2 week update .

Old Feb 23rd 2010, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

ElizabethR will become famous soon enoughElizabethR will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2 week update .

Originally Posted by BAY
Perfect weather in Perth. Sunday was 28 degrees with sunny blue skies. Today is 33 degrees with sunny blue skies. For Sunday lunch had a sausage sizzle on one of the free BBQs. Then played football, basketball, etc etc. Had a good fun time. The park was full of people having a good time.

How about yourself Creepy ? Did you have a good weekend ?
Sunday lunch had a sausage sizzle on one of the free BBQs.[quote]

I am sorry, I can not resist . I have lived here since 77 and for the life of me can not stand eating out doors fighting with flies for my food. Did you not have any problems with them?
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

ElizabethR will become famous soon enoughElizabethR will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ezzie
Well, most of the time I think there's plenty to do here, well in Sydney anyhow, but they're all things that you go to with friends or family and that's it. Whereas I find in the UK, when you go to events, places, countryside, you tend to interact more with people. I think for this reason the big Australian cities can be lonely places.

The balance is of course, the UK has some pretty iffy areas, a lot of street violence, general yoof 'what you looking at' attitude and a woeful gov't/economic forecast. So I would imagine that if you had kids who'd already left home, the UK would look a lot more enticing than for those with kids who hoped to give them a better future.

I think it's definitely a 'safer' future in Australia, but whether it's 'better' then who can tell.
The balance is of course, the UK has some pretty iffy areas, a lot of street violence, general yoof 'what you looking at' attitude and a woeful gov't/economic forecast. [Quote]

This is an interesting one. I think we have many iffy areas too but spread over a wider area and with a lower population. This weekend I spent it in Toowoon Bay, collected a young man that had just arrived from England, from the railway station (Tuggrah) at about midnight. Our car was surroundered by 13/15 young people from 15 to 18 because we said no to cigarettes and booze. They damaged the car and smashed the English guy we had picked up in the face.Now this area doesn't look to iffy, but hells bells I was more than surprised! The longer I live here the more I wonder about the safer here. I mean is it really?

I can see that it may be to those in Britain with the media that they have ( a lot of Mr Murdoch ownership there).
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 3:28 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=ElizabethR;8366720]Sunday lunch had a sausage sizzle on one of the free BBQs.

I am sorry, I can not resist . I have lived here since 77 and for the life of me can not stand eating out doors fighting with flies for my food. Did you not have any problems with them?
Nope, there were no flies ... and generally there have been very few flies in Perth this summer
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 3:31 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=ElizabethR;8366731]The balance is of course, the UK has some pretty iffy areas, a lot of street violence, general yoof 'what you looking at' attitude and a woeful gov't/economic forecast.

This is an interesting one. I think we have many iffy areas too but spread over a wider area and with a lower population. This weekend I spent it in Toowoon Bay, collected a young man that had just arrived from England, from the railway station (Tuggrah) at about midnight. Our car was surroundered by 13/15 young people from 15 to 18 because we said no to cigarettes and booze. They damaged the car and smashed the English guy we had picked up in the face.Now this area doesn't look to iffy, but hells bells I was more than surprised! The longer I live here the more I wonder about the safer here. I mean is it really?

I can see that it may be to those in Britain with the media that they have ( a lot of Mr Murdoch ownership there).
...collected a young man ... did you know this man ?
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 3:34 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ElizabethR;8366731]The balance is of course, the UK has some pretty iffy areas, a lot of street violence, general yoof 'what you looking at' attitude and a woeful gov't/economic forecast.

Crikey that must have been scary.
We have a big city 45 minutes from us, we used to live there and crime is quite bad, it actually has made the top 5 or so of worst places to live or something like that.
Yet I have and still do drive downtown and through the bad parts with our daughter I go to a large thrift shop that is fantastic and have picked up from the downtown greyhound bus station (notoriously bad areas in most cities) I've never had any problems, I ignore the drug dealers and the hookers and get on with what I'm there for. But I'd never go in the middle of the night.
I just looked it up, it was number 1 for the nation of worst places to live, beat out detroit.

