You're like a dog with a bone! You just won't let go. Why does does it bother you so much that lots of people like Australia ? You're getting very tedious ... have you got nothing else in your life but to repeat the same line ... yawn.

Sorry to repeat the obvious line ... but if you don't like Australia what are you doing here ?
Been talking about plenty else as it happens. But you are doubtless too busy enjoying Australian life to have noticed all of that.

What are you doing in front of your computer? Is it raining in Perth? Go and get yourself out to a park or the beach man.

Last edited by creepycrawley; Feb 22nd 2010 at 2:18 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 3:38 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Been talking about plenty else as it happens. But you are doubtless too busy enjoying Australian life to have noticed all of that.

What are you doing in front of your computer? Is it raining in Perth? Go and get yourself out to a park or the beach man.
Perfect weather in Perth. Sunday was 28 degrees with sunny blue skies. Today is 33 degrees with sunny blue skies. For Sunday lunch had a sausage sizzle on one of the free BBQs. Then played football, basketball, etc etc. Had a good fun time. The park was full of people having a good time.

How about yourself Creepy ? Did you have a good weekend ?
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

Well, most of the time I think there's plenty to do here, well in Sydney anyhow, but they're all things that you go to with friends or family and that's it. Whereas I find in the UK, when you go to events, places, countryside, you tend to interact more with people. I think for this reason the big Australian cities can be lonely places.

The balance is of course, the UK has some pretty iffy areas, a lot of street violence, general yoof 'what you looking at' attitude and a woeful gov't/economic forecast. So I would imagine that if you had kids who'd already left home, the UK would look a lot more enticing than for those with kids who hoped to give them a better future.

I think it's definitely a 'safer' future in Australia, but whether it's 'better' then who can tell.

Originally Posted by BAY

Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

I am agreeing with you....we do find it very boring have done for years and as NB has said some do not find it that way....I wish sometimes I could wake up and just be a plodder and be happy with the small amount of what WA has to offer but alas I was not born that way and we are heading home this April...after 12 years of giving Aus a go....and boy oh boy do we appreciate all that the U.K and Europe etc has to offer....even more so after spending all these years just trying to kill time...
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Ezzie,not sure where you are refering to in "general"about people looking at you sideways?I've lived in quite a few places in GB(OH was a relief farmer)and can honestly say I've never been looked at "that"way!
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Well, most of the time I think there's plenty to do here, well in Sydney anyhow, but they're all things that you go to with friends or family and that's it. Whereas I find in the UK, when you go to events, places, countryside, you tend to interact more with people. I think for this reason the big Australian cities can be lonely places.

The balance is of course, the UK has some pretty iffy areas, a lot of street violence, general yoof 'what you looking at' attitude and a woeful gov't/economic forecast. So I would imagine that if you had kids who'd already left home, the UK would look a lot more enticing than for those with kids who hoped to give them a better future.

I think it's definitely a 'safer' future in Australia, but whether it's 'better' then who can tell.
I think Ezzie the safer version is just sometimes down to luck and where you live and not a country....were we lived and family still do we do not have the problems you have staked about iffy areas etc and was a little bit insulted to think that a stranger to this site who has never been to the U.K would be put off by that paragraph....mine and my OH family who all still live in the U.K were upset that you tarnished their children and area in the context that you wrote...as I said we have had nothing but great friends with children who have done really well, lovely neighbours who we are still in touch with who have not had any violent incidents.....if I was you I certainly would not want to live in the U.K and I would definately stay put once and for all in Australia as the area you are describing you would be mad to return to.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

I don’t think that it is necessarily safer in Australia than the UK. You only have to read the news from the last week to see that there is serious crime all over Australia against young children and adults.

Yes there are iffy areas in the UK, but there are also iffy areas not far from the part of Australia that I live as I am sure there is Australia wide. You just avoid them and teach your children to do them same. I think it is too much of a generalisation and an affront to tar all the UK “yoof” with the same brush, there is just as bad a small minority of “yoofs” in Australia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.