Last edited by Mummy in the foothills; Feb 23rd 2010 at 3:37 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no! That must have been terrifying. Is he ok? Are you ok?
[quote=ElizabethR;8366731]The balance is of course, the UK has some pretty iffy areas, a lot of street violence, general yoof 'what you looking at' attitude and a woeful gov't/economic forecast.

Old Feb 23rd 2010, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=BAY;8366738]
Originally Posted by ElizabethR
The balance is of course, the UK has some pretty iffy areas, a lot of street violence, general yoof 'what you looking at' attitude and a woeful gov't/economic forecast.

...collected a young man ... did you know this man ?
well it sounds better than 'Pick Up'. Yes a cousin of oh.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=ezzie;8366746]Oh no! That must have been terrifying. Is he ok? Are you ok?
The balance is of course, the UK has some pretty iffy areas, a lot of street violence, general yoof 'what you looking at' attitude and a woeful gov't/economic forecast.
It was scarey and to be honest it makes me mad, because if you mention this to some Aussies as of course I have, some how it seemed to be just one of those things.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Mummy in the foothills;8366745]

Crikey that must have been scary.
We have a big city 45 minutes from us, we used to live there and crime is quite bad, it actually has made the top 5 or so of worst places to live or something like that.
Yet I have and still do drive downtown and through the bad parts with our daughter I go to a large thrift shop that is fantastic and have picked up from the downtown greyhound bus station (notoriously bad areas in most cities) I've never had any problems, I ignore the drug dealers and the hookers and get on with what I'm there for. But I'd never go in the middle of the night.
I just looked it up, it was number 1 for the nation of worst places to live, beat out detroit.

It was scary on so many levels. I mean they were just told no cigarettes and no booze. It was like the word 'No' unleashed so much anger and violence bloody new ute too bastards Not a very populated area to be honest and I hear people tell me all the time about the how much better it is here than anywhere else(we have beaches don't you know lol)
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=ezzie;8366746]Oh no! That must have been terrifying. Is he ok? Are you ok?
Sorry ezzie I did not answer you. we are okay the car is damaged and the young man in question is okay but said "I thought Australia was the perfect place". I thought that was a shame to be honest, first impressions and all that.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 6:28 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I've sorted out the dodgy quoting. Can't stand it when you can't see who quoted who and get bits of peoples posts all over the place.

It was scarey and to be honest it makes me mad, because if you mention this to some Aussies as of course I have, some how it seemed to be just one of those things.
Did you watch 'Gangs of Oz' on tv last week? Now there was an eye opener, even for the most devoted 'oz is safe' campaigner.

Sorry to hear about the trouble you had E.

It was scary on so many levels. I mean they were just told no cigarettes and no booze. It was like the word 'No' unleashed so much anger and violence bloody new ute too bastards Not a very populated area to be honest and I hear people tell me all the time about the how much better it is here than anywhere else(we have beaches don't you know lol)
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't quite understand what caused the fracas...did they want booze/fags off you.

Glad you're OK, what a welcome for that poor lad! I told my kids about it and they refused to believe me.....well, they are Aussies!

I was reading about the safety of transport in Sydney this morning and I must admit I thought, well I've always felt incredibly safe in Sydney. Then I was reading the comments from readers about sexual assault etc, etc that they;d suffered, and I just thought, but I never read anything about that!

Talking of attacks...who read about Norman Tebbut kicking a kid dressed in a Chinese New Year dragon/lion outfit up the arse outside his house? Brilliant stuff. My God, I wish Australian politicians were half as interesting as the British. Which politician was it who liked having sex with prostitutes wearing his favourite team's soccer scarf? The name escapes me - unfortunately the image doesn't!

[quote=ElizabethR;8366908]
Originally Posted by ezzie
Oh no! That must have been terrifying. Is he ok? Are you ok?

Sorry ezzie I did not answer you. we are okay the car is damaged and the young man in question is okay but said "I thought Australia was the perfect place". I thought that was a shame to be honest, first impressions and all that.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 7:47 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

David Mellor and the lady in question was Antonia de Sancha
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:05 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

I thought Aussie politics was great when just shortly after I arrived in Oz some MP was caught sniffing a seat where a female MP had been sitting.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:24 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
I thought Aussie politics was great when just shortly after I arrived in Oz some MP was caught sniffing a seat where a female MP had been sitting.
That was Troy Buswell and what a creep he is too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.